It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

skeletonbow: Any idea what the benefits are of preordering them? Do they give you 10 extra games or something like that? Just curious as I almost never understand pre-orders except perhaps to support a developer ahead of time. The bonus goodies (if any) that come with pre-ordered games are usually pretty meaningless to me compared to the potential risk of a game being terrible (think Godus) or cancelled or something. I've never seen the concept done with bundles before so wondered what incentive one has to consider preordering them. Seems like a roulette wheel to not even know what it is first.
Just a lower price as far i know .and ninja'ed by the kitty ;)
Post edited March 11, 2015 by DyNaer
Free Titanfall Season Pass on Origin HERE... and you don't have to own the base game to get it ^__^
skeletonbow: snip
Grargar: Preordering in Groupees allows you to get the games cheaper. In that case you could get the whole bundle for $2, instead of $5, which is what the highest tier is now asking.
So, in this case at least you could have gotten a bundle of games worth $0.10 for $2 instead of paying $5 basically. Gotcha! :oP
PaterAlf: Groupees Kiss 5 bundle is live.
Did anyone noticed how many bundles had been sold around the time it started?

I'm curious to see if the number of people falling for the preorder goes down.
madth3: Did anyone noticed how many bundles had been sold around the time it started?

I don't have the exact number, but it was something around 2300.
PaterAlf: Groupees Kiss 5 bundle is live.
madth3: Did anyone noticed how many bundles had been sold around the time it started?

Well this was a bad call by many people (since KISS bundles tend to be worse on average), but for greenlight bundles and BeMines, there shouldn't be a difference (but perhaps for every other bundle)
genkicolleen: Free Titanfall Season Pass on Origin HERE... and you don't have to own the base game to get it ^__^
Also free expansions on the Xbox 360 and One. Might be today only, one year anniversary of the game's release if I remember correctly.
PaterAlf: I don't have the exact number, but it was something around 2300.
Thanks. Not much difference with what I remember from other reserves, so far.
About the Assassin's Creed Sale on Humble..

According to a reddit thread for the sale, AC1, AC2, AC-B, AC-R, AC3, are all at or near all time low, and are good pick-ups. Liberation has been cheaper, but this is still considered a pretty good price if you want to play it right now. If not then it should go cheaper again. AC IV Black Flag has been much cheaper ($15 vs 30) and so could probably wait for a better price there.

As for DLC, all games accept Revelations have a "suffix" (complete) version included in the sale, and these versions include the various DLC which are available. This is the easiest (in some cases may be the only) way to get all the content for the games.

Revelations does have DLC, but it has no complete version, and I can't find any info on if they are included in the vanilla version as default now or not. I would expect No, considering all the other games have two versions (one vanilla, one complete), but looks like I can't know for sure unless I purchase, or someone else does so and can report back.

The above DLC info does not include Unity or Rogue. These are the two most recent titles, and it seems both still have content coming in the future.

skeletonbow: Depending on the individual game...
Grargar: ...like the Assassin's Creed don't carry extra DRM.
I appreciate the help guys.

Been looking all over about this since I asked. Long story short, internet seems to agree that there are no additional nasties or issues with the Assassin's Creed games. The current version of uPlay seems to work without much issue. That said, if you are considering getting the games, I agree you really should do a bit of reading about uPlay first. While it might be ok now it seems to be universally hated for some solid reasons. Best to know what you might be in for.

One last thing. Remember that the original game is available right here on GOG! :)

Hope someone finds this information helpful.
HeDanny: One last thing. Remember that the original game is available right here on GOG! :)
Indeed, I wishlisted Assassin's Creed when I started using GOG I think and waited for it to go on sale but it's never dipped below $4.99 I don't think so I've held off waiting for it to hit the sweet spot. Being one of their flagship game series I have a feeling it's unlikely to ever drop lower now though, they'd probably rather take it off the market than sell it for less it seems. :) With ample backlog though I can wait a very long time if necessary hehe. ;)

letsmaybeLP92: Well this was a bad call by many people (since KISS bundles tend to be worse on average), but for greenlight bundles and BeMines, there shouldn't be a difference (but perhaps for every other bundle)
Groupees + Kiss = Unholy combination
The Indie Gala Dragon Rock bundle was extended for 6 days more. Originally it was going to expire today.
letsmaybeLP92: Well this was a bad call by many people (since KISS bundles tend to be worse on average), but for greenlight bundles and BeMines, there shouldn't be a difference (but perhaps for every other bundle)
I was happy with my pre-order for this bundle as I got three games I did want out of it.

On the whole, I believe it's not so much that the bundles are decreasing in quality, but that the games remain static from one bundle to another. The pool of games to draw from is increasing, albeit very slowly, and those of us who do buy quite a few bundles have now got the majority of the games leading us to go "Meh, not buying."

I can remember being new to bundles having only previously bought from Humble. Other bundle sites like BundleStars, Groupees, IndieGala fired up my enthusiasm as I didn't have the games. I trawled throgh their history of bundles, thinking, "Oh, I wish I had known about this site sooner - I could have gotten that game - and that game - and that one!"

I looked at all the people on the Trading with their humungous lists and though "Wow! They must buy multiple copies for trading and gifting!" I traded happily with these people to get those games. Little did I know that I would become one of those people because the games I traded for would come up again and again in new bundles. ;)

So, while I wish that more developers would bundle their games, I'm okay with the way things stand because newbies can still get some quality games at bargain prices.
As long as the developers also get what they want out of the process - increased recognition, increased sales with a lower profit margin? - then I believe more developers will continue to be able to make a living out of this practice. And yes, there are definitely incessantly bundled games that should be consigned to the incineration heap of time, but it's only a few bad apples...?
Gamersgate has Valkyria Chronicles @ $6.12 (69% off)

* expires in 24 hours
* redeems on Steam
FireFlower games have got 'Heroine's Quest' for free. Well worth getting if you haven't already got it :)

http://fireflowergames.com/shop/heroines-quest/

Meant to add it's DRM free too.
Post edited March 12, 2015 by Pajama