It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New deal from IndieGameStand is <span class="bold">The Bridge</span> (DRM-Free/Steam, Windows/Mac/Linux). BTA for the soundtrack (WMA format).
Post edited June 03, 2016 by Grargar
Grargar: After missing in action for nearly a year, Mafia 2 returns to Steam with an 80% discount to the base game, Deluxe Edition and the DLC packs.
I've heard mixed reviews on this game. Can anyone recommend it with a GOG seal of approval?
Post edited June 02, 2016 by dyscode
Leucius: I've heard mixed reviews on this game. Can anyone recommend it with a GOG seal of approval?
Well, it is a mixed bag. ;)
It's definitely better than the first one, I hated that. I don't know about this version but in the old version the 40s/ 50s Radio songs were really perfect for the mood. For 80% off it offers plenty, if you into this kind of games, IMHO. I liked L.A. Noire better though (because I am basically much more into Film Noir than into Scarface).

For the story DLCs, Jimmy's Vendetta and Joe's adventure is a series of timed kill missions.
... nothing essential, though I only played Joe's, which is generally said to be better.
The Cars and costumes, well, if you like the designs, they don't hurt.
YMMV.
Post edited June 02, 2016 by dyscode
Leucius: I've heard mixed reviews on this game. Can anyone recommend it with a GOG seal of approval?
dyscode: Well, it is a mixed bag. ;)
It's definitely better than the first one, I hated that. I don't know about this version but in the old version the 40s/ 50s Radio songs were really perfect for the mood. For 80% off it offers plenty, if you into this kind of games, IMHO. I liked L.A. Noire better though (because I am basically much more into Fim Noire than into Scarface).

For the story DLCs, Jimmy's Vendetta and Joe's adventure is a series of timed kill missions.
... nothing essential, though I only played Joe's, which is generally said to be better.
The Cars and costumes, well, if you like the designs, they don't hurt.
YMMV.
Thanks. I got LA Noire as a gift some time ago and never played through it. I think I'll save my money and just play that one, instead.
Grargar: After missing in action for nearly a year, Mafia 2 returns to Steam with an 80% discount to the base game, Deluxe Edition and the DLC packs.
Well, I have to disagree with dyscode concerning the comparison with the first "Mafia" because that is one of my favourite games ever while "Mafia 2" is "only" good. The main problem is that the story is very linear and although technically it plays in a pretty big open world ... you just can't do anything interesting in it! Granted, that wasn't so much better in "Mafia" but the sequel is even worse in this respect. But on the bright side the story of "Mafia 2" is really good and engaging (if not quite as much as in the first game), the fighting is fun and the missions are pretty varied so it never gets boring. And, as dyscode already pointed out, the radio soundtrack is really great and adds vastly to the atmosphere.
All in all: I bought the game last year (without any DLCs) for 5 euros and didn't regret it - although I definiteley wished the story would have been longer.
Post edited June 02, 2016 by Geddes17
Geddes17: Well, I have to disagree with dyscode concerning the comparison with the first "Mafia" because that is one of my favourite games ever while "Mafia 2" is "only" good. The main problem is that the story is very linear and although technically it plays in a pretty big open world ... you just can't do anything interesting in it! Granted, that wasn't so much better in "Mafia" but the sequel is even worse in this respect. But on the bright side the story of "Mafia 2" is really good and engaging (if not quite as much as in the first game), the fighting is fun and the missions are pretty varied so it never gets boring. And, as dyscode already pointed out, the radio soundtrack is really great and adds vastly to the atmosphere.
All in all: I bought the game last year (without any DLCs) for 5 euros and didn't regret it - although I definiteley wished the story would have been longer.
Thanks, Geddes. I'll consider it. I've still got to play through LA Noire though, first :) I've heard a LOT of good things about it, and it disappeared to my "Hidden" folder for some time before remembering I own it through the Mafia discussion.

Have a great day!
The Humble Store is having a Build Your Own 2K Games Bundle. Select 3 games for an 80% discount, 4 games for an 83% discount, or 5 games for an 85% discount. The games are:

Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands: Game of the Year
Borderlands 2: Game of the Year
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
The Darkness II
Duke Nukem Forever
Mafia II
Sid Meier's Civilization V: The Complete Edition
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
Spec Ops: The Line
The Stronghold Collection
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
XCOM: Enemy Within
Geddes17: Well, I have to disagree with dyscode concerning the comparison with the first "Mafia" because that is one of my favourite games ever while "Mafia 2" is "only" good.
The first "Mafia" was awesome! ;)

Grargar: The Humble Store is having a Build Your Own 2K Games Bundle. Select 3 games for an 80% discount, 4 games for an 83% discount, or 5 games for an 85% discount.
This could have been a good offer if the games weren't that expensive to begin with. Also, if most games are already discounted by 75%, you don't save that much by buying several to get a 80-85% discount. :/

That old Build a Telltale bundle was much more satisfying, when you could actually see the prices drop significantly whenever you added something to the cart.
Post edited June 02, 2016 by Leroux
Geddes17: Well, I have to disagree with dyscode concerning the comparison with the first "Mafia" because that is one of my favourite games ever while "Mafia 2" is "only" good.
Leroux: The first "Mafia" was awesome! ;)

Grargar: The Humble Store is having a Build Your Own 2K Games Bundle. Select 3 games for an 80% discount, 4 games for an 83% discount, or 5 games for an 85% discount.
Leroux: This could have been a good offer if the games weren't that expensive to begin with. Also, if most games are already discounted by 75%, you don't save that much by buying several to get a 80-85% discount. :/

That old Build a Telltale bundle was much more satisfying, when you could actually see the prices drop significantly whenever you added something to the cart.
Yeah I mean Borderlands 2 GOTY looks fun but still not "cheap cheap"
cecil: Yeah I mean Borderlands 2 GOTY looks fun but still not "cheap cheap"
I guess it's worth that price if you don't own it yet. Problem is I already own the main game + one story DLC - no chance to get the other story DLCs cheaply now. I don't feel like shelling out another 10 bucks for that ... :/
Leroux: I guess it's worth that price if you don't own it yet. Problem is I already own the main game + one story DLC - no chance to get the other story DLCs cheaply now. I don't feel like shelling out another 10 bucks for that ... :/
I had the base game on PS3 but never got to play MP so was eyeing it since Steam is vastly more MP focus then PS3 MP was.
Leroux: I guess it's worth that price if you don't own it yet. Problem is I already own the main game + one story DLC - no chance to get the other story DLCs cheaply now. I don't feel like shelling out another 10 bucks for that ... :/
That's the issue I have with Civ5 - the price for the complete bundle is reasonable ($12.49), but the expansions are still holding steady at $7.50 a piece. Too rich for my blood.
bler144: That's the issue I have with Civ5 - the price for the complete bundle is reasonable ($12.49), but the expansions are still holding steady at $7.50 a piece. Too rich for my blood.
The Complete Edition should include both "Gods & Kings" and "Brave New World". If you are missing both of those, the complete edition may be cheaper than buying them separately.
Leroux: The first "Mafia" was awesome! ;)
*lol* Okay, I admit an incautious choice of words ... ;-)