It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Whatever your take on GMG is $1 for Strike Suit Zero Director's Cut is definitively the lowest price ever.

and I might add that I never had problems with GMG, I always got my refunds as soon as internationally
(time zones) humanly possible.
Post edited July 19, 2016 by dyscode
ABH20: Did a quick check. Lost Planet 2 from GMG on sale - $6.79 before login, $6.29 after login. Wow, a whole 50 cents, that sure sounds like the lowest price. Except it isn't, because if the 20% voucher was active the lowest price would be $5.43 - and the voucher would be valid for this title because the 'VIP' discount is valid. There's some titles in the sale that don't have the 'VIP' discount, safe to assume those titles would not have been voucher applicable.

In the end as I've said they have their reasons for doing this and the vouchers were their way of staying competitive. My issue is how they're lying about why they've made the change, trying to sound as if this is all for the customer's convenience and that we're still getting the best price.
Another aspect of it is the fact that calling someone a VIP simply because they have an account at your store is disingenuous at best. I've had stores I've never even shopped at mail me marketing materials telling me that I am a VIP and their special offer is only for VIPs. If I've never shopped there and I'm a VIP then everyone who has never shopped there is also not a VIP and they're likely getting the same offer, so essentially it is just a promotion for everyone with the term VIP being thrown around as a sly eye-rolling bullshit marketing hook. The end result might possibly be good for me, but when someone throws out such shovels full of bullshit it gets my attention alright but not in the way they intended. I start to scrutinize what they say and do as being manipulative psychological nonsense rather than genuine and it becomes meaningless drivel to me. It doesn't necessarily make me stop shopping somewhere but it raises an eyebrow and keeps me on guard for future BS. Such companies tend to make changes to terms of service etc. over time by making changes that negatively impact the customer experience or take something away from it and then put marketingese around it to make it sound like it is a good thing for you and that they did it all for your benefit.

This VIP thing at GMG sounds suspiciously like that to me, and I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be just that - a change that gives people less but is marketed as if it is the best thing ever and everyone benefits from it.

ABH20: Did a quick check. Lost Planet 2 from GMG on sale - $6.79 before login, $6.29 after login. Wow, a whole 50 cents, that sure sounds like the lowest price. Except it isn't, because if the 20% voucher was active the lowest price would be $5.43 - and the voucher would be valid for this title because the 'VIP' discount is valid. There's some titles in the sale that don't have the 'VIP' discount, safe to assume those titles would not have been voucher applicable.

In the end as I've said they have their reasons for doing this and the vouchers were their way of staying competitive. My issue is how they're lying about why they've made the change, trying to sound as if this is all for the customer's convenience and that we're still getting the best price.
Heh, your post seems to confirm what I suspected above. Most likely they made this change so that even if they give the majority of the games the same discount the voucher had before - they can now modify the discount more easily on a game by game basis but still give everyone the impression you get the same discount. The vouchers they offered used to be the prime reason I favoured shopping there for a long time.
Post edited July 19, 2016 by skeletonbow
I tried to buy something from GMG a few months back.

I was using PayPay which is all that should be needed and is I've used at many sites, and started asking for a bunch of PI that I just didn't care to give out.

It's bad enough you have to register a username/password/etc. for damn near every site you go to these days (sick of Data Mining) - they're not getting anything more than needed, I'll go elsewhere.

I sent a Ticket to their support and had them delete my account with the reasons why. They did so, but it just kind of felt like a "don't let the door hit in the Keister on the way" type of experience.

Just bounced over to their site again, and in trying to navigate to another site the ole' "Leave Page" pop-up appeared - so they're still doing it.
Humble Weekly Deal:

???

Where's our Weekly Deal prognositicator?

Oh well. I'll jump in there.

It's going to be an Ubisoft uPlay bundle of MMORPGs that are free-to-play, with some pay-to-win objects thrown in.
OR
It could be a bunch of indie games on Steam. I hear Starbound is coming out of Early Access this Friday.

---

Humble Weekly Deal: 2K Bundle.

PWYW (min $1)
Spec Ops: The Line (all OS)
Duke Nukem Forever (2013? - Win/Mac)
The Darkness II (Win/Mac)

BTA ($6.08 as of now)
Civ 5 (all OS, no DLC)
NBA 2K16
Mafia II
Battleborn (skins pack)
???

High Tier ($15)
Battleborn
Battleborn Platinum currency
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (all OS)

All Windows + Steam (unless noted). Some in game items only

Aannd ninja'd anyway. Oh well, I tried.
Post edited July 19, 2016 by PincushionMan
PincushionMan: Humble Weekly Deal:

???

It's going to be an Ubisoft uPlay bundle of MMORPGs that are free-to-play, with some pay-to-win objects thrown in.
OR
It could be a bunch of indie games on Steam. I hear Starbound is coming out of Early Access this Friday.
https://www.humblebundle.com/2k-games-bundle

Pay $1 or more to unlock!
The Darkness II
Spec Ops: The Line
Duke Nukem Forever

Pay more than the average of $6 to also unlock!
Sid Meier's Civilization V
NBA 2K16
Mafia II: Digital Deluxe Edition
Battleborn Summer Skins Pack
More games coming soon!

Pay $15 or more to also unlock!
Battleborn
Battleborn Platinum Currency
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

This bundle also includes the following coupons:
10% off Humble Monthly for New Subscribers

40% off XCOM 2
Post edited July 19, 2016 by Bigs
Spec Ops The Line and Darkness II are great games and for that price it's a stellar deal provided you don't own them yet.
Looks like Battleborn isn't doing as hot as 2K would have wanted to.
Meh, only interested in NBA, pass.
Aw, own all the games I'd want from this bundle already...guess I'll just wait optimistically for next week's bundle. XP
PincushionMan: Humble Weekly Deal:

???

OR
Bigs: https://www.humblebundle.com/2k-games-bundle

Pay $1 or more to unlock!
The Darkness II
Spec Ops: The Line
Duke Nukem Forever

Pay more than the average of $6 to also unlock!
Sid Meier's Civilization V
NBA 2K16
Mafia II: Digital Deluxe Edition
Battleborn Summer Skins Pack
More games coming soon!

Pay $15 or more to also unlock!
Battleborn
Battleborn Platinum Currency
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

This bundle also includes the following coupons:
10% off Humble Monthly for New Subscribers

40% off XCOM 2
Looks like they're limiting the number of bundles you can buy to 1, so if you buy a low tier you're stuck and can't buy a higher tier as well.
too bad borderlands is up there at 15$
are these 1 key per tier or single keys?
manero666: too bad borderlands is up there at 15$
are these 1 key per tier or single keys?
The $1 and the BTA tier have separate keys for each game.
wanderer_27: Looks like they're limiting the number of bundles you can buy to 1, so if you buy a low tier you're stuck and can't buy a higher tier as well.
I suspect they are trying to cut down on those users that key farm for those reseller sites. Also could be used to cut down on refunds and / or chargebacks.

As for buying a low tier and upgrading - you can do that, just go into your previous purchases and look for the "Like what we're doing? Click here to increase your order amount!" link.

Also, I've noticed that the real time widget is in the purchased page, rather than the fixed widget, so you may have to play with it a bit if you don't want to accidentally spend too much. Is this a sign that the $1 buy to lock in the BTA price is going away?
Post edited July 19, 2016 by PincushionMan
Bought the $1 tier from the Humble 2k Bundle just for Duke Nukem Forever. Might consider getting the BTA tier next week depending on what they add to it.
Grargar: Looks like Battleborn isn't doing as hot as 2K would have wanted to.
According to Steam, Battleborn has a "Mixed" reception. SteamDB paints a more bleak picture, with 3k positive recommendations and 1k negative At $15 (assuming you have Borderlands pre-sequel), it's 75% off, or 83% off if you don't have the pre-sequel.

FWIW, the Pre-Sequel quite a bit more recommendations going for it (10k), and only 2k reviews against it.