It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dyscode: I am totally with you! And the saying totally applies with these sites: if it's too good to be true, it most probably is.
All I need to think about to avoid even considering buying from the shady sites is just how pissed off I'd be to buy a game and have it invalidated later and have to buy it again if I want to play it. It'd be 10 times more of a piss off if I already was playing the game and into it when it gets forcibly removed from my account. That's not an experience I want to risk going through to save a few bucks.

What's interesting to note about this too though is that a large portion of people who buy from the shady sites that end up having their games invalidated end up pissed off at Valve or EA or whoever invalidates their codes instead of being pissed off with the scam artist that sold the game to them or being pissed off at themselves who are ultimately to blame for buying from a shady site either knowing full well it could be invalidated or being naive about it. :) Misdirected anger when it happens IMHO. If that happened to me ever I'd be pissed at myself, not Valve/EA because that's much more self-empowering to learn from. :)

But some people like to roll the dice knowingly or unknowingly and there's nothing really wrong with that either I suppose. I sort of do that a little bit myself buying games from amazon.com (instead of amazon.ca) sometimes using a fake US address. Never had a problem yet, although some people have reported that they are cracking down on that so I'd probably do my research before each purchase from here on out to be safe. :)
Azrael360: Dark Angels: Masquerade Of Shadows free only for today in Game Giveaway Of The Day:

http://game.giveawayoftheday.com
How does Game Giveaway of the Day work? Legit? DRM-Free?
Azrael360: Dark Angels: Masquerade Of Shadows free only for today in Game Giveaway Of The Day:

HeDanny: How does Game Giveaway of the Day work? Legit? DRM-Free?
I am not sure the games they offer are even worth checking out. I followed for a while and the games looks like they are some kind of Android/iOS ports. You know... Find the items on the screen stuff? Yea like that.
I like Hidden Object games. My Steam and Big Fish Accounts are all full of them. The quality of the games was not my issue, but rather the site itself. All the disclaimers all over it, yet not a single piece of information about exactly how the Free Games function. I'm assuming they are not DRM Free, as there is that "We will tell you how to activate only AFTER you agree to download it".

To be honest, looks shady as hell.

Anyone actually use them, and can speak for their legitimacy?

HeDanny: How does Game Giveaway of the Day work? Legit? DRM-Free?
There is a thread already for games that are given for free (but you have a limited time frame to get them) http://www.gog.com/forum/general/free_temporary_keys_giveaway_central_topic

http://game.giveawayoftheday.com is a trustworthy site and the download procedure is not at all complex. Download -> unzip -> run installer -> installer checks online if you're installing on the correct day -> installer installs game -> Finish.
The game is yours to keep for ever.

(You can't install the game any other day, just the day it is given for free. But if you keep the installed folder, you can run it in any computer, or even after a format)

And most of the games are actually very good. Usually in the Hidden-Object or Arcade-Shooter genre. So if you like this genre, you should check game.giveawayoftheday.com every weekend
IndieGala Every Monday Bundle

$1.89

- Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse
- Pre-Civilization Marble Age
- Robin's Quest
- Empress Of The Deep 2: Song Of The Blue Whale
- Agent Awesome
- Paper Dungeons
- Jones On Fire
Post edited May 25, 2015 by siulebuo
dyscode: I am totally with you! And the saying totally applies with these sites: if it's too good to be true, it most probably is.
skeletonbow: All I need to think about to avoid even considering buying from the shady sites is just how pissed off I'd be to buy a game and have it invalidated later and have to buy it again if I want to play it. It'd be 10 times more of a piss off if I already was playing the game and into it when it gets forcibly removed from my account. That's not an experience I want to risk going through to save a few bucks.

What's interesting to note about this too though is that a large portion of people who buy from the shady sites that end up having their games invalidated end up pissed off at Valve or EA or whoever invalidates their codes instead of being pissed off with the scam artist that sold the game to them or being pissed off at themselves who are ultimately to blame for buying from a shady site either knowing full well it could be invalidated or being naive about it. :) Misdirected anger when it happens IMHO. If that happened to me ever I'd be pissed at myself, not Valve/EA because that's much more self-empowering to learn from. :)

But some people like to roll the dice knowingly or unknowingly and there's nothing really wrong with that either I suppose. I sort of do that a little bit myself buying games from amazon.com (instead of amazon.ca) sometimes using a fake US address. Never had a problem yet, although some people have reported that they are cracking down on that so I'd probably do my research before each purchase from here on out to be safe. :)
on spot, precision targetting! :)
Any last minute suggestions before Humble's sale ends?
HeDanny: I like Hidden Object games. My Steam and Big Fish Accounts are all full of them. The quality of the games was not my issue, but rather the site itself. All the disclaimers all over it, yet not a single piece of information about exactly how the Free Games function. I'm assuming they are not DRM Free, as there is that "We will tell you how to activate only AFTER you agree to download it".

To be honest, looks shady as hell.

Anyone actually use them, and can speak for their legitimacy?
I understand. Sorry for assuming... Kinda gave you a useless info there xD
Instead of adding new games in the second week, Humble Artifex Mundi Bundle has instead added Steam keys for all games, except for Deadly Puzzles.
Grargar: Instead of adding new games in the second week, Humble Artifex Mundi Bundle has instead added Steam keys for all games, except for Deadly Puzzles.
Isn't that turning the bundle into an unofficial PC & Android?
Grargar: Instead of adding new games in the second week, Humble Artifex Mundi Bundle has instead added Steam keys for all games, except for Deadly Puzzles.
BlackThorny: Isn't that turning the bundle into an unofficial PC & Android?
Yeah.
Shame they do not include drmfree versions on PC as well.

Damn solid bundle if you like hidden object games though.
Darn! If only I had an Android phone and had jumped on that earlier, could've saved a few dimes...
Still tempted to BTA though, would really help round out my Artifex Mundi collection...
<span class="bold">Standpoint</span> is the new deal on IndieGameStand

Steam Only / Win, Mac, Linux

BTA for Spirit of War (Steam Only / Win, Mac)
madth3: <span class="bold">Standpoint</span> is the new deal on IndieGameStand

Steam Only / Win, Mac, Linux

BTA for Spirit of War (Steam Only / Win, Mac)
:( well hopefully in another 4 days... Thank you for reading my mind and answering the question Madth3 :)