It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Several interesting looking options in the Humble sale... Mini Metro seems to be Early Access. Can anyone recommend (or not) Steam Marines or Breach & Clear?

Unity of Command looks tempting too, if it is indeed DRM-free.
amrit9037: In current Humble Bundle Sale
Is Unity of Command: Stalingrad Campaign worth buying?
Because it's showing Steam Only however it's DLC are available DRM-Free.

Edit: Why a steam only game is on DRM-Free sale? (O_o)
Cyraxpt: What i can say is that sometimes they make mistakes or forget to update the game's page, a while back i had to contact them via twitter about Risk of Rain, in the bundle there was a mac version but in their store it was windows only, they apologized and fixed the problem.
The real question is there a "risk" of it going on sale during DRM free week? I hope so it still looks fun :) Also I predict that tomorrows humble bundle will be Steam only so as not to compete with DRM free sale
cecil: Also I predict that tomorrows humble bundle will be Steam only so as not to compete with DRM free sale
Hey now, trying to take my job?
cecil: Also I predict that tomorrows humble bundle will be Steam only so as not to compete with DRM free sale
Cyraxpt: Hey now, trying to take my job?
I didn't mean to overstep my bounds... It just seemed so tempting I had to make a guess... I know you are the head oracle Cyraxpt ;)
Post edited July 07, 2015 by cecil
JaqFrost: Several interesting looking options in the Humble sale... Mini Metro seems to be Early Access. Can anyone recommend (or not) Steam Marines or Breach & Clear?

From recent Steam reviews of Breach & Clear it seems game is incomplete and it's been abandoned by it's developer.
Some of them even suggested to Buy DoorKickers instead (Which is I personally find very engaging. An if it appears on this DRM-Free Sale it will be $4.99.)
Just finished Mars: War Logs - wrote a review on steam and found out its dirt cheap on Nuuvem right now (about $2.50 I believe - but dont have the link), so if any of you have been glancing at it, heres my (short) review:

"[i]Worthwhile for any fan of Mars based sci fi. Many nods (mostly subtle) to other things and some great visual designs, but ultimately the game is flawed and evidently missing a bunch of content.
Feels like they wanted to make a Witcher style open world game, but were somehow constrained or forced out of that path.
All things considered, its a good enough game to while away a weekend with if yer in the right mood and you get it at the right price.
Controller recommended as the combat can be a pain on kb+m.[/i]"

Figured some of you are suckrs for Mars sci fi as well, so there ya go!
JaqFrost: Several interesting looking options in the Humble sale... Mini Metro seems to be Early Access. Can anyone recommend (or not) Steam Marines or Breach & Clear?

I got Breach and Clear from one of Humble's PC and Android bundles, and have played it for awhile. It's a turn-based strategy, that could be compared to the recent iteration of the XCOM series. You have a squad of 4 that you can customize (I think, haven't played this for awhile) and outfit them with an assortment of weapons and attachments. If you like customization (esp. with weapons), this game has a lot of that. You can choose from different grips, silencers, scopes, etc. I wasn't really into that, and what little I did didn't seem to make much of an impact.

When in the actual game, you can control their movement and where they're looking. If they see an enemy, they will open fire. There's not as much fine grained control over what the squadmates do, as compared to something like Frozen Synapse. It's primarily move and shoot.

On the whole, it's a decent game. I wasn't a huge fan of it, mainly because it didn't offer many options for deeper strategy. There's some elements of tactical positioning, but that's about it. It does contain a fair bit of content (a couple of game modes). For $3.74, I'd say that it's a good deal for what the game has.
JaqFrost:
amrit9037: Buy DoorKickers instead (Which is I personally find very engaging. An if it appears on this DRM-Free Sale it will be $4.99.)
How do you know what the price will be?
Sachys: Just finished Mars: War Logs - wrote a review on steam and found out its dirt cheap on Nuuvem right now (about $2.50 I believe - but dont have the link), so if any of you have been glancing at it, heres my (short) review:

"[i]Worthwhile for any fan of Mars based sci fi. Many nods (mostly subtle) to other things and some great visual designs, but ultimately the game is flawed and evidently missing a bunch of content.
Feels like they wanted to make a Witcher style open world game, but were somehow constrained or forced out of that path.
All things considered, its a good enough game to while away a weekend with if yer in the right mood and you get it at the right price.
Controller recommended as the combat can be a pain on kb+m.[/i]"

Figured some of you are suckrs for Mars sci fi as well, so there ya go!
I watched a few trailers of it and it caught my attention, specially with its sci-fi theme, but I´m currently sucked into "The Witcher: Enhanced Edition".
LoboBlanco: I watched a few trailers of it and it caught my attention, specially with its sci-fi theme, but I´m currently sucked into "The Witcher: Enhanced Edition".
it is (in some ways) a bit like a sci fi witcher - or, at least, thats really where they wanted to go with it I think. finished product is rather distant from that, but you can see it in there.
dutchexcalibur: I wasn't a huge fan of it, mainly because it didn't offer many options for deeper strategy. There's some elements of tactical positioning, but that's about it.
Thanks for the detailed advice! I think I'm going to pass on it, at least for now, because of the lack of strategic options you mentioned.
amrit9037: Buy DoorKickers instead (Which is I personally find very engaging. An if it appears on this DRM-Free Sale it will be $4.99.)
cecil: How do you know what the price will be?
On steam summer sale it was 75% off and was priced $4.99
On GOG summer sale it was 75% off and was priced $4.99
And very recently (5-10 days ago) on Humble store it was 75% off and was priced $4.99
So, Chances are it will be priced $4.99 (or below may be).
cecil: How do you know what the price will be?
amrit9037: On steam summer sale it was 75% off and was priced $4.99
On GOG summer sale it was 75% off and was priced $4.99
And very recently (5-10 days ago) on Humble store it was 75% off and was priced $4.99
So, Chances are it will be priced $4.99 (or below may be).
Or since it was on Humble Sale not to long ago it might only be 50% off due to proximity of last sale. Overall I like your well thought out logic.
Sachys: Just finished Mars: War Logs
I Picked this up a few years ago on XBOX360. Despite some pretty broken mechanics (not broken as in unbalanced, broken as in completely non-functional) I enjoyed this trip to mars quite a bit. Played the second half of the game (the point where the story splits) several times.

Having basically shifted from Console to PC this generation, I have been re-purchasing a lot of the games i previously played on console so I can now have the option of re-playing them on PC. This was one of the first games I picked up, as it was dirt cheap at the time. I think it was from Nuuvem as well.

Be aware that it is part of the Spider RPG pack, which quite often goes up for cheap. So if you have any interest in those other games I recommend waiting for that instead. Bloody wish I waited. I want all those games. :(

edit: added URL; spelling etc
Post edited July 07, 2015 by HeDanny
high rated
Humble sale turned over. Nothing for me today, though I definitely enjoyed Game Dev Tycoon. my brief not-really-a-review