It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pataphysician: Girls Girls Girls! Reserve from Groupees
There was a mystery game in this bundle that happened to be TesserAct (Steam / Win) which looks not ugly but has mixed reviews.
Also, all the bonus got unlocked.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

DIG has another reBundle with 8 rebundled recrappy games and the rebundled and given away for free Avencast as deal.

Incidentally, the latter one has sold 42 copies and I sudder to think that the question might be related to this.
Post edited March 28, 2015 by madth3
cecil: It's for Mac and DRM free so tempted but can't figure out what the hell the "game book" is. any advice on if the buck is worth it?
What are gamebook adventures?

It's basically a choose-your-own-adventure book with rules and dice. It's also a heck of a lot of fun, as long as you don't mind reading. :)
penumbren: It's basically a choose-your-own-adventure book with rules and dice. It's also a heck of a lot of fun, as long as you don't mind reading. :)
Uff. If I liked reading I'd be checking the forums instead of playing.

Wait...
triock: Yes, as Sachys already said, it was Groupees bundle - https://groupees.com/tuesday2
Cheers; from the link, it looks like there was no DRM-free download for it.
cecil: It's for Mac and DRM free so tempted but can't figure out what the hell the "game book" is. any advice on if the buck is worth it?
penumbren: What are gamebook adventures?

It's basically a choose-your-own-adventure book with rules and dice. It's also a heck of a lot of fun, as long as you don't mind reading. :)
choose your own adventure books have rules and dice. "fighting fantasy" being the standard.
Sachys: choose your own adventure books have rules and dice. "fighting fantasy" being the standard.
I vaguely remember some simpler adventure books without character sheets nor dice (but that was long ago).
When I was growing up "Choose Your Own Adventure" was a specific brand name of books. There were no dice or character sheets.

Those books did exist, but it was a separate concept.

I'm still jazzed to try this one though - hope it's good!

Sachys: choose your own adventure books have rules and dice. "fighting fantasy" being the standard.
The actual "Choose Your Own Adventure" books did not have either. They were simply "choose A or B, then turn to page X or Y" type things. There were hundreds of them, and I remember seeing them from early elementary school up; I didn't encounter game books (via Grail Quest) until about high school.

ETA: CYOA link. I have very fond memories of these things. They were probably some of the most-read books in our school libraries.
Post edited March 28, 2015 by penumbren

sounds cool but it is a horror themed one? trailer seemed slightly vague. I loved choose your own adventure books as a kid (the book only kind)
Ha. Forest of Doom.

I owned that book 20 years ago. A man could have sixteen thumbs and still not find his way through it.

The Jackson & Livingstone books were usually nicely illustrated, though.
cecil: sounds cool but it is a horror themed one?
Forest of Doom (the book) is not horror-themed. It was one of the first books (of this sort) that they wrote, and so it's pretty standard D&D fantasy subject matter.
Post edited March 28, 2015 by grimwerk
grimwerk: Ha. Forest of Doom.

I owned that book 20 years ago. A man could have sixteen thumbs and still not find his way through it.

The Jackson & Livingstone books were usually nicely illustrated, though.
cecil: sounds cool but it is a horror themed one?
grimwerk: Forest of Doom (the book) is not horror-themed. It was one of the first books (of this sort) that they wrote, and so it's pretty standard D&D fantasy subject matter.
I was trying to figure out about Nicolas Eymerich The Inquisitor Book II : The Village not Forest of Doom sorry about that is that a game book also? not worth anything above the $1 tier for me since Forest of Doom would be the only $4 game I could use since I don't use steam.
madth3: I vaguely remember some simpler adventure books without character sheets nor dice (but that was long ago).
You buy games made by Revolution, dont you!? ;P
penumbren: ETA: CYOA link. I have very fond memories of these things. They were probably some of the most-read books in our school libraries.
no info on when they came out on the link though bud - my point being more a case of the Fighting Fantasy books are a genuine standard - and one that set the stage of course for the development of GW.

not too bothered either way - got a bargain, need a break from the forum evidently, lets leave it there. :)

Edit: also late here, long day, could just be me not with it, Dunno. Inabit! :)
Post edited March 28, 2015 by Sachys
madth3: I vaguely remember some simpler adventure books without character sheets nor dice (but that was long ago).
Sachys: You buy games made by Revolution, dont you!? ;P
penumbren: ETA: CYOA link. I have very fond memories of these things. They were probably some of the most-read books in our school libraries.
Sachys: no info on when they came out on the link though bud - my point being more a case of the Fighting Fantasy books are a genuine standard - and one that set the stage of course for the development of GW.

not too bothered either way - got a bargain, need a break from the forum evidently, lets leave it there. :)
If they ever have a Humble "choose your own adventures" book bundle I'm in. Is revolution the people behind the Broken Sword Games?
Sachys: You buy games made by Revolution, dont you!? ;P
This Revolution?

Well, I got the two Broken Swords that were in the lower tier of a recent bundle and I have In Cold Blood and the frebies here but I have not played any of them yet so I did not get the joke, sorry. :-P
Sachys: no info on when they came out on the link though bud - my point being more a case of the Fighting Fantasy books are a genuine standard - and one that set the stage of course for the development of GW.

Edit: also late here, long day, could just be me not with it, Dunno. Inabit! :)
Never thought about publishing dates, actually. I just remembered seeing the CYOA books from about age 7 up. You made me curious: Turns out that Fighting Fantasy was first published in 1982, and CYOA started (under a slightly different name) in 1976. (Jeez, they're as old as me.) So, close together but different takes. I suspect I saw CYOA first because the U.S. tends to look at anything gaming-related as more of a niche thing. *shrug*

So, yay for learning more info to add to that pile of useless trivia in my head. *g*

cecil: If they ever have a Humble "choose your own adventures" book bundle I'm in.
Oh heck yeah! In the small town I grew up in, there were three school libraries (elementary, middle, and high school) and a town library, and at one point, I'd read every CYOA book at least twice.
Post edited March 28, 2015 by penumbren