It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

madth3: For the sake of completion: The Abstract Bundle
[snip]
- Knights of Pen and Paper + 1 Edition
[/snip]
PincushionMan: Is the Knights of Pen and Paper +1 still the microtransaction game based on the Android/iPhone game? The one that attempts to extract real money from people for coins, tamagotchi-like you must log in every day (for coins or something), etc.... I uninstalled it right after I installed it, I was so disappointed.

However, I've been known to be wrong, so if anyone would like to correct me, have at it!
I agree with what Getcomposted and siulebuo posted above.

In the Mac/PC version, all microtransactions have been completely removed (http://steamcommunity.com/games/231740/announcements/detail/1856910514673676617). When I played it, I found that I only did a little bit of grinding (and what I did was actually enjoyable). There is no need to login every day or wait real-time days for things to regenerate.

Overall an unexpectedly great game, very very fun!!
Post edited January 06, 2015 by 01kipper
Midweek deals on Steam:

-66% on the <span class="bold">Van Helsing</span> franchise
-40% on <span class="bold">Depth</span>
pablodusk: Groupees Remute 4 bundle is up. $1 for:

3030 Deathwar (DRM-free/Desura)
4PM (DRM-free/Steam)
Amygdala (DRM-free/Desura)
Biblioteca (DRM-free/Desura)
Biglands (DRM-free/Desura/Steam)
GunWorld (DRM-free/Desura)
Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb (Steam)
The Maker's Eden (DRM-free/Steam)
plus 3 music albums

All have DRM-free downloads except Inherit the Earth is Steam only... ?
I was actually looking at The Maker's Eden for some time now, still not sure If I want to spend a buck on it, is it any good?
BlackThorny: I was actually looking at The Maker's Eden for some time now, still not sure If I want to spend a buck on it, is it any good?
Give me a couple of days, and I'll check it out and let you know.
yogsloth: As usual, I spent my buck. 4PM looks pretty neat. Bummed about Inherit the Earth, however, as I wanted to play that and have no use for Steam keys. Biglands also looks cute.

Another bundle that I think will be very hard to go wrong for a single dollar.
4pm caught my eye as well, perhaps an interesting experiment in melding interactive game elements with cinematic atmosphere/pacing. I'm not expecting much out of the story or the actual gameplay/graphics/polish, but more about how they are approaching a 1-2 hour "interactive cinema" as a first stab.

I wish more games were shorter in length with quicker narrative pacing. I really don't understand these days when people say games are "too short"... and then go on to complain that they have a massive "backlog" that they will never get around to completing. Meanwhile, they complain they didn't get their money's worth when they get the game for pennies or for free. That "too short" quip is something I wish would just die already in gaming mentality, as it no longer applies when talking about <$10 games with strong focus on narrative... and when people are sitting on hundreds of games they have never even installed.
Post edited January 07, 2015 by the.kuribo
Two of the Remute bundle are overlapping with the current LazyGuys bundle - GunWorld and Biglands. I also have Inherit the Earth here and already had The Maker's Eden on desura via some recent bundle or another.

All that aside, for a buck I bought.
Outlast is $4.00 at GamersGate - 80% off, rather than the usual 75% discount, for another 10 hours. The DLC is $4.50. Just thought I'd say!

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-OUT/outlast
LinustheBold: Outlast is $4.00 at GamersGate - 80% off
£3 in the UK - actually a decent price
BenKii: Inferno 2 ( Android) is free on the Amazon App Store. This doesn't appear to be part of their Free App of the Day program and could be a price mistake since the Google Play version is still $3.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RS6SQMS/ref=mas_ty

Also posted in Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic.
The price has been fixed, it's now listed at $2.99 in the US app store.
BlackThorny: I was actually looking at The Maker's Eden for some time now, still not sure If I want to spend a buck on it, is it any good?
OK, so I just spent about 45 minutes with it - not too much time, but I'm really enjoying it so far. It's stylized as an interactive comic-book noire story (juuuuuust a little inspired by Blade Runner) and not so much a full-blown adventure game. There are some (easy) puzzles and some choices to make. I've found at least a couple of examples of selecting one option in a dialog tree that closed another, so perhaps there are some differences to be had, but I suspect it's pretty linear.

The graphics are nicely done, the animation is simple but good (the whole thing is done in Unity) the sound is good, the music is tasteful. I'm almost done with Act One (of three), so I'd guess no more than three hours to get through the whole thing.

Absolutely, positively, completely worth the 12½ cents I paid for it. I will definitely come back to it and finish it up when I have more time.
Grargar: New deal from IndieGameStand is <span class="bold">Retrobooster</span>. BTA for the soundtrack (comes in FLAC, MP3 and OGG formats). Comes with a DRM-Free download and a Desura key.
Calling attention to this because I've bought it and I'm quite enjoying it.

There are some nice graphics touches, like the swirling smoke when you apply thrust near an exploded enemy. Also, I've scorched and squashed a few refugees by landing near them incautiously. Apply too much thrust when one is downwind of your rocket, and they catch fire and race about. (You can still pick them up before they expire-- if you're quick.) The music is industrial and catchy, and suits the game well. Aiming while maneuvering takes some skill, as the game controls are a bit like Asteroids with gravity. Plus, the physics are subtle enough that even firing your weapon accelerates your ship backwards a bit.

Demo here:
http://www.reallyslick.com/retrobooster/downloads.html
PincushionMan: Is the Knights of Pen and Paper +1 still the microtransaction game based on the Android/iPhone game? The one that attempts to extract real money from people for coins, tamagotchi-like you must log in every day (for coins or something), etc.... I uninstalled it right after I installed it, I was so disappointed.

However, I've been known to be wrong, so if anyone would like to correct me, have at it!
01kipper: I agree with what Getcomposted and siulebuo posted above.

In the Mac/PC version, all microtransactions have been completely removed (http://steamcommunity.com/games/231740/announcements/detail/1856910514673676617). When I played it, I found that I only did a little bit of grinding (and what I did was actually enjoyable). There is no need to login every day or wait real-time days for things to regenerate.

Overall an unexpectedly great game, very very fun!!
Thanks for the update! Another 'urban legend' going down. It's good to actually verify things you know from time to time. :)
yogsloth: OK, so I just spent about 45 minutes with it - not too much time, but I'm really enjoying it so far. It's stylized as an interactive comic-book noire story (juuuuuust a little inspired by Blade Runner) and not so much a full-blown adventure game. There are some (easy) puzzles and some choices to make. I've found at least a couple of examples of selecting one option in a dialog tree that closed another, so perhaps there are some differences to be had, but I suspect it's pretty linear.

The graphics are nicely done, the animation is simple but good (the whole thing is done in Unity) the sound is good, the music is tasteful. I'm almost done with Act One (of three), so I'd guess no more than three hours to get through the whole thing.

Absolutely, positively, completely worth the 12½ cents I paid for it. I will definitely come back to it and finish it up when I have more time.
Thanks for letting us know, seems cool :)
Now I'll see If there are some more games I'm interested in - one more will make it 0.5$ so it's probably worth it, 2 will make 0.33$ which will be the cut off point for me, 3 will make it a sure thing ;) So I'm waiting for more info from the rest of you folks in order to decide
Saints Row daily deal on GamersGate. The following are all Steam-only and discounted by 75%:

Saints Row 2
Saints Row: The Third Full Package
Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition
Saints Row Franchise Pack

In addition, Kalypso has a 48 hours deal with many of their games discounted up to 85%. The games are either DRM-Free, Steam-only or use the Kalypso Launcher (games that have "Other DRM").
Post edited January 07, 2015 by Grargar
"Avadon 2: The Corruption" was the mystery game in Groupees' "Bundle in a Box 2" bundle