It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tallima: It's a very niche game, but if it's your niche, you'll have a lot of fun.
Sachys: dunno, ive a few friends who arent at all into that niche, but after ten minutes watching me play, they wanted a go. after an hour of having a go they got evil when I tried to take it away from them. O______o
That's the beauty of free weekend! Everyone can give X a try. I'd recommend just starting with X3 and playing around with it.

I must say, though. X: BTF had the best beginning.
Sachys: dunno, ive a few friends who arent at all into that niche, but after ten minutes watching me play, they wanted a go. after an hour of having a go they got evil when I tried to take it away from them. O______o
Tallima: That's the beauty of free weekend! Everyone can give X a try. I'd recommend just starting with X3 and playing around with it.

I must say, though. X: BTF had the best beginning.
I think thats the only one (aside from rebirth) I havent played at all yet.
though out of the ones I have, I think x3: reunion is maybe the best one to start with for a newcomer
Tallima: Word of warning: Don't print the manual. I hit "print" and then $100 of toner later, I had 1/2 of a manual.

Most expensive game ever. :)

I had a box copy of X: BTF and it had a great manual. I bought the X collection (X1-3+) at Best Buy, no manual! And then I bought it again for Humble Bundle. So far, I'm maybe $175 into X. Regrets? Yes. Don't print the manual. :)

It's a very niche game, but if it's your niche, you'll have a lot of fun.
Print? LOL

One could buy a $100 tablet (or even less) and store hundreds/thousands of manuals on it without that sort of extreme hassles, and I don't even like tablets. :)
Tallima: Word of warning: Don't print the manual. I hit "print" and then $100 of toner later, I had 1/2 of a manual.

Most expensive game ever. :)

I had a box copy of X: BTF and it had a great manual. I bought the X collection (X1-3+) at Best Buy, no manual! And then I bought it again for Humble Bundle. So far, I'm maybe $175 into X. Regrets? Yes. Don't print the manual. :)

It's a very niche game, but if it's your niche, you'll have a lot of fun.
skeletonbow: Print? LOL

One could buy a $100 tablet (or even less) and store hundreds/thousands of manuals on it without that sort of extreme hassles, and I don't even like tablets. :)
Well I know that now! :) It didn't occur to me that it would print the black background and white text. I figured it would print smarter than that.

All I really wanted was the quick-reference anyway. So after buying new toner, I printed the quick-reference card and then played.
Friday Special on IndieGala

All Steam

$1 for

- Streets of Chaos
- Orc Attack: Flatulent Rebellion

$2.99 (first 24 hours) for

- Leona's Tricky Adventures
- Phoenix Force
- HyperRogue
- Shelter
- Snowcat Simulator
- samurai_jazz
- Majestic Nights
- Proxy Blade Zero
- Ski-World Simulator
- Pushcat
Rayman Legends is very tempting at that price (€4.99), but I hate Uplay. Two years ago I bought Rayman Origins on Steam because it wasn't here, and then some months later it was here (and I bought it again).

Uplay games have almost zero chances of coming here, but I don't want to make the same mistake again :(.
masterotaku: Uplay games have almost zero chances of coming here, but I don't want to make the same mistake again :(.
I agree for the most part. It would dilute the reasons why people have any reason to go to their own store, and they're a small fry compared to Steam so they're unlikely to really want to have less people in their own store. Even Valve doesn't sell their own products in other people's stores, just re-sellers that end up being a front end to Steam. There might be the odd title that makes it to another place most likely at the decision of the developer studio, but I doubt to see any say... Ubi designed/developed games show up here or on Steam that are on Uplay ATM without Uplay remaining a requirement. Any exceptions will be in the minority I bet.
I don't like Uplay either, but some games are just too good that it overrides the negative of Uplay (Far Cry 4 for example).
synfresh: I don't like Uplay either, but some games are just too good that it overrides the negative of Uplay (Far Cry 4 for example).
I have Uplay also and am not opposed to actually using it per se, I just wont spend any money there on principle. Same with Origin as well. I'd love to play Far Cry 3 and 4 some day, but will hold out until they're a free promo or a contest or something, or I buy a new video card and they're included, which is how I got Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon for example. Any other games I own on those services were free promos or giveaways or gifts over time. I'm just a little selective where I'm willing to spend my money for things though. :)
Quick question: Has GOG ever done a sale-time Zork bundle?
budejovice: Quick question: Has GOG ever done a sale-time Zork bundle?
Zork Anthology was 75% in the 2014 Spring Insomnia:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/spring_insomnia_promo_tracker/page1

Some Zork games were 50% off during the 2014 Fall sale:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VYsd4JtteQNH-SgfX6f7E9vEckTHAJdoeF0eHvjIVE0/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Unfortunately I don't have any other previous sales bookmarked where I can see them. Another option is to look up historical pricing here: http://isthereanydeal.com/
Post edited March 13, 2015 by IanM
IanM: Another option is to look up historical pricing here: http://isthereanydeal.com/
Or MaGOG: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/magog_a_search_engine_for_gog_games/post1

[url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=422&scp=gr&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbaxyzXhDFG01234&ord=&flt=ple~01032014~&opt=&myf=FriMar132054572015_empty_xLH1RA9dV8Nwj]Example Search[/url]
Leroux: Any thoughts on the Assassin's Creed games?

I've never played any of them and I only own the first one, but I couldn't really get into it yet (admittedly I didn't try very hard). I often hear that II and IV are the best or most popular, but their prices are still too high for taking a risk atm. So I thought about getting Freedom Cry, which is cheaper and also has the advantage of being smaller and shorter - would it serve as a good introduction or demo, an appetizer, so to speak? (I also got hooked on Far Cry 3 only by playing the cheaper and shorter Blood Dragon first.)

Or should I just give my copy of AC1 another try and forget about the series if it turns out I don't like it?

EDIT: Oh, and another question: I'm a bit worried because Freedom Cry has a German title in the Uplay shop and there is no information on available languages. Does anyone know if buying the game there will allow me to play the original Englisch language version, too?
I'm the first to admit the gameplay of AC will get repetitive, but what keeps sucking me in is the thrill of the parkour-style action, the jumps and pursuits, and the beautiful graphics. I've only played 1 and 2 so far, but the depictions of the Middle East and medieval Italy are gorgeous and very atmospheric.
I say give AC1 another try, you'll find good deals on the others sooner or later, don't rush it.
For our non-Steam fellows: the Desura Bundle 3 is up on DIG

$0.99 for

- DarkBase 01
- Led It Rain
- Pester
- Atonement: Scourge of Time
- Zilm: A Game Of Reflex
- It's Time To Get Out From The Solar System

BTA for two keys for each game

* It's Time To Get Out From The Solar System is for Windows and Mac. The rest are Windows only
* With the exception of Led It Rain, the games are on Greenlight too.
Post edited March 14, 2015 by madth3
magix74: I'm the first to admit the gameplay of AC will get repetitive, but what keeps sucking me in is the thrill of the parkour-style action, the jumps and pursuits, and the beautiful graphics. I've only played 1 and 2 so far, but the depictions of the Middle East and medieval Italy are gorgeous and very atmospheric.
I say give AC1 another try, you'll find good deals on the others sooner or later, don't rush it.
Too late, I found out that AC2 is currently only 2,50 EUR in the Humble Store, so I got that and Freedom Cry. :D Now I really hope that I will like them as much as you do. :) Maybe I'll give AC1 another try regardless though, as I've read it's hard coming back to it once you've played any of the others. In any case, thanks for the encouragement!