It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gixgox: When people point to me an say "I am whats wrong with steam" I can't help but roll my eyes a little bit…as much as I respect all of you
I feel that is a very knee jerk exclamation overall.
This guy's (part of) what's wrong with Steam (and the games industry in general).
gixgox: When people point to me an say "I am whats wrong with steam" I can't help but roll my eyes a little bit…as much as I respect all of you
I feel that is a very knee jerk exclamation overall.
Chandoraa: This guy's (part of) what's wrong with Steam (and the games industry in general).
Did someone do that? I cannot find the post - not even the quoted one. Well, if they did I coudn't agree more that this would be a stupid reaction at best since this is only a thread to announce gaming deals and no advertizing for Steam or DRM in general. Everybody should decide for him or herself if he or she wants to go with Steam or not. At least that is my opinion :)
Chandoraa: This guy's (part of) what's wrong with Steam (and the games industry in general).
MarkoH01: Did someone do that? I cannot find the post - not even the quoted one. Well, if they did I coudn't agree more that this would be a stupid reaction at best since this is only a thread to announce gaming deals and no advertizing for Steam or DRM in general. Everybody should decide for him or herself if he or she wants to go with Steam or not. At least that is my opinion :)
Read post 65002 on the previous page for context.
MarkoH01: Did someone do that? I cannot find the post - not even the quoted one. Well, if they did I coudn't agree more that this would be a stupid reaction at best since this is only a thread to announce gaming deals and no advertizing for Steam or DRM in general. Everybody should decide for him or herself if he or she wants to go with Steam or not. At least that is my opinion :)
GR00T: Read post 65002 on the previous page for context.
Oh I totally misunderstood (did not read the whole post before). I thought somebody was accusing gigox because he posted steam offers when in fact the developer was accused because he abandoned the game for which people already paid money. O.K. - yes, he IS a jerk. If you sell a game which has bugs or is unfinished as a dev you should have the obligation to fix the game and finish it. Otherwise you should never sell it in the first place.

Green man gaming Ubisoft Deal
here
Post edited January 19, 2017 by MarkoH01
I just finished Pony Island after picking it up in the latest Humble Bundle. I was super impressed. It's too bad it got removed from GOG, it's probably one of the best games released in 2016. Now I'm on to VA-11 Hall-A. I'm so glad these ones were DRM-Free, it's a really great bundle!
Post edited January 20, 2017 by llamas
llamas: I just finished Pony Island after picking it up in the latest Humble Bundle. I was super impressed. It's too bad it got removed from GOG, it's probably one of the best games released in 2016. Now I'm on to VA-11 Hall-A. I'm so glad these ones were DRM-Free, it's a really great bundle!
When did pony island get pulled from GOG and why? Makes me want to grab the bundle after knowing that thanks for the info :-)
MarkoH01: Green man gaming Ubisoft Deal
here
GMG are pretty "famous" for charging Beach Tax on their titles. Could someone who is not Australian let me know what their current price is for "Far Cry 3 Deluxe" (deluxe is important)? Please and thankyou.
HeDanny: GMG are pretty "famous" for charging Beach Tax on their titles. Could someone who is not Australian let me know what their current price is for "Far Cry 3 Deluxe" (deluxe is important)? Please and thankyou.
6.57€ VIP price (aka you must sign in), otherwise 7.49€
cecil: When did pony island get pulled from GOG and why? Makes me want to grab the bundle after knowing that thanks for the info :-)
It was removed one month ago. The developer, apparently, wasn't being paid any royalties from the game's sales here and requested that the game be removed.

Info:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/was_pony_island_removed_from_gog/post30
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/was_pony_island_removed_from_gog/post74
Post edited January 20, 2017 by Grargar
HeDanny: GMG are pretty "famous" for charging Beach Tax on their titles. Could someone who is not Australian let me know what their current price is for "Far Cry 3 Deluxe" (deluxe is important)? Please and thankyou.
triock: 6.57€ VIP price (aka you must sign in), otherwise 7.49€
Thanks mate. That is the same price I am seeing(~currency).

I am quite surprised by this. The same game had a lower discount (75%) direct from UbiSoft during their recent sales, yet the end price was cheaper than GMG. That is some pretty strange pricing and math right there.
cecil: When did pony island get pulled from GOG and why? Makes me want to grab the bundle after knowing that thanks for the info :-)
Grargar: It was removed one month ago. The developer, apparently, wasn't being paid any royalties from the game's sales here and requested that the game be removed.

Info:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/was_pony_island_removed_from_gog/post30
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/was_pony_island_removed_from_gog/post74
This is disturbing . . .
The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human - 90% off (0,99€) on Steam.
Post edited January 20, 2017 by Impaler26
Indiegala Leaps and Bounds Bundle - 12 smashing Steam games
$1 or more to get these Steam games:

The Lost Battalion: All Out Warfare (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Sleengster (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Attempt[42] (STEAM) + Trading Cards

$1.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get ALL 12 STEAM GAMES:

Holiday Bonus GOLD (STEAM)
To The Capital (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Brain In My Head (STEAM) + Trading Cards
SWEATER? OK! (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Polygon Attack (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Super Duper Flying Genocide 2017 (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Clock Simulator (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Estiman (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Leap Up no jutsu (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Whoops, my bad. Let me clear up this unfortunate misunderstanding: I certainly do not believe Gixgox to be responsible for what's wrong with Steam (or with anything else that I know). After I post this reply, I'll proceed to write "I will not misquote fellow goglodytes' posts" no less than elebenty times. I kinda wished to start a debate on wrongful advertising and/or entitledness around some so-called indie devs, but the thing is I'm swamped with work at the moment, so I'll just try to summarize it with this quote from MarkoH01:

MarkoH01: yes, he IS a jerk.
I'm 99% sure he wasn't talking about Gixgox, btw :-P.
Chandoraa: Whoops, my bad. Let me clear up this unfortunate misunderstanding: I certainly do not believe Gixgox to be responsible for what's wrong with Steam (or with anything else that I know). After I post this reply, I'll proceed to write "I will not misquote fellow goglodytes' posts" no less than elebenty times. I kinda wished to start a debate on wrongful advertising and/or entitledness around some so-called indie devs, but the thing is I'm swamped with work at the moment, so I'll just try to summarize it with this quote from MarkoH01:

MarkoH01: yes, he IS a jerk.
Chandoraa: I'm 99% sure he wasn't talking about Gixgox, btw :-P.
Of course he didn't - now I understand it (hopefully). Give me a break - it was a rough week and I am not so good at thinking atm ;)
Post edited January 20, 2017 by MarkoH01