It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cecil: Groupees is a dangerous bet for a Mac user but if nothing else it could give me something worth trading or gifting. I didn't get to burned in the end with the BIAB 3... how much will it be if you don't pre order anyone know?
yogsloth: Usually double. I'd guess it will be $1 bottom tier, $3 top tier.
I might just wait if for no other reason then Retro can sometimes be dicey... besides even at 3 it's still not a bad price unlike humble where it can be 6-10 for the top tier BTA depending. Thank You to the forum for all the help for the groupees noob ;)
Post edited February 11, 2015 by cecil
Sachys: Aside from the interplay game mentioned earlier - if anyone wants to have a guess at games on Retro 4, heres the background image:
http://groupees.com/uploads/bundles/430/landing_background/Retro4bkgrnd3.png

Edit: OH NO! I think I see the "K" of KISS. O________o

IT IS A BAD OMEN!
IT IS A BAD OMEN!
Hmm, that quote. That font is so familiar...

Classic, Pixels and 8 Bit Goodness
Oooh, this is killing me. I used to stare at that font for hours back in the day. I'm thinking role playing and copy protection with a code wheel... Aligning runes to come up with a letter.... Looking up stuff in a journal...

I've got it! SSI's Gold Box Games! Here's some that used it:

AD&D 2e / Forgotten Realms
Pool of Radience
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Secret of the Silver Blades
Pools of Darkness
FRUA (Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures - basically, their Dev Tools)

AD&D 2e / Dragonlance
Dark Queen of Krynn
Death Knights of Krynn
Champions of Krynn

AD&D 2e / Savage Frontier
Gateway to the Savage Frontier
Treasures of the Savage Frontier
Neverwinter Nights (not the 2004 version, the AOL MMORPG in 1991 - yes MMORPGs predate Eternal September)

Misc Gold Box Engine Games:
Buck Rogers
Spelljammer

My 14" Color VGA monitor got some serious burn in from those thick gray-white frames in those games.
edit: Gold Box Info
Post edited February 11, 2015 by PincushionMan
PincushionMan: Buck Rogers
I would laugh like hell and also be cheesily pleased if this was in the bundle - now I have to track down some Buck Rogers (hell - lets call it the Erin Grey was fit in the late 1970s show) on youtube!
Sachys: I would laugh like hell and also be cheesily pleased if this was in the bundle - now I have to track down some Buck Rogers (hell - lets call it the Erin Grey was fit in the late 1970s show) on youtube!
Oh ya! Erin Grey! Do you remember the one where the little gnome things were undressing her with their minds? I still remember that 30+ years later! I'm lucky my parents were Buck Rogers fans. We started watching it from the pilot.

Battlestar Galatcia, too, those Cylons were kick butt. Toys were awesome hard plastic, too. Too bad little kids were choking on those missiles those ships fired. They recalled them all and destroyed them.

Back OT (sorta)
I was thinking that number 4 was significant, but I cannot place it. Not Intellivision. Not Atari. Not MSX. I'm stumped.
Here's the font for that 4, named 'Edit Undo line Brk' or some such. Hopefully it will help someone. How about that, it's free for commercial use! (c:
Post edited February 11, 2015 by PincushionMan
Sachys: I would laugh like hell and also be cheesily pleased if this was in the bundle - now I have to track down some Buck Rogers (hell - lets call it the Erin Grey was fit in the late 1970s show) on youtube!
Space chicks are hot
PincushionMan: Oh ya! Erin Grey! Do you remember the one where the little gnome things were undressing her with their minds? I still remember that 30+ years later! I'm lucky my parents were Buck Rogers fans. We started watching it from the pilot.
*runs away from weirdo O______o7
PincushionMan: Oh ya! Erin Grey! Do you remember the one where the little gnome things were undressing her with their minds?
For Science!: The Offing
Sachys: Just tell her you either buy bundles or start seeing hookers? O_____o?
I bet she'll go for the bundles!
yogsloth: I can see you've never been to my house.
Hehe my wife is exactly the same! So I feel your pain bro :)
She even complained about having too many desktop icons of games on my laptop.
But it's good to have someone around who questions one's values.
PincushionMan: Hmm, that quote. That font is so familiar... Oooh, this is killing me. I used to stare at that font for hours back in the day. I'm thinking role playing and copy protection with a code wheel... Aligning runes to come up with a letter.... Looking up stuff in a journal...

<snip>

My 14" Color VGA monitor got some serious burn in from those thick gray-white frames in those games.
On the strength of this, I'm going to get my hopes up! :)
I usually get the Pre-Orders anyway, so if it isn't SSI Gold Box, I won't be blaming anyone, but I'm still crossing my fingers. :P

[Edit: Groupees chat are talking about Interplay, though and one of the games will be GOG.]
Post edited February 11, 2015 by Getcomposted
PincushionMan: Hmm, that quote. That font is so familiar... Oooh, this is killing me. I used to stare at that font for hours back in the day. I'm thinking role playing and copy protection with a code wheel... Aligning runes to come up with a letter.... Looking up stuff in a journal...

<snip>

Getcomposted: On the strength of this, I'm going to get my hopes up! :)
I usually get the Pre-Orders anyway, so if it isn't SSI Gold Box, I won't be blaming anyone, but I'm still crossing my fingers. :P

[Edit: Groupees chat are talking about Interplay, though and one of the games will be GOG.]
Do you think it could be Planescape, BG, IWD or maybe even Fallout?
cecil: Do you think it could be Planescape, BG, IWD or maybe even Fallout?
None of them. The D&D games aren't published by Interplay here (Hasbro is doing it), while Interplay is no longer in control of the Fallout IP (hence the games' removal back in December 2013).

cecil: Do you think it could be Planescape, BG, IWD or maybe even Fallout?
If the gog-key belongs to the interplay title, it will be a game from the following list:
http://www.gog.com/games##sort=bestselling&amp;devpub=interplay&amp;page=1

My guess would be Stonekeep, maybe also an Earthworm Jim game. Something that fits to the vibe of many indie retro-remakes today.

I also don't believe to see any Goldbox game in that bundle, as these games are not available anywhere. If someone really wants to re-release them it makes no sense to start with a groupees bundle to get attention.
Post edited February 11, 2015 by DukeNukemForever
Interplay + GOG: maybe Battle Chess?
New 48-hour deals on GamersGate, as part of their 10th Anniversary:

Lost Planet 3 (Steam) -80%
South Park: The Stick of Truth (Steam) -50% and it DLCs up to -80%.
Witcher Duology (DRM-Free) -75% (The games should also come with a serial, that lets you activate them on GOG too)
Sniper Elite 3 (Steam) -50%
Remember Me (Steam) -75%.

In addition, there is a weekly Codemasters deal with the whole catalog discounted by 50%.

As previously, you can use the code 10AN-SALE-FEB2015 at checkout to get an extra 10% discount (thought I'm not sure if you can do so more than once per account).
Post edited February 11, 2015 by Grargar

<snip>

You had me at GOG!