It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
budejovice: Anyone have thoughts on these? Paradox newb here, but huge fan of strategies. If I were to choose just one, is Europa a sure bet, as it's actually developed by them? Thanks!
Grargar: I would actually not recommend Europa Universalis III Complete because, contrary to its name, it's not complete and is missing two expansions. The only places that you can find a Steamless version of the complete package are and [url=http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-EU3C/europa-universalis-iii-chronicles]GamersGate.
Very helpful, thanks, I'll probably refrain. Too bad they're not on sale at those sites as well, though I'll keep my eye out. Have you played Majesty?

EDIT: Have never played any version of Majesty, but descriptions and reviews look pretty nice and up my alley; may give it a shot for $2.
Post edited December 17, 2014 by budejovice
budejovice: Very helpful, thanks, I'll probably refrain. Too bad they're not on sale at those sites as well, though I'll keep my eye out. Have you played Majesty?
A bit. You are the majesty (duh) of a kingdom and in each map, your aim is, usually, to exterminate the surrounding threats. You do this by enlisting heroes to take care of those threats. Unlike your typical strategy game, you can't issue direct commands to your subjects, but only influence the actions they take. For example, to create a building, you set the location of it and assuming that your subjects are not currently busy somewhere else, they will get to it. To collect gold, you do so with the help of the tax collector(s) who do periodic rounds around all your buildings (when you level up your castle, more buildings are automatically and slowly created on their own) or only a specific number of them, which can be helpful, because while you do collect less gold, the tax collector(s) are in less dangers from the monsters who can kill them and thus make you lose his collected gold.

SImilarly, you can't directly control the heroes to destroy the monsters; they have a life of their own. While they will defend themselves against the monsters, they will not actively seek out their lairs without some persuasion (gold). You set a flag along with the amount of gold of your choice to either explore some unexplored territory or put a bounty on a monster. The higher the amount of gold on those flags, the more eager and faster will the heroes go after it. The game also has RPG elements, such as heroes gaining levels and being able to equip better weapons, armors and potions, all provided by the blacksmiths and market buildings created by you of course, bringing even more gold to your economy.

Hope this helps somewhat.
Post edited December 17, 2014 by Grargar
Grargar:
Thank you very much for typing that up. I added my edit while you were busy. Sorry for the delay. :)

I think I'm in. Many thanks as usual, Grargar!
budejovice: Thank you very much for typing that up. I added my edit while you were busy. Sorry for the delay. :)

I think I'm in. Many thanks as usual, Grargar!
No problem.
On Steam Midweek Madness

<span class="bold">Sanctum</span>, <span class="bold">Sanctum 2</span> and DLC have -80%

<span class="bold">Crusader Kings 2</span> (Regular, Collection and lots of DLC) has -75%
madth3: The LOTR Bundle is back on BundleStars

$9.99 for Lego games, LOTR War In The North and Guardians of Middle Earth
Currently showing as no longer available. I thought it was suppose to last for a few more days.
blarth: Currently showing as no longer available. I thought it was suppose to last for a few more days.
They ran out of keys
Defender's Quest on HB 75% off at $3.75 Of note is that it includes a GOG key as well as a Steam key. Defender's Quest on GOG
Post edited December 17, 2014 by Tarnicus
Stealth Bastard Deluxe is at 0.89€ on Humble Store now.
It looks decent enough - I remember playing the freeware version for a while (though I have not finished it).
PraetorianWolfie: Stealth Bastard Deluxe is at 0.89€ on Humble Store now.
It looks decent enough - I remember playing the freeware version for a while (though I have not finished it).
DRM-free version (+ Android version and Steam key) of Stealth Bastard Deluxe for 0.89€ is a steal. It's a fantastic game.
PraetorianWolfie: Stealth Bastard Deluxe is at 0.89€ on Humble Store now.
PaterAlf: DRM-free version (+ Android version and Steam key) of Stealth Bastard Deluxe for 0.89€ is a steal. It's a fantastic game.
Anybody tried the android version and have some info how it plays? btw it still shows 5 hours to go on this deal.
Tarnicus: Defender's Quest on HB 75% off at $3.75 Of note is that it includes a GOG key as well as a Steam key. Defender's Quest on GOG

Edit: limited time deal that ends in just over 5 hours
That's actually 5 days. :)
PaterAlf: DRM-free version (+ Android version and Steam key) of Stealth Bastard Deluxe for 0.89€ is a steal. It's a fantastic game.
BlackThorny: Anybody tried the android version and have some info how it plays? btw it still shows 5 hours to go on this deal.
I tried it and it worked quite well. My only problem was that I have a pretty small phone and so it was hard, because my fingers often were in the way, so that I couldn't see important details. So I wouldn't recommend it for a small phone, but I guess it's good fun on a tablet.
Has anyone seen the X bundle (of the x beyond the frontier fame) sold drm-free anywhere else other than GG? Perhaps on sale too? I am obviously not talking about the Steam version since I am looking for the drm-free version. I already have it on optical discs/retail, but I wish I have it on download too for safety reasons.
trusteft: Has anyone seen the X bundle (of the x beyond the frontier fame) sold drm-free anywhere else other than GG? Perhaps on sale too? I am obviously not talking about the Steam version since I am looking for the drm-free version. I already have it on optical discs/retail, but I wish I have it on download too for safety reasons.
I haven't found any such store.