It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Any thoughts on Saints Row IV - Game of the Century? Is it worth 7.5 euros? Having a huge backlog there is no pressure to get it, I was just wondering about it as I liked SR3 for example more than GTAIV
PincushionMan: English Dub, AFAICT, no English subtitle / Japanese language available

I'll wait for it to go on sale here before buying.
**** only just realised that after i checked my copy on GOG (didnt check details before i got it on sale a few months back). Btw was on sale in the recent gog sale.....
well, lesson learned! I came in here with the best intentions namely to share something that would give people a chance to get good deals on games.nothing else! I searched the thread first and saw some high rep members posted referrals, so then i thought it was greenlight for it. im no scrooge and i never will be.and out i came with less reps and on top of that heavily insulted.very unpleasant.just days before christmas and all. i saw now that my post is gone and in it was also at the end that i wished you all happy gaming and merry christmas, well i guess i can post that anyway O.o

Sincerely Sir.Braka
high rated
Sir.Braka: well, lesson learned! I came in here with the best intentions namely to share something that would give people a chance to get good deals on games.nothing else! I searched the thread first and saw some high rep members posted referrals, so then i thought it was greenlight for it. im no scrooge and i never will be.and out i came with less reps and on top of that heavily insulted.very unpleasant.just days before christmas and all. i saw now that my post is gone and in it was also at the end that i wished you all happy gaming and merry christmas, well i guess i can post that anyway O.o

Sincerely Sir.Braka
You must learn to see the situation objectively. I don't know you (and I haven't spoken to you before) but the above post has several mistakes.

"best intentions" is not true. You know why? Because everyone who is a member of GMG has the option to use a referal and gain money. And many people here have also a GMG account. But very few post the referal link and ask other people to spend money so they can gain money. And those who do are frowned upon (see and [url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post32803]here) You had the hidden intention to gain money and you hoped no one would notice.
Information Hiding is lying. You didn't mention that you would profit from this link.

"greenlight for it" is not true. If you had read the Frequently asked questions gog does not allow posting of advertisements. You advertised a link from which you would gain money. Also, finding other posts that break this rule doesn't give you the right to break the rule too. I don't have to explain this further, that's basic social skills.

"christmas and all". Being Christmas time does not change the rules of this forum.

Your post is gone because it broke a rule and a mod deleted it (users can't do that) The same goes for Sachys' post.

That being said, no one should use insults (and it's against the rules) but first try to correct your own mistakes before pointing out the mistakes of others. Two wrongs don't make a right.

PS: Rep usually means nothing. In this case down-reepping would be interpreted as "you posted something that many people found negative". And it takes more than 10 people to down-rep a post to see the "low-rated" icon.
A general 20% discount on Origin today with the promocode ORIGIN20
Ebany: M8, try to show a little maturity & decorum. That type of language is unacceptable in any situation.
hummer010: Almost as unacceptable as referral links :)
Possibly true :)

Oddly, the only thing I find more disturbing is the number of people linking Steam specials on GoG forums ......
high rated
Sir.Braka:
I'm sorry if I have offended you, but it would be helpful if you point out which part is offensive. Because I always write in the most polite manner.
I'm sorry you see this as an accusation, my only intent was to inform you of how this community works, because some things are not written down as rules.
In this case I also tried to be as neutral as possible, beause I believe that everything I say should also be a rule for me too. (this means I want my words to be used against me if I ever break a rule)

PS: I write here because you have blocked me on PM. Feel free to report me to GOG, I know I haven't done anything wrong, but only tried to help you.
Hello! I am not sure if this was mentioned, but for me it was nice. So I went to Epic Bundle to check, what kind of deals are there available now. At the bottom of the page I noticed a small picture of Pirates of Black Cove game with words "Steam key for free". You can check it <span class="bold">here</span>.

Following their instructions, I registered to dlh.net and was surprised to get the following Steam games free:

- Enclave
- East India Company Gold Edition
- Knightshift
- Knights and Merchants HD
- Pirates of Black Cove
- Commander - Conquest Of The Americas

I guess if you'd like any of those games, it's a nice offer. I myself am very happy to get Pirates of Black Cove.
Today's Bethesda daily deal on GamersGate is The Evil Within (Steam) at 66%. Curiously enough, it's noticeably cheaper on the UK store.
Post edited December 23, 2014 by Grargar
blotunga: Any thoughts on Saints Row IV - Game of the Century? Is it worth 7.5 euros? Having a huge backlog there is no pressure to get it, I was just wondering about it as I liked SR3 for example more than GTAIV
I had fun with it for several dozen hours, so personally I'd say that's a good price, but I don't know your tastes, so I can't judge whether you'd think so, too, or whether it would pay off for you to wait for even greater discounts. It's basically more of Saints Row 3, even in the same environment, only this time with aliens, computer simulations, superpowers and even more silly stuff, it's not so much about street gangs and crime anymore, more like a superhero sandbox with geek and videogame culture spoofs. I liked that better than the street gang thing, but admittedly this setting allows the devs to do everything they want to, so all the weird things don't stand out as much as in SR3 and are therefor a bit less hilarious.

They also put in a lot of filler content by making many side missions only about repeating the same kind of activities over and over again, which would be my main criticism. Then again, they're only optional, and I never cared that much for the story, quests and dialogues in either installment anyway, you get some good laughs out of them from time to time, but the actual gameplay fun is not in the missions but in the sandbox. And it's still fun to wreak havoc in the city, hunt for collectibles and just do whatever you want to do, only this time jumping and flying and fighting with elemental superpowers in addition to the guns. I have to add that I thought the game was rather easy most of the times, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it.

The story DLCs are only ok, btw, they have a few nice ideas in them, but aren't really all that special compared to the main game, and I never bought the extra costumes, weapons and vehicles DLCs as they didn't seem appealing enough to me to spend money on them, but of course it won't hurt to get them included in the package.
Post edited December 23, 2014 by Leroux
Ebany: Oddly, the only thing I find more disturbing is the number of people linking Steam specials on GoG forums ......
Well, this is the Gaming Deals thread. The links in here are to all kinds of sites, anywhere with a deal really. Steam has a sale going on right now, so steam links are a little more prevalent than normal.

It is very cool of GOG to allow this thread to exist on their forums.
ET3D: Knights of the Old Republic is out on Android! $5 (50% off) for release.
Part of me is really excited by this, and the rest of me just afraid it'll be hell to control on a tablet. Going to wishlist this on the Google Play store and keep an eye on reviews for a little while. Thanks for the heads up!
edit: good thing I waited, looks like it doesn't currently support my tablet (LG G Pad 8.3.) As my phone isn't as high-spec and seems compatible, I imagine it will just be a matter of time before they patch things a bit and improve compatibility with devices.
Post edited December 23, 2014 by akhliber
ET3D: Knights of the Old Republic is out on Android! $5 (50% off) for release.
akhliber: Part of me is really excited by this, and the rest of me just afraid it'll be hell to control on a tablet. Going to wishlist this on the Google Play store and keep an eye on reviews for a little while. Thanks for the heads up!
edit: good thing I waited, looks like it doesn't currently support my tablet (LG G Pad 8.3.) As my phone isn't as high-spec and seems compatible, I imagine it will just be a matter of time before they patch things a bit and improve compatibility with devices.
I've only just started playing it for the first time on a PC! $5 seems like a lot for a PC port with crappy controls.
akhliber:
hummer010: I've only just started playing it for the first time on a PC! $5 seems like a lot for a PC port with crappy controls.
Ooh, you're in for a real treat. And yeah, even if my tablet was currently supported, it'd be hard to plunk down $5 knowing that I'll more likely just want to play it on PC whenever I want to play it. I give in to the temptation of Android games more often for the idea / novelty of it, and I usually find them less interesting once I actually try playing them. :)
Grargar: Today's Bethesda daily deal on GamersGate is The Evil Within (Steam) at 66%. Curiously enough, it's noticeably cheaper on the UK store.
For EU members GG.UK is mostly cheaper than the GG.COM store. Lots of times close to prices at GG.COM US Store. But not always, so comparison is always advised.