It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

wanderer_27: Looks like they're limiting the number of bundles you can buy to 1, so if you buy a low tier you're stuck and can't buy a higher tier as well.
PincushionMan: I suspect they are trying to cut down on those users that key farm for those reseller sites. Also could be used to cut down on refunds and / or chargebacks.

As for buying a low tier and upgrading - you can do that, just go into your previous purchases and look for the "Like what we're doing? Click here to increase your order amount!" link.

Also, I've noticed that the real time widget is in the purchased page, rather than the fixed widget, so you may have to play with it a bit if you don't want to accidentally spend too much. Is this a sign that the $1 buy to lock in the BTA price is going away?
Funny you mention that, because I just requested a Refund/Order cancel because of it.

Seems to me, they're going to be causing quite a bit more work for their Support Team thanks to this tactic.
wanderer_27: Funny you mention that, because I just requested a Refund/Order cancel because of it....
sorry, but I don't get it. Could you explain to me why you're getting a refund?
The upgrading from a $1 tier to higher tier works perfectly fine. so that can't be it.
So your reason to cancel the order is because you can't buy more than one bundle?
but wouldn't that still be possible with a different email address per purchase, if you really want to?

I kinda feel it's quite reasonable to restrict these bundle purchases to 1 per customer so that reseller sites don't stock up and make a huge profit without having done any work... but that's just an uneducated opinion. don't really know about the works of reseller sites..
wanderer_27: Funny you mention that, because I just requested a Refund/Order cancel because of it....
mchack: sorry, but I don't get it. Could you explain to me why you're getting a refund?
The upgrading from a $1 tier to higher tier works perfectly fine. so that can't be it.
So your reason to cancel the order is because you can't buy more than one bundle?
but wouldn't that still be possible with a different email address per purchase, if you really want to?

I kinda feel it's quite reasonable to restrict these bundle purchases to 1 per customer so that reseller sites don't stock up and make a huge profit without having done any work... but that's just an uneducated opinion. don't really know about the works of reseller sites..
Might work for you, but I'm unable to even upgrade to a higher tier.

PayPal still has the same email address associated with it, so I'm not sure that'll work either.

When you have to jump through Hoops to buy something . . . well, something is inherently wrong with said model \smh
wanderer_27: When you have to jump through Hoops to buy something . . . well, something is inherently wrong with said model \smh
that's true.
But well it worked for me. I only got the $1 tier just like Benkii to lock in the bta price and wait for next week what will be included in bta. But then I saw the real time update of the bta that PincushionMan mentioned and thought the bta will be much higher next week and I wanted mafia 2 and nba2k16 so I got it right then via upgrade.

it's really only clicking on "Like what we're doing? Click here to increase your order amount" and then put in $1 below bta and you get your bta keys. don't know what went wrong in your case...

EDIT: also I'm in a stupid greedy game buying frenzy this month, don't know what's up really. But I know this'll have to stop soon. So don't mind me ;) canceling a purchase as an act of letting a shop know your discontent with their way of doing business, is a very good and worthwhile thing to do anytime.
Post edited July 19, 2016 by mchack
mchack: sorry, but I don't get it. Could you explain to me why you're getting a refund?

A good experiment will be to watch Tremor Games - I assume they won't be having anything from this bundle listed,
As appose to virtually any other Humble Bundle that had its items listed within a week or less.
mchack: But well it worked for me. I only got the $1 tier just like Benkii to lock in the bta price and wait for next week what will be included in bta. But then I saw the real time update of the bta that PincushionMan mentioned and thought the bta will be much higher next week and I wanted mafia 2 and nba2k16 so I got it right then via upgrade.

it's really only clicking on "Like what we're doing? Click here to increase your order amount" and then put in $1 below bta and you get your bta keys. don't know what went wrong in your case...
I'm wondering if almost 7$ is even a worthy price for anything else that may come (unless its Bioshock Quality level),
But before I delve into testing this method, where exactly may I find this "your previous purchases" page?
I never link my purchases to a an account unless I have to, and I always buy as a gift and won't redeem before I go to the BTA (if I wish so) so What do I need to do to get there?
Post edited July 19, 2016 by BlackThorny
BlackThorny: .... What do I need to do to get there?
you need to be on the page where you can claim a purchase (and get your keys) that's where the "...increase amount" link is. And you get there via the link you got via mail.

EDIT: Thank you expopower (below). I did not know that this doesn't work for gift purchases....
Post edited July 20, 2016 by mchack
BlackThorny: .... What do I need to do to get there?
mchack: you need to be on the page where you can claim a purchase (and get your keys) that's where the "...increase amount" link is. And you get there via the link you got via mail.
Well I bought it now and went to the page link I got in the mail, don't see anything there...
Attachments:
mchack: you need to be on the page where you can claim a purchase (and get your keys) that's where the "...increase amount" link is. And you get there via the link you got via mail.
BlackThorny: Well I bought it now and went to the page link I got in the mail, don't see anything there...
Huh? Humble Bundle has never supported increasing the payment tier on gift purchases, at least not since I started buying bundles from them. (See bottom of the relevant help topic.)
BlackThorny: Well I bought it now and went to the page link I got in the mail, don't see anything there...
expopower: Huh? Humble Bundle has never supported increasing the payment tier on gift purchases, at least not since I started buying bundles from them. (See bottom of the relevant help topic.)
"
Adding money to a gift purchase

Unfortunately, the option to increase order amounts is not available for gift keys. This is to respect the purchaser of the gift key who may want to keep the gift amount private.
"
This explains it... Well it's kinda wrong I am forced to choose an amount on a gift at the time of the purchase, when every other bundle purchase amount can be changed up to a week AFTER the sale closes, but I guess it's a feature for OWNED bundles only.

In this case I hope Nothing special (or of interest to me) will come on the next week as I won't see myself handing over 8$ (at the current rate it might even get to over 10$) for 2k games alone (I really hope there won't be more Civ).
If you think about getting Duke Nukem Forever, be reminded it's nothing without the
Dr. who cloned me DLC, since it is completing the story line.
There is also the question how one enjoy's Civ V without the DLCs (at least for Civ IV, I regretted to not have bought the complete collection).
expopower: Huh? Humble Bundle has never supported increasing the payment tier on gift purchases, at least not since I started buying bundles from them. (See bottom of the relevant help topic.)
Actually they used to allow this, I think has really just been within the last few options that this has not been possible.
Mr.Caine: Spec Ops The Line and Darkness II are great games and for that price it's a stellar deal provided you don't own them yet.
Had both on my wishlist for a while now but I own Duke Nukem Forever and it's a pretty good game from my trial run of it a while back. I'm contemplating whether or not I should pick up that bundle or maybe wait until all of the "More games coming soon" show up and potentially get the next tier. There's also a garden hose of Spec Ops and Darkness II hitting Steamgifts at the moment too so it might be worth one's luck to wait until the last day of the bundle and testing luck on steamgifts.

On a side note... does anyone know what became of steamcompanion.com? They seem to have vanished.
skeletonbow: Had both on my wishlist for a while now but I own Duke Nukem Forever and it's a pretty good game from my trial run of it a while back.
DNF is alright at the start, it gets worse. Much worse.
Not the worst game I've played though.

The Darkness II and Spec Ops are great.
Post edited July 20, 2016 by omega64
omega64: DNF is alright at the start, it gets worse. Much worse.
I keep hearing that but haven't gotten that far into it only about 3.5 hours. How far in does it get worse would you say?

omega64: The Darkness II and Spec Ops are great.
Yeah, I think they were in a bundle a long time ago and I was going to get it and missed it due to a checkout screwup or something. Seems to me The Bureau XCOM Classified or whatever it's called was in the bundle too and I missed that one as well. Ended up just tossing them on the Steam wishlist to brew, but it's good to see they're back again now. Hopefully they'll recycle some other games from past bundles that I missed due to snafus or absent mindedness also. I forget to check half the time. :)