It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sachys: any idea why? - aside from it being another crappy licenced game?

(yes, I have it and its poo)
Spinorial: No clue. Given the date, might be some licence expiry issue. Also, I was under the impression that 2010 wasn't all bad, but I'll defer to knowledgeable opinion.

Oh yeah, Happy New Year X)
it was just another case of "lets make it a really fast, arcade experience" like the prior two - whoch is fine if you want an arcade game where youre circle-strafing all the time... I'd rather it followed the lore a bit more.

mind you, it was two quid from GMG (cheaper actually due to a voucher and some spare credit).

Edit: and crappy poo-ear
*flings poo!
Post edited January 02, 2015 by Sachys
Sachys: it was just another case of "lets make it a really fast, arcade experience" like the prior two - whoch is fine if you want an arcade game where youre circle-strafing all the time... I'd rather it followed the lore a bit more.
That sounds... just perfect, actually! I like my aliens scary fast.
LinustheBold: Quoted on Reddit, when a user asked Steam Customer Support what would happen if Steam went out of business. The response:

http://i.imgur.com/4sa1Ln6.jpg
I doubt that the customer service rep answering that actually has any idea if that would be even feasible or not. Still, you can't blame them because they need to provide an acceptable, uncontroversial answer somehow.

There really is no telling what would happen if Valve were to monumentally collapse. If they disappeared in meteoric fashion, it's possible that negotiating rights with publishers/developers would not be feasible and thus many games would not be legally licensed to the people that paid for them anymore. To think that Valve has the legal ability to simply flip a switch and make your entire library basically DRM-Free without upsetting a great number of publishers and breaking distribution contracts is very naive.

Many people like to argue that Valve is too huge to fail. I'll bet a lot of people said the same thing about Enron, Arthur Anderson, AOL, Compaq, Lehman Brothers, Pacific Gas & Electric, Pan Am, Washington Mutual, Standard Oil, Full Tilt Poker, Montgomery Ward, Woolworth's, Bernie Madoff, Freddie Mac & Fannie Mae, and countless other large companies/governments/organizations around the world. The point is, no company is ever too large to be immune to a catastrophic collapse, and often times the bigger they are the harder they fall.
Post edited January 02, 2015 by the.kuribo
Well I guess I'll pull my advert from the paper - the one advertising a crack squad of military commandos who were wrongly incarcerated for crimes they did not commit and who now wage war on wrongdoing under the name the Chimp Team.

Fuck - we even have a white, middle class racist who wont board a boat and who only drinks yaks piss! (yeah, we're SO 2015 already!).

...and we have a mad bastard who happens to be the only sane and worthwhile member of the team. I mean - I set this whole fucking thing up so that when Valve finally collapses and the whole world goes fuckaboink in frustration, at least there would be one, single DX11 godbeam of light in the dark willing to take on the big fatty!

Well poo to you!
Post edited January 02, 2015 by Sachys
the.kuribo: There really is no telling what would happen if Valve were to monumentally collapse. If they disappeared in meteoric fashion, it's possible that negotiating rights with publishers/developers would not be feasible and thus many games would not be legally licensed to the people that paid for them anymore. To think that Valve has the legal ability to simply flip a switch and make your entire library basically DRM-Free without upsetting a great number of publishers and breaking distribution contracts is very naive.
Thats the thing. Id be curious whether Valve actually has a clause in any agreement with any publisher that states in case Valve goes belly up (or whatever), if devs/publishers are obliged to patch games etc to allow the renters...er Steam customers to keep their games in a usable state? - bet they dont.
New deal from IndieGameStand is <span class="bold">Castle</span>. BTA for 2 wallpapers and the Cloud Soldier game.
Sachys: Well I guess I'll pull my advert from the paper - the one advertising a crack squad of military commandos who were wrongly incarcerated for crimes they did not commit and who now wage war on wrongdoing under the name the Chimp Team.

Fuck - we even have a white, middle class racist who wont board a boat and who only drinks yaks piss! (yeah, we're SO 2015 already!).

...and we have a mad bastard who happens to be the only sane and worthwhile member of the team. I mean - I set this whole fucking thing up so that when Valve finally collapses and the whole world goes fuckaboink in frustration, at least there would be one, single DX11 godbeam of light in the dark willing to take on the big fatty!

Well poo to you!
I love you, chunky monkey. <3
Xcom: Enemy Unknown -- $4.99 after coupon code "EMCPWPH75" @ newegg.com

Xcom: Enemy Within -- $4.99 after coupon code "EMCPWPH76" @ newegg.com

Note: Both games are physical boxed copies and include free shipping.
The Pioneer Bundle
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/pioneer-bundle/

Legendary games, incredible price - Pay only €3.49/$3.49 for 8 trailblazing games, saving 94%!

Sid Meier's Colonization (Classic)
Sid Meier's Covert Action (Classic)
Sid Meier's Pirates! Gold Plus (Classic)
B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th
Silent Service
Dragonsphere
Command H.Q.
Across The Rhine
<span class="bold">Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes</span> is free to play and -75% on Steam for the weekend.
$5 EA games from Green Man Gaming with an additional 22% off code: "HAPPYN-EWYEAR-22OFFG"

Link

Titles include:

Dead Space 3
Battlefield 3
Mirrors Edge
Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection
Mass Effect 3
Syndicate
Crysis 3
Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Note: All titles require Origin.
Post edited January 02, 2015 by BenKii
BenKii: $5 EA games from Green Man Gaming with an additional 22% off code: "HAPPYN-EWYEAR-22OFFG"

Link

Titles include:

Dead Space 3
Battlefield 3
Mirrors Edge
Mass Effect 3
Syndicate
Crysis 3

Looks like that might be US only.
BenKii: $5 EA games from Green Man Gaming with an additional 22% off code: "HAPPYN-EWYEAR-22OFFG"

Link

Titles include:

Dead Space 3
Battlefield 3
Mirrors Edge
Mass Effect 3
Syndicate
Crysis 3

Smannesman: Looks like that might be US only.
Not available for Aussies. EA games via GMG are almost never available for aussies.
Niggles: Not available for Aussies. EA games via GMG are almost never available for aussies.
Neither Latin America. :/

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Another weekend deal on Steam is the <span class="bold">Carpe Fulgur Collection</span> -80%

- Chantelise - A Tale of Two Sisters
- Fortune Summoners
- Recettear - An Item Shop's Tale

Individual games have a -75%

Anyone has played these?
Post edited January 02, 2015 by madth3
madth3: - Recettear - An Item Shop's Tale
Anyone has played these?
I've not played any of them, but this one seems to consistently get great reviews.