It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

summitus: Its true you have to browse through tons of crap to find any good stuff you might be interested in, but one of the main reasons is that there is just no incentive to spend my money , GOG had a great get XP and get some really good free games thing going on and steam has nothing but stupid worthless trading cards. My thoughts anyway , I understand that probably a lot of peeps wouldn't agree with me but GOG's sale was superior in every way ! :)
Hmm, hard to argue with that considering I bought about $40 or so worth of games from GOG during the sale via credit card including suffering an anti-fraud purchase block, and I have $72 or so in my Steam wallet and haven't spent a cent there in this sale yet. :) I did grab the trading cards though as you can sell them quick and easy to turn a small bit of cash, but that's more a hassle I suppose than something really free and worthwhile (not to mention the mobile authenticator bullshit).

There are games on Steam I want, but none of them are really at a price that make me want to click the mouse 2-3 times to pick them up. Apparently they haven't caught on to the fact that I only pay $3 or less for AAA games yet. Silly Gabe!
Regarding the steam cards again, If I can't sell them due to limitations and trade them to a friend,
Will he be able to sell them on the market without issues? (Suppose he bought on steam within the time period and has that app and all?)
Will he be able to send me steam funds somehow (not necessarily immediately)?
BlackThorny: Will he be able to sell them on the market without issues? (Suppose he bought on steam within the time period and has that app and all?)
Yes.

BlackThorny: Will he be able to send me steam funds somehow (not necessarily immediately)?
No, but he can buy you some games as a gift.
BlackThorny: Regarding the steam cards again, If I can't sell them due to limitations and trade them to a friend,
Will he be able to sell them on the market without issues? (Suppose he bought on steam within the time period and has that app and all?)
Will he be able to send me steam funds somehow (not necessarily immediately)?
In theory, yes, you give him the cards and he sells them, now let's say that he made 0.80€ with your cards, how will he pass that cash to you (as steam wallet money)?

There's a solution but you need to be aware of 2 things, you can sell him something via Steam market but:

a) You will lose some money in the process since Steam get's a percentage (let's say that you made 0.80€, you will have to sell your item for that price but you will only get .70€, Steam gets .10€);

b) You will have to sell an item from a Valve game (a gun skin from CSGO, weapon from TF2, etc), cards won't work because you can't select the seller.

Or, as Triock said, he can buy you something with the same value...
BlackThorny: Will he be able to sell them on the market without issues? (Suppose he bought on steam within the time period and has that app and all?)
triock: Yes.

BlackThorny: Will he be able to send me steam funds somehow (not necessarily immediately)?
triock: No, but he can buy you some games as a gift.
Can't his friend send a Steam Wallet code?

I think they go in $5 increments, I know I did some trades that way.
wanderer_27: Can't his friend send a Steam Wallet code?

5$ would be quite a handful of cards, I doubt I'll ever assemble that much (or at least until I buy something and the limitations will be over).
Also I assume that if steam takes a cut from item selling, It most definitely cost to buy a 5$ wallet code?
Or do they go on sale and sell for less then 5$? I somehow doubt it as Steam regards adding funds through such a code as a purchase.
wanderer_27: Can't his friend send a Steam Wallet code?

BlackThorny: 5$ would be quite a handful of cards, I doubt I'll ever assemble that much (or at least until I buy something and the limitations will be over).
Also I assume that if steam takes a cut from item selling, It most definitely cost to buy a 5$ wallet code?
Or do they go on sale and sell for less then 5$? I somehow doubt it as Steam regards adding funds through such a code as a purchase.
Wallet funds are just like depositing the funds.

You can't withdraw them, but you can use them on Steam.

I haven't seen any extra charges to use it.
MaxFulvus: Is there a mean to check the Steam Sale by price tag (2 €/$ or less for example), because hundreds of page to check give me headhaches ?
gixgox: Would this be helpful?

Current deals on Steam

You may adjust it to your needs.
Thank you very much! I hope i can be able to buy something i a few days. I found several good games with a 90 % discount.
gixgox: ...
seikus: Thank you very much! I hope i can be able to buy something i a few days. I found several good games with a 90 % discount.
I hope you'll find something. I didn't want to buy anything from Steam, GOG got all my money.
Today I learnt that the upcoming OBDUCTION ® will be too heavy for my PC, and now I'm frustrated, and that means that all good intentions are forgotten. I filled my cart with 8 puzzle games for € 5.93 all together.
Steam is okay for such casual and maybe short games.
Now I hope that I won't find any more.
gixgox: I filled my cart with 8 puzzle games for € 5.93 all together.
Which ones?
gixgox: I filled my cart with 8 puzzle games for € 5.93 all together.
mk47at: Which ones?
A mix of different kinds:
Attachments:
gixgox:
Thanks. I will look them up.
Another of these "buy in a bundle" with steeper discount then single game anomalities:
Out There Somewhere (& Assuming Polarity, BEEP, Camera Obscura each) at 0.49$, buy 4 @1.49$, buy 6 @ 1.18$
Do note that 0.19$ is the price of the earlier highest discount on this title, so might not be too much of a deal after all.
expopower: (Terribly annoyed by this, since I haven't got an Android or iOS device, and won't be getting one just so I can trade on the marketplace. >_>)
mchack: btw, have you tried an android emulator (ie arc welder for chrome) yet? maybe it works... don't know
or something like this Steam Desktop Authenticator
I was thinking of trying an emulator...but it might be a terrible hassle to use it every time I log in to Steam, since it won't be quite as convenient as actually having a phone. Maybe I'll just craft badges and sell the backgrounds/emotes later. =P
Post edited June 25, 2016 by expopower
expopower: I was thinking of trying an emulator...but it might be a terrible hassle to use it every time I log in to Steam, since it won't be quite as convenient as actually having a phone. Maybe I'll just craft badges and sell the backgrounds/emotes later. =P
Better to use something like this https://winauth.com/ than emulator. ;)