It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

isis12: As far as I know, at least some of those games are censored in Germany. Does anyone know whether or not that would be the case if I activate a key from this bundle, i.e. are there regional differences or is it the same international version for everyone?
Leroux: No idea, but in the past some games bought from Humble bundles, like Saints Row The Third, have been uncensored ROW versions that also worked for German accounts. That might have been before Humble switched the keys for activation via link to your Steam account though - I don't know if that has changed things. I guess the only way to find out is to try it (which I intend to do at some point, but I'll probably wait to see the BTA extras). In any case, I'd expect the DRM-free version of BioShock to be international and uncensored.
Thanks for the answer. Well, 7$ isn't that much so I just went ahead and bought the bundle. Is there a way to check what version of a game I got without installing, shooting people in the face and having a look at the color of the blood or whatever?
lotrotk: I just purchased that humble bumble, I was looking for a cheap way to get Bioshock 1 & 2 available for digital download. Then there's this Maffia II, which I already have. I think it's a game that had potential, nothing more, I found myself mostly driving from one spot to another to keep the custscene-composed story rolling on. Still, you want to try it out, the first of you gog'ers to send me a PM gets a Steam key. Shame such a masterpiece as Bioshock 1 can't be found on gog, though the humble sells it DRM free.
phandom: I'm interested in Mafia 2.
I don't see a PM button (don't know why, maybe you need more rep)
I too have the bioshock games and I don't want to buy the whole bundle just for mafia 2.
Ok you're the first to reply, so competition's over folks! I'll send a PM.
isis12: Thanks for the answer. Well, 7$ isn't that much so I just went ahead and bought the bundle. Is there a way to check what version of a game I got without installing, shooting people in the face and having a look at the color of the blood or whatever?
Hm, I don't know for sure, but if you've already activated the games on Steam, what I would do is right-click on BioShock, select Properties and then the Language tab. Since the store page says the cut version is only available in German, if you can select other languages here, it might be an indication that it's international and uncut?
Post edited July 09, 2014 by Leroux
phandom: I'm interested in Mafia 2.
I don't see a PM button (don't know why, maybe you need more rep)
I too have the bioshock games and I don't want to buy the whole bundle just for mafia 2.
lotrotk: Ok you're the first to reply, so competition's over folks! I'll send a PM.
Well that's amazing. Thank you very, very much!!!!
This isn't excactly a gifting thread so I'm double thankful for this.
isis12: Thanks for the answer. Well, 7$ isn't that much so I just went ahead and bought the bundle. Is there a way to check what version of a game I got without installing, shooting people in the face and having a look at the color of the blood or whatever?
Leroux: Hm, I don't know for sure, but if you've already activated the games on Steam, what I would do is right-click on BioShock, select Properties and then the Language tab. Since the store page says the cut version is only available in German, if you can select other languages here, it might be an indication that it's international and uncut?
Alright, I'm fairly positive it's one version for all. I installed Bioshock through Steam and can pick from several languages. Also, when you arrive in Rapture some dude is killed by a slicer and in the cut version there's supposed to be no blood in that sequence. Since there's blood in my version I guess that settles it. Don't have time to test the other games but it would be pretty surprising if they went international with one game and regional with others.
isis12: Alright, I'm fairly positive it's one version for all. I installed Bioshock through Steam and can pick from several languages. Also, when you arrive in Rapture some dude is killed by a slicer and in the cut version there's supposed to be no blood in that sequence. Since there's blood in my version I guess that settles it. Don't have time to test the other games but it would be pretty surprising if they went international with one game and regional with others.
Good to know, thanks!
Tarnicus: GOG ate my reply :(

I only purchased the first tier but the keys on that are separate and giftable. Unsure about the other 2 tiers.

To clarify they don't provide the keys like they used to, but each game is giftable and redeemable on Steam.
Ok cool. Yeah I've got some bundles from them which were aggregated games all on one key, and others using links instead of keys. Not keen on the aggregated keys unless I want all of the games within a grouping for sure but I'm ok with the links instead of keys. But it's good to know what you get in advance too. :) I think I'll hold off until the last day of the bundle or so as I'm not sure whether to just get the first tier for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, or to go for the 2nd tier also. Sometimes the prices drop over time after the initial popularity wave dies off on new bundles. Gives me time to see if anyone else has any problems, and to think about it instead of being too whimsical. :)

Has anyone who is a fan of the XCOM game series played The Bureau? Haven't really seen any comments about that particular game from fans of the series. Not a decision making factor though, just curious.
skeletonbow: Has anyone who is a fan of the XCOM game series played The Bureau? Haven't really seen any comments about that particular game from fans of the series. Not a decision making factor though, just curious.
"Betrayal! This game suuuuuuuuuuuuucks!"

Heh. It's a mediocre Mass Effect clone. At this price, you could do worse.
wy4786: I know I sound cheap, but is BioShock 2 or Mafia II worth beating the average?
FWIW, I didn't really enjoy BioShock 1..
Mafia II was a really fun game, but there is very little to do besides the main plot. If you like crime movies at all, then you'll definitely enjoy the narrative here.

It's a bit strange, though, that I've played through the first Mafia at least half a dozen times, but never had the urge to play Mafia II for a second time.
skeletonbow: Has anyone who is a fan of the XCOM game series played The Bureau? Haven't really seen any comments about that particular game from fans of the series. Not a decision making factor though, just curious.
I am a XCOM fan and Bureau is nothing like XCOM. It`s a Cover based-Shooter with Greys, basically, Mass Effect-style
Though your team mates are far less useful than in your usual game of this type, without much sense for selfpreservation. So you MUST spent as much time in tactical view, commanding your mates as you have time playing yourself ingame. In higher difficulty levels your mates become a bit more aware of their surroundings.
It's not a bad game par se but you see where the potential to be great was missed.
I actually liked it for it's quirkyness but that may be my sense of humor. :)
Post edited July 09, 2014 by dyscode
just wanted to say thanks for this tread im finding it more and more useful and thus wanted to share my thanks to all the contributions :D
(Sometimes) Tuesday - Pretentious Bundle
http://groupees.com/tuesday

Starts soon!

A $1 minimum campaign for the first 24 hours.
Game titles include: 1000 Amps, BorderZone, T.E.C. 3001, Pretentious Game, Making History II: The War of the World. Also bonus Music & Game.
Thanks for the input guys, not sure how to multi-quote. I actually quite enjoyed Gangsters..

Guess I'll give this pack a miss. If anyone has a spare Mafia II key, drop me a PM, perhaps we can work out a trade or sth.
Post edited July 09, 2014 by wy4786
Really Big Sky is this week's PC Gamer giveaway (requires Twitter this time):

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/09/free-steam-key/
Rakuru: Really Big Sky is this week's PC Gamer giveaway (requires Twitter this time):

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/09/free-steam-key/
Not for epileptic people O_o