It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Humble Store Flash Sale for 12 more hours: Road Redemption Early Access (DRM-Free/Steam, Windows) -40%.
If someone wants to know what was in the box:

Thief - The Master Thief Edition
The Last Remnant
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Deus Ex - The Fall
Nosgoth Founders - Warlord Pack

I had hoped for "Thief"; "Murdered" and "The Last Remnant" are okay. So, for 6,49 Euro I'm quite content with this Christmas Surprise.
Steam Holiday Sale started
Attachments:
Pixel Piracy is already down to €0.99 in the Humble store 16 days after release here [but it's a steam key]. Is that due to the bad reviews or why is GOG in the distribution model directly followed by 90% off (initial release was July 31)? GOG page.
Geddes17: If someone wants to know what was in the box:
Of course we wanted to know! OK, I shouldn't speak for others, but I'm sure everyone was curious :D Wish I could have gotten in on it, those are some really enticing games!
Post edited December 18, 2014 by genkicolleen
Tallima:
Yeah, not to veer off topic too much but I tend to miss those deals of which were free a lot before I used the forums. Now, the community has a variety of threads on these sorts of things that are usually up to date I tend to follow now. I only managed to get the 99 cent one due to budget and personal interest of it specifically but I'll be on the look out for the other one if it ever goes on sale again or whatever may occur.
<span class="bold">Humble Weekly Bundle: RPG Edition - Book I</span>

PWYW ($1 for Steam key)
Avadon 2: The Corruption (DRM-Free/Steam, Windows/Mac)

$1
Skara - The Blade Remains (Early Access Starter Package) (Steam, Windows)
Alpha Kimori: Episode One (Steam, Windows)

BTA
Consortium (Steam, Windows)
Fighting Fantasy: The Forest of Doom (DRM-Free/Steam/Android, Windows/Mac/Linux)
Deep Dungeons of Doom (Steam, Windows/Mac)

$10
Halfway (DRM-Free/Steam, Windows/Mac/Linux)
Post edited December 18, 2014 by Grargar
Grargar: <span class="bold">Humble Weekly Bundle: RPG Edition - Book I</span>

PWYW ($1 for Steam key)
Avadon 2: The Corruption (DRM-Free/Steam, Windows/Mac)

$1
Skara - The Blade Remains (Early Access Starter Package) (Steam, Windows)
Alpha Kimori: Episode One (Steam, Windows)

BTA
Consortium (Steam, Windows)
Fighting Fantasy: The Forest of Doom (DRM-Free/Steam/Android, Windows/Mac/Linux)
Deep Dungeons of Doom (Steam, Windows/Mac)

$10
Halfway (DRM-Free/Steam, Windows/Mac/Linux)
A warning about Consortium - DOES NOT work with some graphics cards - at all - and the devs dont care either.
The-Business: Pixel Piracy is already down to €0.99 in the Humble store 16 days after release here [but it's a steam key]. Is that due to the bad reviews or why is GOG in the distribution model directly followed by 90% off (initial release was July 31)? GOG page.
From what I've heard, it is a sandbox style game that is a bit bare bones, and appears to have been abandoned by the developer. I'll post the link if I can find it.

Liberally ripped from an unhappy steam user - link:

One of the developers said this on the forums in response to their supposed shady development:

Vitali Kirpu [developer]: "We are not shady, we have alot of funds to fund pixel piracy development for the next 1-2 years or so.

My point is that it doesnt matter for us if the game is early access or full release, updates will keep coming untill nobody ever plays the game."
Take that however you want.. To me it say's "keep buying our unfinished game, and in 1-2 years you may have the privilege of a finished product"

it's an interesting glimpse of the truth of early acsess on steam. For the few good games that have thrived from early access, we as a community are left with hundreds of games just like pixel piracy.

Disappointing.
Ah, here we go. Developer of Terraria and Pixel Piracy starting development of new game - link
Post edited December 18, 2014 by PincushionMan
Sachys: [..snip..]
A warning about Consortium - DOES NOT work with some graphics cards - at all - and the devs dont care either.
Would those graphics cards be the Intel HD series found in most Core 2 and Core i-series laptops? That seems to be what people complain about most, whether on Linux or in Windows.

I have an older Core 2 laptop with an i965 graphics processor in it that just cannot handle OpenGL or DirectX graphics. The video card has a firmware bug that will actually allocate more video memory as needed. Up to and including the top of the memory heap - without relocating jack. In that unimportant part of memory where things like the kernel sit. Within seconds of this I get a nice reboot.

Sad thing is, it doesn't even have to display the graphics. Anything that touches the GPU 3D will trigger a reboot. Just using ffmpeg to transcode video is enough. 2D is generally fine, though. Happens reliably in Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD. But the CPU can run Prime95 and MemTest86+ for a day each, no problems.
GREENMANGAMING

King's Bounty Dark Side (premium), half price plus a 20% voucher on the site nets the price down to about €8.50, Standard edition is also on sale too.
Geddes17: .
Geddes17: If someone wants to know what was in the box:

Thief - The Master Thief Edition
The Last Remnant
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Deus Ex - The Fall
Nosgoth Founders - Warlord Pack

I had hoped for "Thief"; "Murdered" and "The Last Remnant" are okay. So, for 6,49 Euro I'm quite content with this Christmas Surprise.
Hate those blind deals, I already have Thief, TLR, Murdered and Lara, with DEx on 360, thanks for the heads up +1 :)
Post edited December 18, 2014 by F1ach
I've done a quick check on Consortium (laptop with ati radeon 5730) and i didn't notice any major problem, the first loading was REALLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY long (3~5m?) and the game had some graphic glitch effects but i think it's intended, the framerate was ok i guess, could run better since it doesn't look impressive but i could say it's around 30 fps.
But it was a quick check, 5~10m, could get worse later.
Steam Sale is on...

Oh - ninja'd.

Well, here's some good deals anyway:
I believe these are the featured, 2 day sales:
Dark Souls II - $15 (63%)
Space Engineers (w/Workshop mods) - $10 (50%)
RockSmith 2014 - $21 (66%)
Sniper Elite III - $25 (50%)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zero - $14 (33%)
Sid Meier's Civ Beyond Earth - $30 (40%)
Total War: Rome II - $15 (75%)
Euro Truck Sim 2 - $3.75 (85%)
State of Decay - $5 (75%)

These are the flash 12hr sales - I think they expire Midnight Pacific Time (GMT-8):
Styx: Master of Shadows (50%) $15
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Ultimate Ed (75%) $5
Damned (75%) $5
MS Flight Sim X: Steam Ed (80%) $5
Hegemony Rome (85%) $4.50
SpeedRunners (75%) $2.50
lemuria: Steam Holiday Sale started
Metal Gear Rising is €4
This game is ultimate BAD ASS!
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is 80% off at $2.99 on Steam. Might pick this one up. Recommended?

Also, The Cat Lady is $3.49 (70% off) at Desura. It says it comes with a second key (Steam). Does that mean I can download the game from Desura and then gift the Steam key? Or do I only get the choice of one or the other?
Post edited December 18, 2014 by LJChronx