It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Flying Bundle XXIV

$1.99 for 10 Steam games

Airport Madness: Time Machine
Crazy Steam Bros 2
Draw a Stickman: EPIC
Ringies
Riptide GP2
Square Heroes
The Tiny Tale 2
Tuk Ruk
Wild Island Quest
Mystery Game
budejovice: Bought the upper tier on humble. Will likely not purchase from them much in the coming year so it was good to see a bundle that was heavily drm-free.

I shut out the charity on purpose for the first time ever. That one was for you, grandpa! :)

(Red Cross charged him for coffee after he dragged his malarial butt out of the sniper-heavy jungles of Guam one day.)
Yes, nice to see a DRM-Free bundle! I hope this gets lots of sales, but I'm a bit doubtful since the PC gaming world seems to be so Steam-centric these days.

The charity tab can actually be opened and you can choose which charity to put your money into. I'm a big supporter of the EFF, so I put all charity proceeds into their slider. SNK still gets the lion's share of my payment though, because the publishers still make up the bulk of why these bundles are available.
Ok, that NEOGEO Humble bundle looks pretty great. Is there a catch?
Hawk52: Any information on Online Multiplayer on these? I didn't see anything scrolling through the descriptions. That'd be the only reason I'd pick this up myself if I could play with friends.
I'm kind of out of the loop these days on social dynamics in the States (I've been out of the country too long), but is it weird to have friends physically come over to play games together these days? I think these would be awesome to hook up a couple arcade sticks with and go at it in person.

Barring that, there is some speculation that these come with full ROM sets that can be dropped into other emulators like MAME or other frontends. I haven't been up on what the arcade emulation scene is up to these days, but I wonder if there is an emulator that has online multiplayer?
Gonchi: Ok, that NEOGEO Humble bundle looks pretty great. Is there a catch?
It depends on what you consider a catch. Some comments in http://www.gog.com/forum/general/humble_neogeo_25th_anniversary_bundle/ indicate poor emulation; and there's https://twitter.com/Foxhack/status/674371627103096832
the.kuribo: Barring that, there is some speculation that these come with full ROM sets that can be dropped into other emulators like MAME or other frontends. I haven't been up on what the arcade emulation scene is up to these days, but I wonder if there is an emulator that has online multiplayer?
I don't know if any emu's have the multiplayer, but the linux builds at least do come with the full roms that are pretty easy to access.
SQEEX has their annual X-mas Holiday Suprise Box up. 5 games worth €70 for €6.49

But since they did not release so much new games recently, I think I skip this since I essentially have everything from them I want -> lots of repeats, this year I guess and I doubt it will have Just Cause 3 but surely Temple of Osiris in it.

But I found it to be worthwhile when you don't have the games, already
Post edited December 09, 2015 by dyscode
high rated
The Venetica bug I warned of a few days ago has been eliminated.
(FireFlower acquired an updated version of the game.)

So if you're looking for a DRM-free copy of Venetica:
http://fireflowergames.com/shop/venetica-gold-edition/

At present, it is 50% off, so €4.99 including VAT. When I buy from here in the U.S., VAT is removed and the price is €3.99.

A few days ago, the discount was greater. It seems that some of FireFlower's BiDaily deals repeat, so it may be that Venetica will drop in price again over the next few days. In any case, I'm enjoying the game.
Gonchi: Ok, that NEOGEO Humble bundle looks pretty great. Is there a catch?
VanishedOne: It depends on what you consider a catch. Some comments in http://www.gog.com/forum/general/humble_neogeo_25th_anniversary_bundle/ indicate poor emulation; and there's https://twitter.com/Foxhack/status/674371627103096832
With regards to your second point, it should be noted that DotEmu did issue an official response to it, indicating that they purchased the rights to incorporate the Nebula emulator into their own.

(It's mentioned later in the thread you link to, but just adding this note here so other users will have all the information available to them when considering the bundle.)
grimwerk: The Venetica bug I warned of a few days ago has been eliminated.
(FireFlower acquired an updated version of the game.)

So if you're looking for a DRM-free copy of Venetica:
http://fireflowergames.com/shop/venetica-gold-edition/

At present, it is 50% off, so €4.99 including VAT. When I buy from here in the U.S., VAT is removed and the price is €3.99.

A few days ago, the discount was greater. It seems that some of FireFlower's BiDaily deals repeat, so it may be that Venetica will drop in price again over the next few days. In any case, I'm enjoying the game.
good to hear that! :)
grimwerk: In any case, I'm enjoying the game.
I suppose you haven't had a boss fight yet? ;)
Yet another Retroism Steam bundle on IndieGala

Central Command Bundle
grimwerk: In any case, I'm enjoying the game.
Leroux: I suppose you haven't had a boss fight yet? ;)
I fought the first boss in the bugged version, without having trained or distributed any stat points. It was pretty clear what to do at first, but then I wound up running in circles for a long time, trying to figure out how to hurt it. By the time I figured it out, I'd eaten everything in my inventory. Second attempt crashed. Third attempt was pretty smooth.

The game has its peculiarities, sure, but the boss battle didn't bother me. Some of the clunky dialog gets to me, though.

Don't go in there, you'll be killed for sure! And while you're in there, get my necklace for me!
grimwerk: Don't go in there, you'll be killed for sure! And while you're in there, get my necklace for me!
That's just your average NPC trying to seize the opportunity without having to feel bad about it, because, well, you can't say he didn't warn you! ;)

For me the boss battles were the worst part of the game, they were tedious, unintuitive and glitchy, and the challenge of them was more in being patient with the game, not in the required player skills. You can feel that Deck13 is coming from the point-and-click genre and has little experience with action games. Anyway, if you get along with those boss battles, all the better. Most of the rest was quite enjoyable to me, too.
Getcomposted: Nope, I've been burnt before on these Surprise boxes. Nothing new, no Final Fantasy. Not getting it this year.

But the Killer Bundle 6 - oh yes. Me like. :)
I took the plunge, SE Surprise box is mine.
Post edited December 10, 2015 by Leucius