It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Games Workshop sale at Steam

For another 44 hours, discounts of up to 75% on Warhammer 40,000, Blood Bowl, Dawon of War, Dungeonbowl, Chainsaw Warrior, Space Hulk and Talisman
Post edited August 06, 2014 by madth3
madth3: Games Workshop sale at Steam

For another 44 hours, discounts of up to 75% on Warhammer 40,000, Blood Bowl, Dawon of War, Dungeonbowl, Chainsaw Warrior, Space Hulk and Talisman
Thinking about Dawn of War... Got Space Hulk, Talisman & Blood Bowl. The rest - bad reviews and/or meh.
Getcomposted: Thinking about Dawn of War... Got Space Hulk, Talisman & Blood Bowl. The rest - bad reviews and/or meh.
If you have access to the Platinum edition at 75% off, get it! It should include Winter Assault, too and they're all damn good games! Alternatively, there might still be some copies of DoW:GotY floating around for trade.
Post edited August 06, 2014 by Spinorial
Spinorial: If you have access to the Platinum editions at 75% off, get it! They're damn good games! Alternatively, there might still be some copies of DoW:GotY floating around for trade.
No access to the Platinum edition. What we have in the UK is the Gold Edition with GotY and Winter Assault for £4.99 or the Master Collection with GotY, Winter Assault, Dark Crusade & Soulstorm for £7.49.

Getcomposted: Thinking about Dawn of War... Got Space Hulk, Talisman & Blood Bowl. The rest - bad reviews and/or meh.
The original Dawn of War and its expansions are all great. I did in particular like the Winter Assault campaigns (there are 2), which were among the best RTS campaigns I've ever played. As for DoW 2, I never found those campaigns to be very good, but the skirmish & multiplayer-mode is worth playing. Just get Retribution, as it contains all the content from the previous DoW2 titles.
Not sure though. I have my little figures around still from when I was trying to learn how to paint them (badly), but like the only gay in the village, I seemed to be the only one in my circle of friends to be such a huge nerd/ geek that I actually knew or wanted to play these things.
Sadly, they languished in a box as they weren't good enough to be displayed. :)
AFnord: The original Dawn of War and its expansions are all great. I did in particular like the Winter Assault campaigns (there are 2), which were among the best RTS campaigns I've ever played. As for DoW 2, I never found those campaigns to be very good, but the skirmish & multiplayer-mode is worth playing. Just get Retribution, as it contains all the content from the previous DoW2 titles.
Hmmm, a great recommendation! The scales are tipping slightly. :) Anyone else want to chime in as to why I should get Dawn of War? And if I did, should I go for the GotY for £2.49, the Gold Edition for £4.99 or the Master Collection with GotY and the 3 expansions for £7.49?
Post edited August 06, 2014 by Getcomposted

well spotted :) +1

Got dawn of war master pack, I have the origional game and soulstorm on disc in the loft somewhere I think, lost all the other discs so just got this pack :)

Considering blood bowl but undecided..
Getcomposted: No access to the Platinum edition. What we have in the UK is the Gold Edition with GotY and Winter Assault for £4.99 or the Master Collection with GotY, Winter Assault, Dark Crusade & Soulstorm for £7.49.
Darn, you guys don't have it easy either :(
DoW Gold is a must, assuming you like such games. For £2.50, I guess it's up to you to decide if you want to go all in. I've heard DC is decent and Soulstorm is crap :P
Getcomposted: Hmmm, a great recommendation! The scales are tipping slightly. :) Anyone else want to chime in as to why I should get Dawn of War? And if I did, should I go for the GotY for £2.49, the Gold Edition for £4.99 or the Master Collection with GotY and the 3 expansions for £7.49?
Holy crap! Dawn of War and the 3 expansions for £7.49? The Platinum costs €2.49 here!
Edit: Oh, I see. The GotY version is misleading and doesn't contain any expansion packs, while the Platinum contains only the GotY and the Dark Crusade expansion pack.
Post edited August 06, 2014 by Grargar
Grargar: Holy crap! Dawn of War and the 3 expansions for £7.49? The Platinum costs €2.49 here!
Regional pricing... *ragga, fracka, muggle*
Getcomposted: Regional pricing... *ragga, fracka, muggle*
1:1 is a common occurrence with $ and €, but it's a pretty rare occurrence to get 1:1 with £.
Grargar: Holy crap! Dawn of War and the 3 expansions for £7.49? The Platinum costs €2.49 here!
Edit: Oh, I see. The GotY version is misleading and doesn't contain any expansion packs, while the Platinum contains only the GotY and the Dark Crusade expansion pack.
Steamdb shows it containing Winter Assault, too, and some posts on Steam support this. Really, it's a stupidly good deal. I'm hoping someone in the EU would be willing to trade me for it.
Spinorial: Steamdb shows it containing Winter Assault, too, and some posts on Steam support this. Really, it's a stupidly good deal. I'm hoping someone in the EU would be willing to trade me for it.
Pretty strange, because on the Steam page it only shows it containing the base Dawn of War game and Dark Crusade. Meh, Steam is a damn mess.
Post edited August 06, 2014 by Grargar
Spinorial: Steamdb shows it containing Winter Assault, too, and some posts on Steam support this. Really, it's a stupidly good deal. I'm hoping someone in the EU would be willing to trade me for it.
A lot of people will be getting ready for bed. It's almost midnight in the UK (+1 GMT), so I'd bump your post when you're going to bed and hope EU GOGgers peruse the forums over breakfast. ;)
Getcomposted: A lot of people will be getting ready for bed. It's almost midnight in the UK (+1 GMT), so I'd bump your post when you're going to bed and hope EU GOGgers peruse the forums over breakfast. ;)
Heh, I wouldn't advise anyone to be doing trading before their coffee's kicked in :P