It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

retsuseiba: Sometimes nuuvem warns about region restrictions on the game page.

Sometimes nuuvem warns about region restrictions during the checkout process based on your IP location.

Sometimes nuuvem doesn't warn you at all and the game's locked anyway.

Those are the testimonies I've casually gathered the last few weeks or so, but I didn't look to much into them.
And sometimes Nuuvem won't let you add items to the cart. Friggin' Bethesda, I just want cheap Nazi killin'. I don't live in a squeamish country. Lemme kill people. :(
Post edited December 26, 2014 by Foxhack
Ebany: Nuuvem's ontop of it, in the games description it now says under the DRM section if it's region locked. Also, the Enhanced Steam add-on tells you if a game is region locked, and as a last resort there's SteamDB.
lol, my address there still works.

Can use Borderlinx for a legit address, a free service which only charges if you ship a parcel through them. I had no issues with the Spellforce using my Northern Territory CC, though for some games (e.g. Beyond Earth) Amazon will ping your bank to check it's location. To bypass that you can use Amex (it doesn't care where it's registered) or purchase US Amazon gift cards fro places like UK.

I just bought region locked Metro Last Redux from Amazon today, redeems on Steam as (NA) North American version but still installs, downloads, and plays. Spent an hour playing just to make sure. Had to test it out as Enhanced Steam said it wasn't region locked.

Edit: Also, on the Borderlands link you provided there is a spot where Amazon puts the region lock message "Requires Steam Client to activate. Steam key only valid in North America", just below the "Download time".

2nd Edit: It let me buy another SpellForce Complete without issue ...... :/
NA version is different from a code that is actually region locked. NA versions are great for us Aussies, no ridiculous censorship :) I mentioned the region lock message in my previous post :) I wasn't aware that Steam Enhanced mentioned region locked versions, thank you!

My card worked fine for ages but the bank got pinged and refused. I wasn't aware that is was game specific and assumed that they had finally "got me". I've got another CC since then, so I could test that one out too. No Amex card though.

shane-o: I don't understand why you're having a problem :/ When I first registered on Amazon, I linked my address as a place in Washington (Motel/Hotel). I've never had a problem and bought that Spellforce pack last night without issue using my debit Mastercard

Mayhaps change your address?
My address isn't the issue, it was my card being identified as Australian, something that had never happened before. I think I might have to test it and/or my other card again.

Thanks for the help everyone :)
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons is $1.49 on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/225080/?snr=1_4_4__1300
adaliabooks: Not sure if anyone else has posted this, but Amazon seems to be giving away a lot of Android stuff as part of their boxing day sale.

First thing I've noticed is Android version of Terraria, which if it is even half as good as the PC version should be excellent.

Here's the link
FWIW, the comments on this game are grumbling that it is several versions back from the Google Play version, so many new patches and things are not available in the Amazon Terraria. Then again, Free is Free...

Is it good to use your ref link for free items? I heard it was bad. Is that your ref link, or the original poster from that other blog (r-something)?
adaliabooks: Not sure if anyone else has posted this, but Amazon seems to be giving away a lot of Android stuff as part of their boxing day sale.

First thing I've noticed is Android version of Terraria, which if it is even half as good as the PC version should be excellent.

Here's the link
PincushionMan: FWIW, the comments on this game are grumbling that it is several versions back from the Google Play version, so many new patches and things are not available in the Amazon Terraria. Then again, Free is Free...

Is it good to use your ref link for free items? I heard it was bad. Is that your ref link, or the original poster from that other blog (r-something)?
It's not a referral link... not as far as I know, I just copied it from the url on Amazon...

Don't know the quality of anything there, just saw free stuff and grabbed some myself (Worms, Tetris, Terraria, some kind of Prince of Persia game) and thought others might like to as well.
HypersomniacLive: Are they also giving away an Android phone? ;-P
FWIW, they were: the 32GB Amazon Fire Phone (no-contract, unlocked GSM) dropped from $450 to $200 with the $100/year Amazon VoD and 1/2-day delivery service. It was a Black Friday sale, and, ATM, it's back up to normal. Rumors say it will drop again.

It may worth watching (for US folks), as the two day shipping option is nice, and the phone _should_ be convertible to CM11 M12 (Android KitKat 4.4.4). However, you will have to wait a couple of years. Only the 1st gen Fires tablets are officially moddable, and the Fire Phones run Fire OS 3.6.8, a fork of Android JellyBean 4.2 that is just different enough that hackers are having difficulty modding it. Sideloading things like the gapps are technically work, but downgrading will lead to a phone that runs hot and cannot be attached to your Amazon account. And that's if you don't flash the wrong version that will give you boot-loops and more or less soft brick you phone.
adaliabooks: It's not a referral link... not as far as I know, I just copied it from the url on Amazon...

Don't know the quality of anything there, just saw free stuff and grabbed some myself (Worms, Tetris, Terraria, some kind of Prince of Persia game) and thought others might like to as well.
It's cool. I wasn't accusing you of making a making a ref link, just want you to be aware that others are quite touchy about it. For grins, the next time you have a link from Amazon/Reddit/wherever, and you see a ref or id, open a private window and try deleting that portion - up to and including the ampersand. See if it works without it, if so, you know that it's a ref link (yours or theirs is irrelevant). If it needs it, please let us know.

Oh, and thanks/rep given for the link. Please keep this thread going. I know I'll miss a deal (or 50) at some point, so keep posting.

Thanks!
Post edited December 26, 2014 by PincushionMan
PincushionMan: FWIW, the comments on this game are grumbling that it is several versions back from the Google Play version
That's a common problem with the Amazon App Store. (It might not be Amazon's fault - it might be that vendors just don't pay enough attention to the Amazon App Store to keep it updated)

Back when I used to get stuff from the Amazon App Store, I would also have problems with it allowing me to run apps due to authentication problems or the store just plain crashing. So I've stopped using Amazon for Android apps. That was a while back, so they may have addressed those problems.
Post edited December 26, 2014 by mwb1100
PincushionMan: FWIW, they were: the 32GB Amazon Fire Phone (no-contract, unlocked GSM) dropped from $450 to $200 with the $100/year Amazon VoD and 1/2-day delivery service. It was a Black Friday sale, and, ATM, it's back up to normal. Rumors say it will drop again.

[...]
Cheers, but I was just messing with adaliabooks.
adaliabooks: It's not a referral link... not as far as I know, I just copied it from the url on Amazon...
PincushionMan: It's cool. I wasn't accusing you of making a making a ref link, just want you to be aware that others are quite touchy about it. For grins, the next time you have a link from Amazon/Reddit/wherever, and you see a ref or id, open a private window and try deleting that portion - up to and including the ampersand. See if it works without it, if so, you know that it's a ref link (yours or theirs is irrelevant). If it needs it, please let us know.

Oh, and thanks/rep given for the link. Please keep this thread going. I know I'll miss a deal (or 50) at some point, so keep posting.

Thanks!
I'll look out for that next time then, thank you :)
Grargar: Unlike other weekend promos, this will last till the 1st January.
stg83: Well since its the new year promo, they are going to post about it on New Years. ;)
According to the RSS feed, GOG mentioned their New Year's Squeenix sale way back on the 15th. If you had planted a Crocus as a reminder, it would just be breaking soil now.
Anyone knows if the Football Manager 2015 in amazon is region locked?

I have some gift credit there and it will be cheaper than buying it from steam.

Thanks in advance :)
Post edited December 27, 2014 by Zangtesu

Here's the link
PincushionMan: FWIW, the comments on this game are grumbling that it is several versions back from the Google Play version, so many new patches and things are not available in the Amazon Terraria. Then again, Free is Free...

Different people will have wildly varying opinions about that I imagine. For myself, if someone posts a link to something on topic (here or elsewhere) which is both relevant and valuable in the given forum and it just happens to have a referral code in the link I personally don't have a problem with that as it's relevant and topical, but others may feel very strongly otherwise of course. On the other hand if someone just posts random referral links that aren't topical or of value and come across as being purely spammy and self beneficial then I'd probably see it as leaning more strongly as spam and flag it as such.

If someone wants to provide a useful relevant topical link and would like to get the referral on it, a friendly way of doing it might be to post an explanation of the link along with the bare link without the referral, and then below that post a separate link with the referral and clearly state "both links go to the same thing but the latter link contains a referral code that helps me out if you wish to do so". In some cases referral links help both parties out and one might want to state that as well. Of course one should only do this if the forum in question does not explicitly prohibit all forms of referral links outright, and knowing that some people may still get their panties in a knot no matter what.

Having said that, I myself did post a few GMG referral links in the past here (a long time ago) I think to on topic relevant promo stuff without even thinking that it might bother someone and considering it harmless. Nobody said anything about it and it never occurred to me that anyone would care. I'd certainly never post anything that was pure spam just for my own benefit that's for sure as I'm greatly opposed to people doing such things, but I don't mind personally if people post useful things for others and as a side effect of that they also benefit from it, just so long as it very clearly is not just for their own benefit.

Is there an official GOG policy posted somewhere about this sort of thing, or does it fall into the category of community collective defacto netiquette written somewhere or otherwise? Just curious, but it'd be nice to take note if there is an official policy et al.

Aside from that though, sometimes for example there are deals referenced on sites like epicbundle.com or isthereanydeal.com or dealzon.com or others which when you click on them go through a cascade of 301 redirect links that include referral codes for those particular websites own benefit. Personally I generally go through to the final links before sharing them with people on different social platforms, but the final links often have referral codes that benefit the various websites that originally posted the links, and it's hard for someone to automatically know of all of the various affiate codes in use by all of the various sites etc. I can spot some of them personally but others may be more obscure/obfuscated or you just don't even think "I'm going to scan every URL I ever post anywhere and attempt to decode if there is a referral code in it" for example. What do people think about those sort of things? It'd be easier to never post any links anywhere than to have to constantly worry about if a link you're posting might contain a referral link that benefits a third party and upsets some subset of people you're actually trying to be kind to. :)

Anyhow, it's an interesting topic to see what other people's thoughts are for the various scenarios.
PincushionMan: I wasn't accusing you of making a making a ref link, just want you to be aware that others are quite touchy about it. For grins, the next time you have a link from Amazon/Reddit/wherever, and you see a ref or id, open a private window and try deleting that portion - up to and including the ampersand. See if it works without it, if so, you know that it's a ref link (yours or theirs is irrelevant). If it needs it, please let us know.
Amazon referral links don't use "ref=" format, actually. That seems to be a way of tracking where people got to a page from, and many sale pages (including this one) actually require that field. Instead, referral links on Amazon have a "?tag=" in them instead with the user's affiliate ID after the equal sign, so you should look out for that to know whether the linker is getting something out of the link or not.
Just wanted to say thanks for posting Terraria was free for Android. I've been wanting to get that one! Also, Origin is giving away SIM CITY 2000 Special Edition.
Zangtesu: Anyone knows if the Football Manager 2015 in amazon is region locked?

I have some gift credit there and it will be cheaper than buying it from steam.

Thanks in advance :)
It's hard to find if you've not seen it before, but Amazon identify region locked games by placing the disclaimer just under the games "estimated download time"

Should say something like:

Download time: 3 hrs
*Requires Steam Client to activate. Steam key only valid in North America

Check out this link to see the example:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Bureau-XCOM-Declassified-Online/dp/B00DYBBE1Q/