It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

blotunga: It's 50% off, I've never seen it with a higher discount. But I wouldn't pay more than 5 euros for it.
genkicolleen: I have a happy ending! The game can stay on my account with no worries because, thanks to my dear friends, I found a deal to get X-Rebirth for $12 total at Amazon... and with a special deal Amazon offered, my total price came for $1.99! Happy day!
1.99? Wow that is a price that I'd be prepared to pay.
Groupees Build a Greenlight 16 is now live. Minimum 2 games for $1, or all 8 games for $3.32. The games are:

Hare in the Hat
Centauri Sector
Lord of the Dark Castle
Eternal Step
Drew and the Floating Labyrinth (Also on Desura)
Lavapools
There was a Caveman
Particula

Bonus (2)
1: 199x (unlocked)
2: Islabomba (unlocked at 4000 bundles)
xenocidic: https://steamep.com is great for finding trading card partners.
Very good suggestion. I was looking for something like this.
Bethesda's daily deal on GamersGate is Doom 3 BFG Edition at -75%.

In addition, Sega has a 75% discount on select games.
50% off sale again at IndieGala. Monday Bundle is $1. There are other bundles I'm too lazy to list.

Also 50% off sale at Bundle Stars including Shadow of Mordor for 50% ($25). People seemed exited by it when it was $33, so I thought I'd list it. SoM Season Pass was also on sale for 50%, so $12.50, so $37.50 for the reasonably complete game. Does that mean the base AAA game price is now $75? That's up a fair bit from $60. Then again, I remember paying $50 for Star Control II in '93, so maybe $75 is quite reasonable. Hmm, according to a couple of economics websites, $50 in 1993 == $83.50 in 2015. Huh.

Also, Steam app rentals has Wasteland for $20 for about 25.5 more hours, also Pixel Piracy for $2 for 1.5 more hours.

edit: SoM complete price & pricing comments.
Post edited December 31, 2014 by PincushionMan
PincushionMan: Also, Steam app rentals ...
Must be using voice wreck ignition.
PincushionMan: Also, Steam app rentals ...
pen_sq: Must be using voice wreck ignition.
I know, I know, that was an incendiary comment. But you must admit, it is at least partially true. Valve has said that if they go under, they'll release patches for all of their games that I assume that you've previously installed. But as for the third party games? I'm willing to bet the publishers would balk, and we'd (steam 3rd party game owners) would be seriously SOL. Especially if you bought the games well below list price in a bundle (like the majority of mine are). Even if I was able to come up with the 500+ receipts (+/- 200), would they even honor them on an alternative distrib method (Desura? Origin? or, ugh Uplay?)

That said, they have a lot of clever people getting other people (like me) to spend time and money on virtual items that get you (steam based) virtual benefits. I don't think the rental service is going anywhere soon. Although Origin now reserves the right to remove games from your 'cloud' if they are not played in two years. They may as well do it with Burnout for me, I installed it 2 times (yes, 2 bad Seagate 1 TB drives, grr), the 3rd time it said, (paraphrasing here) F--- You, man. You gotta buy me again. Their support said, Too bad, release an install authorization from one of your other Windows installs. I thought the cloud was supposed to be the backup.

Okay, enough ranting. Anyone have any other Steam deals of note? (c:
pen_sq: Must be using voice wreck ignition.
PincushionMan: I know, I know, that was an incendiary comment. But you must admit, it is at least partially true. Valve has said that if they go under, they'll release patches for all of their games that I assume that you've previously installed. But as for the third party games? I'm willing to bet the publishers would balk, and we'd (steam 3rd party game owners) would be seriously SOL. Especially if you bought the games well below list price in a bundle (like the majority of mine are). Even if I was able to come up with the 500+ receipts (+/- 200), would they even honor them on an alternative distrib method (Desura? Origin? or, ugh Uplay?)

That said, they have a lot of clever people getting other people (like me) to spend time and money on virtual items that get you (steam based) virtual benefits. I don't think the rental service is going anywhere soon. Although Origin now reserves the right to remove games from your 'cloud' if they are not played in two years. They may as well do it with Burnout for me, I installed it 2 times (yes, 2 bad Seagate 1 TB drives, grr), the 3rd time it said, (paraphrasing here) F--- You, man. You gotta buy me again. Their support said, Too bad, release an install authorization from one of your other Windows installs. I thought the cloud was supposed to be the backup.

Okay, enough ranting. Anyone have any other Steam deals of note? (c:
I don't mind long-term renting if I'm paying about the same price as normal rentals from before. :p
PincushionMan: Valve has said that if they go under, they'll release patches for all of their games that I assume that you've previously installed.
I've seen this posted so many times that I've lost count. But I've yet to see anyone link to any kind of evidence that this was actually said by Valve. I personally think this is just internet myth. Seriously, I doubt Valve has an unlock patch ready for Steam and if they're ever in a financial situation bad enough to cause them to shut down/cease to exist, I'm pretty certain that unlocking games is going to be one of the last things on their 'to-do' list.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Steam hater (I have around 80 or so games on Steam), but I don't have any faith whatsoever that Valve is going to unlock my games if they're in danger of shutting down.
PincushionMan: Valve has said that if they go under, they'll release patches for all of their games that I assume that you've previously installed.
Coelocanth: I've seen this posted so many times that I've lost count. But I've yet to see anyone link to any kind of evidence that this was actually said by Valve. I personally think this is just internet myth. Seriously, I doubt Valve has an unlock patch ready for Steam and if they're ever in a financial situation bad enough to cause them to shut down/cease to exist, I'm pretty certain that unlocking games is going to be one of the last things on their 'to-do' list.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Steam hater (I have around 80 or so games on Steam), but I don't have any faith whatsoever that Valve is going to unlock my games if they're in danger of shutting down.
I first read this assertion in PC Gamer magazine. It was an interview with Gabe Newell as the Steam service was starting up. I doubt Mr. Newell or anyone else at Steam feel any obligation to honor it, though to be fair there is little danger of Steam going under anytime soon.
PincushionMan: Although Origin now reserves the right to remove games from your 'cloud' if they are not played in two years.
I thought this was changed after all the outcry about it to if you haven't logged in to your account in two years they wipe it?
PincushionMan: Although Origin now reserves the right to remove games from your 'cloud' if they are not played in two years.
ABH20: I thought this was changed after all the outcry about it to if you haven't logged in to your account in two years they wipe it?
Oh I was unaware that they'd changed it. Do you have a source you can mention? EA/Origin Blog? RPS? Reddit? I know I can google it, but I want to know whom you heard this from.

Putting thread back on topic:
Appears Steam is not allowing any more holiday sale voting (and cut off the cards), and they've changed the name to the 'Encore Sale', a rehash of the most popular, I guess.
Grargar: Groupees Build a Greenlight 16 is now live. Minimum 2 games for $1, or all 8 games for $3.32. The games are:

Hare in the Hat
Centauri Sector
Lord of the Dark Castle
Eternal Step
Drew and the Floating Labyrinth (Also on Desura)
Lavapools
There was a Caveman
Particula

Bonus (2)
1: 199x (unlocked)
2: Islabomba (unlocked at 4000 bundles)
Any opinions on these? Looks mostly like drek to me, but Particula looks interesting. A tower defense game based on emotions? The rest are early alpha trial games, low-budget platformers, and RPG maker demos.
Quoted on Reddit, when a user asked Steam Customer Support what would happen if Steam went out of business. The response:

http://i.imgur.com/4sa1Ln6.jpg
Post edited December 31, 2014 by LinustheBold
LinustheBold: Quoted on Reddit, when a user asked Steam Customer Support what would happen if Steam went out of business. The response:

http://i.imgur.com/4sa1Ln6.jpg
its about as likely to be true as poo on a pancake!

*points at poo on your shoe