It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

yogsloth: Exuse me, sir?

I'd like to debate the definition of the term "any".
zeogold: Any of 'em except the ones where you can't.
... some ... ;)
Post edited January 08, 2016 by dyscode
zeogold: Any of 'em except the ones where you can't.
dyscode: ... some ... ;)
Any of the some.
dyscode: ... some ... ;)
zeogold: Any of the some.
"some of"
zeogold: Any of the some.
dyscode: "some of"
Any of the some of the collection.
expopower: Huh, it's almost like Ubisoft is using Humble Bundle as a way to drive preorder sales for upcoming releases. This one's almost identical to the original Humble Tom Clancy Bundle, with the notable difference being that it includes the beta and preorder for The Division rather than Rainbow Six: Siege.

(Still not sure I'm buying, though.)
As a PSA, some of uPlay's keys expire, especially related to the betas and newer items so if you do buy into it, redeem those keys quickly.

Along similar lines, the games are available for the Windows version they are released on. In the future, it may be that you have a game that runs on XP, but the uPlay client requires Vista or better.

To be completely fair, all stores and retail boxes have this issue. GoG is the most upfront what plays where, and you can be sure DRM won't keep you from playing your games. Unless it's MotoRacer 3, but I think that got enough attention that either GoG staff reverse engineered it or they some help with the *heh* fix. There used to be a site dedicated to those things - a .com site, just for games copying, somewhere in the world. I wonder if it still exists, I haven't been there since I found this place. It had some good information on how to make perfect backups, p & q sub-channel accuracy for CD burners. Good times.

lialhfour: New to uplay. Why the negativity surrounding uplay?
Other items: some uPlay items have had Server Side DRM, meaning certain game functions won't work once that server goes down. Case in point, Heroes VI, I believe the heroes get nerfed drops or item effects if the server side code is unavailable. Not sure if that's been removed/patched out or not.

Another example of this tactic was EA's SimCity (Origin?) release, which did NOT go well for them. In this case, they claimed that the game logic required a supercomputer to run it in the background. Seems like this was a last minute decision, NOT made by the coders. Unfortunately, if that core logic was unavailable, the game crashed. Often. And you usually had to wait to get in, so insult, meet injury. Eventually hackers were able to grab and reverse engineer this code, and yeah, it was meant as a method of DRM. I don't want to give any great amount dollars to a corp that will tell me that my $50 game is a rental/license.

Here's my formula for game buying:
Retail Game - requires Steam/uPlay or some other kind of always on DRM must be 75% to 90% off, before I'll even consider it. If a major component of the game is online play, and the online (and local LAN) servers check keys, it falls in this category as well. If it additionally uses an activation counter (as in the case of Origin + Burnout: Paradise City), it better be 95% off. Burnout hit its three activations over a two year period (I'm hard on computers), and now refuses to install. Looks really good sitting on the virtual shelf, though.

Retail Game - single use activation code - 50% to 75% off. Closer to 75% if there's online keys involved.

DRM Free and/or activations unrestricted LAN play 1/2 off, sometimes less if it catches my fancy.

Err, anyway, what was the primary topic again?

Back OT
Darksiders II is $8 at the Nintendo eShop (WiiU and New 3DS XL, I'm guessing)

Amazon</span>http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012F20ZY6]Amazon[/u] (physical box) has New Super Mario Bros U (with DLC Super Luigi U DLC code from eShop) for $45.

For the HOG fans (on Steam) Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief is $6. Has cards if that's your thing. Has been $3 at Amazon, but Steam versions are usually the "Collector's Editions" as Big Fish calls them. $14 off the fish's regular collector's edition price, and $4 off their "sale" prices. Reviews are mixed, but if you're a HOG fan, you'll probably be OK. It's an Arifex Mundi game. Who was it that liked those? HeDanny - if you don't have it - here you go!

Let's derail the thread again!
Planetary Annihilation's sequel, Planetary Annhilation: Titans is 70% off ($12). It was cheaper during the Christmas sale by $2. If you have the original version, the upgrade is 30% off, so ($10). Anyone want to comment on the fact that PA is broken (and has been completely removed from the Steam Store) and Uber's looking to sell Total Annhilation again (with new and improved Krogoth robots)?
Post edited January 08, 2016 by PincushionMan
PincushionMan: For the HOG fans (on Steam) Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief is $6. Has cards if that's your thing. Has been $3 at Amazon, but Steam versions are usually the "Collector's Editions" as Big Fish calls them. $14 off the fish's regular collector's edition price, and $4 off their "sale" prices. Reviews are mixed, but if you're a HOG fan, you'll probably be OK. It's an Arifex Mundi game. Who was it that liked those? HeDanny - if you don't have it - here you go!
Watch out though, this appears to be a game merely published by Artifex Mundi and not developed by them, and for some reason those tend to suck. So I'd say wait for some more reviews, the discount probably lasts a few more days.
Indiegala - Entertainment Jam Bundle

$1.0:

- Sparkle 2 Evo
- Frederic: Resurrection of Music
- 16bit Trader

$1.89 (before price increases):

- Millie
- Timberman
- Frederic: Evil Strikes Back
- Teddy Floppy Ear: Mountain Adventure
- Teddy Floppy Ear: Kayaking
- Teddy Floppy Ear: The Race
- Sparkle 3 Genesis
- Merchants of Kaidan
- Violett Remastered
PincushionMan: Other items: some uPlay items have had Server Side DRM, meaning certain game functions won't work once that server goes down. Case in point, Heroes VI, I believe the heroes get nerfed drops or item effects if the server side code is unavailable. Not sure if that's been removed/patched out or not.
I agree, though I've always been on the fence on whether to consider that a "uPlay" problem, or a game problem. I had some issues with the beta of the latest HOMM title, at least a few of which seemed to be server related, but outside of those HOMM games I've never had a problem with other uPlay titles or uPlay purely as a platform.

Origin is the platform I've personally had the most problems with purely as a platform, mostly related to login issues, limited downloads, etc.

But certainly, I'd look at reviews of products that are solely uPlay before buying just to look for those types of bug/design issues, but then I tend to do that regardless of platform.

So some of the complaints about uPlay I do think are earned based on the decisions they've made with some of the games that have gone on it, plus I think some of it is just the general opposition to DRM.
Build a Greenlight Bundle #37 can be reserved now on Groupees

$1.25 for 8 games
PincushionMan: Anyone want to comment on the fact that PA is broken (and has been completely removed from the Steam Store)
I can't comment on whether the game is broken, but I can still see it on the Steam store: http://store.steampowered.com/app/233250/
Just for laughs:

GMG Mystery Bundles

$4.99 for a tantalising 3 game bundle

$6.99 for a fantastic 5 game pack

Do be aware that the 3-game bundle can contain Steam, Origin and/or Uplay keys
Bought my first one of these in a while. The marquee game looks quite good. Reminded me of 7th Guest, and looked quite polished.
yogsloth: Bought my first one of these in a while. The marquee game looks quite good. Reminded me of 7th Guest, and looked quite polished.
What "marquee game" are you talking about? Have Groupees leaked any game titles in the bundle?
yogsloth: Bought my first one of these in a while. The marquee game looks quite good. Reminded me of 7th Guest, and looked quite polished.
It's looks more like a Hidden Object game than an adventure one: Mysteries of the Past: Shadow of the Daemon Collector's Edition

But yeah, it looks nice.
Accatone: What "marquee game" are you talking about? Have Groupees leaked any game titles in the bundle?
Yeah, usually the background image of the bundle will be a big clue towards one of its games. If you watch chat, sometimes Groupees staff will also drop hints on the contents of the bundle. (Kicking off a fervent 24-hour guessing game as people try to figure out if the investment is worth it. =P)