It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

the.kuribo: Green Man Gaming has an interesting offer running (not available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Russia, and any other country where the games are regionally locked -- make sure to check before purchase!)
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get Green Man Gaming to load. Unless I use a VPN, I get a 403 Forbidden notice. It used to load just fine, but in the last six months... pfft. =/ One would think if it's accessible behind the Great Firewall of China, the rest of us in SE Asia should be getting there too.
Leroux: Any thoughts on the Assassin's Creed games?
Mr.Caine: Depends on what you're looking for.
Dunno, I guess I just want to find out what it is that makes them so popular. I hear pretty different things about them; some say they are fun to play and have good stories and interesting historical settings, others say they are boring and repetitive with not much story to speak of and offer only very superficial views on history. So I thought buying and playing a cheap, short and rather recent game in the series could help me form a first opinion, before I decide to spend more money or skip the series entirely. Not sure whether Freedom Cry would be a good and representative entry point to the series though (but a short game like this might appear a little less repetitive?).
Post edited March 13, 2015 by Leroux
Mr.Caine: Depends on what you're looking for.
Leroux: Dunno, I guess I just want to find out what it is that makes them so popular. I hear pretty different things about them; some say they are fun to play and have good stories and interesting historical settings, others say they are boring and repetitive with not much story to speak of and offer only very superficial views on history. So I thought buying and playing a cheap, short and rather recent game in the series could help me form a first opinion, before I decide to spend more money or skip the series entirely. Not sure whether Freedom Cry would be a good and representative entry point to the series though (but a short game like this might appear a little less repetitive?).
Freedom Cry looks like a glorified DLC to ACIV.Maybe you could get ACIV cheaply instead from some trader(it was being sold for 0,90$ on steam yesterday thanks to a price glich).
Post edited March 13, 2015 by Mr.Caine
the.kuribo: Green Man Gaming has an interesting offer running (not available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Russia, and any other country where the games are regionally locked -- make sure to check before purchase!)
JaqFrost: I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get Green Man Gaming to load. Unless I use a VPN, I get a 403 Forbidden notice. It used to load just fine, but in the last six months... pfft. =/ One would think if it's accessible behind the Great Firewall of China, the rest of us in SE Asia should be getting there too.
Yeah, I think Green Man Gaming has been particularly strict about its IP region restrictions. I often encounter issues with them since many games are regionally locked in Japan, and it wouldn't surprise me if they just completely block access to some areas.
IanM: Steam have some Ubisoft discounts

66% off South Park: The Stick of Truth

Not sure if this needs uplay but it seems like a good price, a few pennies better than the previous best?
Any game that cam after AC2 (AC2 included, Call of Juarez Gunslinger as an exception) needs bot UPlay and Steam (if you buy your Ubi game from Steam).

If you want some Assassin's Creed games at a good discount, today is the last day of Assassin's Creed brand on Humble store. You can grab Deluxe/Gold Editions at some great prices.
Leroux: Dunno, I guess I just want to find out what it is that makes them so popular. I hear pretty different things about them; some say they are fun to play and have good stories and interesting historical settings, others say they are boring and repetitive with not much story to speak of and offer only very superficial views on history. So I thought buying and playing a cheap, short and rather recent game in the series could help me form a first opinion, before I decide to spend more money or skip the series entirely. Not sure whether Freedom Cry would be a good and representative entry point to the series though (but a short game like this might appear a little less repetitive?).
Mr.Caine: Freedom Cry looks like a glorified DLC to ACIV.Maybe you could get ACIV cheaply instead from some trader(it was being sold for 0,90$ on steam yesterday thanks to a price glich).
It was $3.99 for the standard edition and $5.99 for gold here. Glitch only lasted about 6 minutes though, so finding anyone willing to trade it for that price is unlikely.
Today's daily deals on GamersGate:

Sword of the Stars Collection (Other DRM) -80%.

Sword of the Stars Complete Collection -75%. Sword of the Stars Collection has Other DRM (no idea of its exact nature), while Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition requires a Steam account.

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes (Steam) -75%.

Alien Isolation (Steam) -66%.

Not sure if this needs uplay but it seems like a good price, a few pennies better than the previous best?
I have Enhanced Steam, and it doesn't say it needs anything but Steam.
Child of Light looks good, but I won't be getting it unless it comes to GOG, because of uPlay. Nope, Nein, Non, No. No more clients - I have room for one more and it's Galaxy. All others - see above. No to DRM! :P

South Park just requires agreeing to a 3rd party EULA. I have it installed via a friend's Family Sharing and it does not require a 3rd party account or service like Uplay etc.
The X series is on sale this weekend on Steam.

Anyone have X: Rebirth? Have they finally patched that to the point where is playable and good? Launch reviews are pretty horrid.
synfresh: The X series is on sale this weekend on Steam.

Anyone have X: Rebirth? Have they finally patched that to the point where is playable and good? Launch reviews are pretty horrid.
Still awful. Stick with X3 games. No amount of patches can undo what was done to Rebirth.
synfresh: The X series is on sale this weekend on Steam.

wolfsrain: Still awful. Stick with X3 games. No amount of patches can undo what was done to Rebirth.
Good to know. I did wind up picking up Gunslinger/Blood Diamond from the Ubi sale.
Word of warning: Don't print the manual. I hit "print" and then $100 of toner later, I had 1/2 of a manual.

Most expensive game ever. :)

I had a box copy of X: BTF and it had a great manual. I bought the X collection (X1-3+) at Best Buy, no manual! And then I bought it again for Humble Bundle. So far, I'm maybe $175 into X. Regrets? Yes. Don't print the manual. :)

It's a very niche game, but if it's your niche, you'll have a lot of fun.
Definitely my niche, just i won't touch X: Rebirth unless they are giving it for free or they pay me:)
Tallima: It's a very niche game, but if it's your niche, you'll have a lot of fun.
dunno, ive a few friends who arent at all into that niche, but after ten minutes watching me play, they wanted a go. after an hour of having a go they got evil when I tried to take it away from them. O______o