It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

budejovice: Thanks!

Was just curious about the basics. FAQ was a good read. Stuff like: definitely legit? definitely DRM-free? no hidden Steam codes? Etc....

I ask because there's a lot of stuff not available here. Some apparent Mac versions of games that are only Windows here as well.
No hidden Steam/ client/ whatnot stuff, I've purchased a handful of games there and am checking out their daily deals during their current sale.
You get a page with links to all your content for download. The links are also in the confirmation email they send you.

They had a couple of weird pricing/ charging issues a while back (you can read about them and [url=https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post51334]here) but got them resolved (info , [url=https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post51591]here and here).
HypersomniacLive:
Looks like a nice sale - I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the links! :)
triock: My favourites (from those not available on GOG) are Voyage: Journey to the Moon, Salammbo: Battle for Carthage, Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy, Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes & The Egyptian Prophecy: The Fate of Ramses.
DyNaer: i would add :

Avencast
Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead -> sort of Grotesque Tactics 3
Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches
Return to Mysterious Island 2

To avoid at all cost

Necronomicon: The Dawning of Darkness -> broken game (some content are missing :( )
Dracula 1-3 -> Dumbed down port ; no idea why they didn't used the original ones ....
Thanks for helping to separate the treasure from the trash. With this many games, it's hard to research which ones are best to buy...
DyNaer: Avencast
Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead -> sort of Grotesque Tactics 3
Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches
I've yet to play those (have them for quite some time), so no idea whether they are good or not.
As for Return to Mysterious Island 2, yeah, I like the 1st one, very similar to Journey to the Moon, have both of them (RtMI & JttM) on DVD and I kinda like them even more than Syberia games :p, so I'm going to pick this one too. ;)
budejovice: Looks like a nice sale - I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the links! :)
You're welcome, and don't forget to check out the Daily Deals every day. :-)

Oh, and I forgot to mention that some titles come with some nice extras, like on GOG. One downside worth mentioning is that if in need for tech support you'd have to go to the devs/ pubs (I think it's mentioned somewhere in their FAQ) - but that appears to be the norm with every other digital store, except for GOG.
high rated
budejovice: Looks like a nice sale - I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the links! :)
HypersomniacLive: You're welcome, and don't forget to check out the Daily Deals every day. :-)

Oh, and I forgot to mention that some titles come with some nice extras, like on GOG. One downside worth mentioning is that if in need for tech support you'd have to go to the devs/ pubs (I think it's mentioned somewhere in their FAQ) - but that appears to be the norm with every other digital store, except for GOG.
FireFlower here. You're welcome to contact us directly through our contact form, forum or social media channels if there's a problem with a game and we'll contact the developer or publisher. You can contact the developer or publisher yourself if you like, before contacting us, but you don't have to. :)
krillehog: FireFlower here. You're welcome to contact us directly through our contact form, forum or social media channels if there's a problem with a game and we'll contact the developer or publisher. You can contact the developer or publisher yourself if you like, before contacting us, but you don't have to. :)
Hello there! Since you're here, could you please elaborate on one of your answers from the FAQ (specifically, the last one).

"You can however contact me if you want a game you have on Steam (or other stores) to be available DRM-free on FireFlower Games as well (given it can be found in FireFlower Games’ catalogue of games). All you have to do is make a purchase on FireFlower Games and provide me with your username and proof that you own the game on the other platform."

Let's say that I have Gold Rush! Classic on Steam (a game that exists in your catalog). What would I need to do to have it on FireFlower Games as well? Would I need to make a general purchase to prove that I am a FireFlower Games customer and just link you some kind of proof that I own it on Steam? Or did I misunderstand this?
krillehog: FireFlower here. You're welcome to contact us directly through our contact form, forum or social media channels if there's a problem with a game and we'll contact the developer or publisher. You can contact the developer or publisher yourself if you like, before contacting us, but you don't have to. :)
Hey there, again!

I know I can, what I meant is that support is not provided in-house, like on GOG. The question is, what is the benefit of going through your contact form instead of contacting the devs/pubs directly?

I appreciate the prompt response to any questions/ issues we have in relation to your store. :-)
Niggles: Suggestions as to picks of the bunch?
triock: My favourites (from those not available on GOG) are Voyage: Journey to the Moon, Salammbo: Battle for Carthage, Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy, Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes & The Egyptian Prophecy: The Fate of Ramses.
What about Return to Mysterious Island 1& 2, The Cameron Files: The Secret at Loch Ness, The Egyptian Prophecy: The Fate of Ramses Or RIP - Trilogy?
Post edited December 04, 2014 by BlackThorny
BlackThorny: What about Return to Mysterious Island 1& 2 Or RIP - Trilogy?
I've played the first Return to Mysterious Island with my family. It's nicely done, though movement is a little weird. The world is made of set locations, and within each, you stand at a fixed point and use the mouse to look around a sort of panorama shot. Easy enough to get used to. It's a pretty good exploration game, mostly built around inventory puzzles, which have several solutions.

I played a demo a few years ago, and it stuck with me til I finally purchased the full GOG version. You can probably still get your hands on the demo.
grimwerk: I played a demo a few years ago, and it stuck with me til I finally purchased the full GOG version. You can probably still get your hands on the demo.
What's blaffe me though , why GOG doesn't have the sequel o_o
grimwerk: I played a demo a few years ago, and it stuck with me til I finally purchased the full GOG version. You can probably still get your hands on the demo.
DyNaer: What's blaffe me though , why GOG doesn't have the sequel o_o
From what I've read, it isn't as good a game as the first. Plus, according to Wikipedia, the second game has both an online component and an iPhone component. Perhaps these could not be easily removed or patched over cleanly. Just guessing, of course.

I'm still curious about the game, though.
grimwerk: From what I've read, it isn't as good a game as the first. Plus, according to Wikipedia, the second game has both an online component and an iPhone component. Perhaps these could not be easily removed or patched over cleanly. Just guessing, of course.

I'm still curious about the game, though.
ummm i stil needl to dig to get some real infos, because , i don't trust too much wikipedia :/

edit : wikipedia seems correct i checked there :

http://www.mobygames.com/game/return-to-mysterious-island-2-minas-fate

and the manual avaible on steam

however the iphone compement isn't a mantarory , so i guess everything related to online , could be dropped for a gog version.
Post edited December 04, 2014 by DyNaer
<span class="bold">Jane Croft</span> is on DailyIndieGame

$0.99 for a Desura key, BTA for two
Grargar: Hello there! Since you're here, could you please elaborate on one of your answers from the FAQ (specifically, the last one).

"You can however contact me if you want a game you have on Steam (or other stores) to be available DRM-free on FireFlower Games as well (given it can be found in FireFlower Games’ catalogue of games). All you have to do is make a purchase on FireFlower Games and provide me with your username and proof that you own the game on the other platform."

Let's say that I have Gold Rush! Classic on Steam (a game that exists in your catalog). What would I need to do to have it on FireFlower Games as well? Would I need to make a general purchase to prove that I am a FireFlower Games customer and just link you some kind of proof that I own it on Steam? Or did I misunderstand this?
Hello!

Yes, that's correct. Just make a general purchase on FireFlower and send me your FireFlower username and some proof that you own it on Steam (screenshot, email receipt, username or something similar).