It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

evilnancyreagan: sonuvabitch!

Distant Worlds: Universe -%50 on Steam for the next 44 hours or so

I don't even like RTSs all that much and I never spend more than twenty bucks on a game but, I still dropped 60 (SIXTY!) bones on this jobber.

It almost never goes on sale and a discount this deep is unfathomable. I am almost irate.

You like building space empires? Just buy this and then intentionally slam you hand in a car door for not already owning it and getting such a great deal for it D:<
Same here, games been on my list for a while but I just don't have the spare money to be putting those amounts on a game sadly. That's why i normally wait for sales. Sadly in this case that still results in a price I'm not willing to spend :(
Degica Games Steam Midweek Madness is coming to a close in 17 hours.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/degica/

Most of these games have been bundled before, but these two haven't and look really good to me:

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds ($2.99 - 75% off)
This one is a classic sidescrolling co-op brawler (like TMNT Arcade) that features chibi-style anime girls firmly entrenched in a very modern day Japanese setting. Reviews say the controls and combo gameplay is done very well, and it also has a leveling system where your characters add skills and progress as you play.

Last Word ($4.99 - 50% off)
Just recently officially released earlier this month, this looks like an interesting take a hybrid JRPG-Adventure game that has strong character work and unique branching gameplay elements that are not often seen in JRPGs.

I'm a bit on the fence whether or not to jump on these two at this time. I have a very strong feeling they will show up in bundles and possibly with confirmed DRM-free versions to boot in the coming months, given that I think every single one of the other titles in the Degica Games sale has been bundled before.
Post edited May 29, 2015 by the.kuribo
MadalinStroe: For a while I was excited about the Humble weekly bundle, but I then realized that the Warhammer 40k Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition does NOT include the three expansions.
Yet the video they have for the game lists them. A bit misleading if you ask me.
budejovice: Totally. I liked the looks of the chopper game, but I should have known that it would be steam...

This taste of bile pretty much guarantees that my next ignoring of groupees for a few months comes right after the VN bundle, about 40 minutes from now. Last night I spent time with real games, Saints Row 2 and LEGO Harry Potter, and groupees is still serving up the same jokes, week after week.
yogsloth: My swear jar be like, "Yo, dude, what up? Enjoy the jam, asshole."
so your swear jar actually swears AT you? That's kind of cool!
triock: Groupees Doujin VN bundle

https://groupees.com/vn1

For a minimum of $1 you get

Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ - Steam
Nicole (Otome) - Steam

For a minimum of $4 you also get

Aselia the Eternal - Jast
Deus Machina Demonbane (Adult Content) - Jast

The key provided for this product, needs to be registered via http://www.jastusa.com/ Simply use the key in the Game Code section to unlock the game

[...]
Kinda miffed that I owned everything in the first tier, but I guess that was to be expected...anyone know if JAST USA distributes DRM-free builds? Not too interested in the price point and content of the highest tier.
expopower: Kinda miffed that I owned everything in the first tier, but I guess that was to be expected...anyone know if JAST USA distributes DRM-free builds? Not too interested in the price point and content of the highest tier.
The details on the Groupees game pages says the two middle tier games from JAST USA are DRM-free downloads after key redemption. Word around the web is that the high tier game that uses DRM deploys a pretty horrible rootkit on users machine, so anyone considering top tier be forewarned.
expopower: Kinda miffed that I owned everything in the first tier, but I guess that was to be expected...anyone know if JAST USA distributes DRM-free builds? Not too interested in the price point and content of the highest tier.
the.kuribo: The details on the Groupees game pages says the two middle tier games from JAST USA are DRM-free downloads after key redemption. Word around the web is that the high tier game that uses DRM deploys a pretty horrible rootkit on users machine, so anyone considering top tier be forewarned.
Oh! Thanks, completely failed to notice "Game download is DRM-Free" in the description, haha.
Post edited May 29, 2015 by expopower
Psyringe: For Fallout 3, GamersGate sells the same type of keys to all customers. There is no specific German version in the store.
Really? So if I buy Fallout 3 GOTY there, I'll get a ROW version that is uncut and playable in English? It won't turn into a German only version if the key is activated in Steam? Did you buy it yourself and try it? The Steam page says "Cut version - only available in German", but if it's safe to buy on GG without getting screwed like that as a German customer, that would be awesome.
Post edited May 29, 2015 by Leroux
MadalinStroe: For a while I was excited about the Humble weekly bundle, but I then realized that the Warhammer 40k Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition does NOT include the three expansions.
Sachys: Also doesnt have widescreen support anymore (some patch a while back - unless its been patched in again).
So they removed widescreen support with a patch...why?
Leroux: Really? So if I buy Fallout 3 GOTY there, I'll get a ROW version that is uncut and playbale in English? It won't turn into a German only version if the key is activated in Steam?
It's hard to tell what happens after activating, because maybe steam will only let you download the censored versions... Maybe someone should look into those stupid censorship laws...
blotunga: It's hard to tell what happens after activating, because maybe steam will only let you download the censored versions... Maybe someone should look into those stupid censorship laws...
Yeah, right, "someone" ...

So far I haven't had any issues activating ROW keys though. Saints Row, Half-Life and Bioshock are uncut in my Steam account. But apparantly GamersGate glitched again, since yesterday Fallout 3 GOTY 66% off was 3 EUR something, today it's 7 EUR. :/

(Damn, GOG is glitchy atm, too. Took me several tries to edit the post.)
Leroux: And apparantly GamersGate glitched again, since yesterday Fallout 3 GOTY 66% off was 3 EUR something, today it's 7 EUR. :/
I think they actually fixed the price to the right one. GamersGate was the only place that was selling Fallout 3 GOTY with a base price of €9.99, instead of €19.99 that is sold on Steam and other places.
Leroux: And apparantly GamersGate glitched again, since yesterday Fallout 3 GOTY 66% off was 3 EUR something, today it's 7 EUR. :/
Grargar: I think they actually fixed the price to the right one. GamersGate was the only place that was selling Fallout 3 GOTY with a base price of €9.99, instead of €19.99 that is sold on Steam and other places.
I see. I always wondered why Fallout 3 and Fallout 3 GOTY had the same price. But did have to fix it today of all days? :D
(Not that 7 EUR isn't a good price, too, but it makes me more cautious what with Win 7/8 incompatibilities.)
Leroux: But they have to fix it today of all days? :D
You should have taken that gamble. :P
Leroux: But they have to fix it today of all days? :D
Grargar: You should have taken that gamble. :P
Yeah, I guess so. But supposed it would have added the German only version to my Steam account, I might have been stuck with it. Not sure how it works, but it would have sucked not to be able to activate the English version anymore.