It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

superstande: Mass Effect shows 2.37 € to me... is Origin DRM-Free...? Never bought anything there.
PincushionMan: Origin is NOT DRM free at all.

In my experience, most of the games have activation limits (SecuROM?) that require you to de-authorize a machine before you can move it to another one.

For example:
Popcap games - used to have a 5 activation limit when they were their own company. Don't know about today, probably 3 now.

Sims 3 - 3 activation limit (appears to be controllable from the Sims 3 launcher)

Burnout Paradise, Battlefield series, Call of Duty, Red Alert, Mass Effect, Spore - 3 activation limit (you must download a tool to report deleted and de-authorized. back to a server. If you forget to run the tool or don't know about it - Too Bad, you are SOL) I suppose if you complain they *may* reset the activation limit... or they may remove the game from your inventory and tell you to buy it again. Dunno. I suspect their support may do it like Steam, not helping at all with activation issues. Some of the listed games have activation servers that will be pulled after a while. Also EA, in Origin's T&Cs reserves the right to pull old (or unactivatable) games from your account.

TL;DR - Buying from Origin === Caveat Emptor. I don't mind the On the House games, I just understand I'm getting up to 3 rentals. The games are theirs, and they are sharing.
That all sounds horrible :)
HypersomniacLive: Not sure if you know this, but if you log in to IR with your Desura credentials, every bundle you've redeemed on Desura will appear in your collection under that account.
Trippy! No, I didn't know that. I don't have many IR bundles, but I might try this out and see what happens. Assuming I haven't already redeemed them on Desura the other way. Thanks!

HypersomniacLive: I've stumbled upon this issue a few times when purchasing bundles - a couple of times with BIaB bundles, once with a Groupees bundle and a couple with HIBs. I don't know what causes the issue because if I use a different browser or try on a different time/ day, I get all available options, including paying with a card without a PayPal account. IIRC, a GOGer from Finland has experienced it too.
Sounds like one of those elusive web glitches, the kind that occurs under certain conditions but not reliably enough to pin it down. If you can find a workaround when it strikes, like changing browsers, then at least it gets demoted to an inconvenience instead of a blocker. But still annoying not to have a clear solution.
New IndieGameStand deal.

Star Nomad. Beat the average for Ninja Girl: RPG Defense.
HypersomniacLive: Not sure I follow - you were asked for you IndieRoyale/Desura password on PayPal's payment page? That makes absolutely no sense, unless your IR/ Desura email and password are the same as your PayPal ones.
IAmSinistar: Not to muddy the waters, but IndieRoyale didn't accept my old password for their site. I had to request a reset from them to change it. Maybe this caused other problems as well?

BlackThorny: I want to try and buy through paypal (as I always buy through paypal), but this
I tried the "is this a gift?" and it showed me I can send the email with the gift on a date of my choice - pretty cool feature :)
made me weary - if I chose a date of deliver for a couple of months from now, will I not see anything before that date? Or will I have everything listed as "gift", and just the sending of the mail will be delayed?
IAmSinistar: Hurm. Are you sending it to yourself as a gift on a future date? Then yes, it might be the weird chain of events you describe. But if you send it to someone else, it should be all the games. Unless the delivery date is before the end of the offer, in which case it will probably be whatever games are available, with the rest being revealed later.

In other words it should work just like a normal purchase, only with the key to activate the purchase being sent at whatever date, instead of immediately.
In other words, I'll get the gift added to my account as a gift, I'll get a redeem code I can send anytime by myself, but the gifting mail will be postponed? can the date be updated later along the way?
The reason I'm asking all of this is because I wanted to send it as a gift, and I usually just send to my email and then resend whenever needed. This time they offer me a date, so I thought it be cool to send it directly on someone's birthday - but that birthday is months from now and I might regret by that time and rather send it earlier...
IAmSinistar: Yes. My IR account is just for logging into IR and managing purchases and downloads from there. I use the Desura redemption link they provide to load the games into my Desura account, which is distinct.

[...]
HypersomniacLive: Not sure if you know this, but if you log in to IR with your Desura credentials, every bundle you've redeemed on Desura will appear in your collection under that account.

I always purchase IR bundles as gifts under a different email from my Desura one, so that my purchases and my Desura account aren't linked. And I access the pages for the direct downloads logged out.

IAmSinistar: [...]

Maybe a bug in the PayPal server farm in your part of the world? Is it just when checking out from specific sites, or do you get it under a lot of different circumstances?
HypersomniacLive: I've stumbled upon this issue a few times when purchasing bundles - a couple of times with BIaB bundles, once with a Groupees bundle and a couple with HIBs. I don't know what causes the issue because if I use a different browser or try on a different time/ day, I get all available options, including paying with a card without a PayPal account. IIRC, a GOGer from Finland has experienced it too.
So why NOT link them together? I don't have an account an IR yet, and I thought that using my Desura account can spare me another registration, am I doing something wrong here?
Grargar: New IndieGameStand deal.

Star Nomad. Beat the average for Ninja Girl: RPG Defense.
Bought this Star Nomad for $2 when on sale some time ago, good game.
Post edited October 02, 2014 by dyscode
PincushionMan: Origin is NOT DRM free at all.

In my experience, most of the games have activation limits (SecuROM?) that require you to de-authorize a machine before you can move it to another one.

For example:
Popcap games - used to have a 5 activation limit when they were their own company. Don't know about today, probably 3 now.

Sims 3 - 3 activation limit (appears to be controllable from the Sims 3 launcher)

Burnout Paradise, Battlefield series, Call of Duty, Red Alert, Mass Effect, Spore - 3 activation limit (you must download a tool to report deleted and de-authorized. back to a server. If you forget to run the tool or don't know about it - Too Bad, you are SOL) I suppose if you complain they *may* reset the activation limit... or they may remove the game from your inventory and tell you to buy it again. Dunno. I suspect their support may do it like Steam, not helping at all with activation issues. Some of the listed games have activation servers that will be pulled after a while. Also EA, in Origin's T&Cs reserves the right to pull old (or unactivatable) games from your account.

TL;DR - Buying from Origin === Caveat Emptor. I don't mind the On the House games, I just understand I'm getting up to 3 rentals. The games are theirs, and they are sharing.
superstande: That all sounds horrible :)
While the OP is correct, in reality this not more worse than Steam, which is also selling enough games with Activation Limited-DRM. But the ratio is higher on Origin, since there are like... 200 games on that Service compared to Steams thousands?
Saboteur (Origin), I am Alive (uPlay), both Dead Space (IIRC), Crysis 1, GTA, L.A. Noire, Max Payne 3 etc. also have activation limits on top of the Services offering them.
So for all 'AAA' titles are recommended to check [url=http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Category:Games]http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Category:Games[/url] to avoid problems.
I also too often fell prey to archaic DRM. So research or 'pay the price'! :)
Apparently Endless Legend was free game of the month for IGN Prime members. Keys are already gone it appears but on 10/8 they get another batch supposedly.

If I felt assured I wouldn't miss the batch I'd so subscribe for that ($6.95 for a month). But for those who have memberships, something to keep an eye on I imagine.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.ign.com%2Fprime%2Fpromo%2Fendless-legend&pid=12131693
BlackThorny: So why NOT link them together? I don't have an account an IR yet, and I thought that using my Desura account can spare me another registration, am I doing something wrong here?
No right or wrong, just a matter of preference. :-)
BlackThorny: ...This time they offer me a date, so I thought it be cool to send it directly on someone's birthday - but that birthday is months from now and I might regret by that time and rather send it earlier...
Be aware that IndieRoyale reveals your account's email address to the receiver. Very bad design in my opinion, but they simply do. GOG as well by the way, if you send a gift code to a mail address.
Post edited October 04, 2014 by DeMignon
More Early Access stuff from Bundlestars:

The Evolution Bundle
$3.49 for 6 Early-Access Steam games

- Colossal Kaiju Combat: Kaijuland Battles (Win)
- Freaking Meatbags (Win)
- Fancy Skulls (Win, Mac, Linux)
- Steam Bandits: Outpost (Win, Mac, Linux)
- Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars (Win)
- Dreaming Sarah (Win)

= = = = =

Indie Royale: The Mystery Bundle is now $1.29

- The Sun at Night
- Hero of the Kingdom
- Huntsman: The Orphanage

+ 7 more games Coming Soon
Post edited October 02, 2014 by madth3
Well, at least they priced it on a more friendly way (intead of the 20€ from the Breakthrough bundle) but i already have Freaking Meatbags (the one that looks the most interesting), Infinite Space 3: SoS and Steam Bandits Outpost (f2p, pffff), Colossal Kaiju and Dreaming Sarah looks ok but not my thing and finally Fancy Skulls that looks my kind of game (i'm a sucker for procedural random permadeath stuff), did anyone tried it?
madth3: - Huntsman: The Orphanage
Thanks for the update. Shame this isn't DRM-free, as it's one I'd like to play. Is this to be the only one which is not DRM-free in the bundle? I believe there was a posting saying only one would be so.
Cyraxpt: Fancy Skulls that looks my kind of game (i'm a sucker for procedural random permadeath stuff), did anyone tried it?
Yes, it's quite fun, even though it's still in beta. Similar to (but better than, in my opinion) Paranautical Activity (another beta).
Post edited October 02, 2014 by IAmSinistar
IAmSinistar: Shame this isn't DRM-free, as it's one I'd like to play. Is this to be the only one which is not DRM-free in the bundle? I believe there was a posting saying only one would be so.
Quite the opposite. I posted from an IndieRoyal email that there will be one game not in Steam.
IAmSinistar: Shame this isn't DRM-free, as it's one I'd like to play. Is this to be the only one which is not DRM-free in the bundle? I believe there was a posting saying only one would be so.
madth3: Quite the opposite. I posted from an IndieRoyal email that there will be one game not in Steam.
So only the original two are DRM-free, and maybe one more? Well, less of a bargain after all then.