It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Impaler26: They also have a few Star Wars games on sale for 66% off. I just tried to buy KOTOR and - BAM! - Steam servers are down. I love it when that happens! :D
Some pretty tempting deals there, e.g. KOTOR I & II, Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series. Perhaps it's time I pick up Dark Forces and see how far DarkXL development has come. :)
Star Wars Collection - 2014 - $$33.99
Starbound is 25% off at GMG using 9HZ09L-D4RYEU-FIW8BE (first discount for it anywhere AFAIK), voucher valid for 3 more days and for a dozen other games including Tropico 5 and Dark Souls 2.
chean: Some pretty tempting deals there, e.g. KOTOR I & II, Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series. Perhaps it's time I pick up Dark Forces and see how far DarkXL development has come. :)
Personally, I would advise against using DarkXL. It omits parts of the soundtrack and gave me constant crashes on a specific level (8 or 9) making it impossible for me to complete the game.
Grargar: Personally, I would advise against using DarkXL. It omits parts of the soundtrack and gave me constant crashes on a specific level (8 or 9) making it impossible for me to complete the game.
Yeah, I wouldn't rely on XL for a "real" playthrough in any case, since it's only an alpha; rather I'm curious to see how it's coming along. :) Though, it looks like XL development of late has been focused on Daggerfall anyway.
Impaler26: They also have a few Star Wars games on sale for 66% off. I just tried to buy KOTOR and - BAM! - Steam servers are down. I love it when that happens! :D
Anyone has played "Empire at War"? How is it?
justanoldgamer: Anyone has played "Empire at War"? How is it?
I have played the vanilla game without the expansion pack.
If you are a fan of SW, it's a must. Otherwise it's not a perfect game.
You have one Galaxy map similarly with other 4X games, but very light. The Galaxy map part of the game where you build ships and control your empire are in real time. Not turn based. Similarly to the older Star Wars Supremacy/Rebellion game (which I also like)
When you are ready to fight the game turns into regular RTS games. You deploy your units and try to win the battle. Most units have a paper scissors rock thing going on.
When you fight on planets you again have to deploy your units and try to kill all or fulfill objectives. The battles on the planets are more gamey IMO and artificially harder. Thankfully you can auto-result them.

It's a good game but not perfect.
trusteft: I have played the vanilla game without the expansion pack.
If you are a fan of SW, it's a must. Otherwise it's not a perfect game.
You have one Galaxy map similarly with other 4X games, but very light. The Galaxy map part of the game where you build ships and control your empire are in real time. Not turn based. Similarly to the older Star Wars Supremacy/Rebellion game (which I also like)
When you are ready to fight the game turns into regular RTS games. You deploy your units and try to win the battle. Most units have a paper scissors rock thing going on.
When you fight on planets you again have to deploy your units and try to kill all or fulfill objectives. The battles on the planets are more gamey IMO and artificially harder. Thankfully you can auto-result them.

It's a good game but not perfect.
Thank you, +1 for the helpful answer.
Dementium II worth $3.74? (Greenman's 20% voucher doesn't work on it unless your order totals to $10 or more)
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/nz/en/pc/games/indie/dementium-ii-hd/

I've heard that it was ported from the Nintendo DS and just prettied up a little bit for PC.
I'm also kinda thinking this is just a bare bones shooter about as sophisticated as the free "Dead Trigger 2" on Facebook...
carnival73: Dementium II worth $3.74? (Greenman's 20% voucher doesn't work on it unless your order totals to $10 or more)

I've heard that it was ported from the Nintendo DS and just prettied up a little bit for PC.
I'm also kinda thinking this is just a bare bones shooter about as sophisticated as the free "Dead Trigger 2" on Facebook...
I've dabbled in the first Dementium for the DS and so decided to pick this one up.

It looks and feels very much like a mid- to late-90's FPS, in terms of graphics, voice acting and gameplay. It had some technical issues at launch and, even though the developer was quite active both in the forums and in patching the game, I, for one, still get some odd issues (VSync still doesn't work for me and the soundtrack only comes from one speaker for me - which one depends on the way the character is facing).

It has its charm, but is by no means a good game. It can also be a bit challenging, even on normal (or maybe I really am that bad).

I also believe it has gamepad support, added post-launch, in case that helps sway you one way or another.
carnival73: Dementium II worth $3.74? (Greenman's 20% voucher doesn't work on it unless your order totals to $10 or more)

I bought that game on release and played a bit back then. The game has interesting surreal monster designs, and a good way of gradually opening up larger areas for you. Story and setting were good enough as far as I played, though not particularly original for a horror shooter. Graphics and animations are on the technical level of a game from 20 years ago - if the game has been "prettied up", then not by much. Where it really falls flat, though, is the fighting. Often it's just a repetitive sequence of moving forward, stabbing a knife into a a pixelated and badly animated mess, move backward to evade the counter attack, rinse and repeat. Personally I can't really recommend it, there are so many better horror shooters on the market.
Post edited May 01, 2014 by Psyringe
Sacred 2 Gold Edition is 80% off on GamersGate, 3.99$/3.99€/2.99£ and DRM-Free.
Space Trader (Steam), $0.50 (95% off) on Amazon
Groupees ahs 2 more deals running for bit more thatn 1 day

Vintage Year - Spotlight $1
procedural shooter in a wine cellar (yes you read that correctly)

And Space Ranger Arcade Shooter Kit
Design your own Shoot'em'Up.
$1 for the Game, $2 +OST and Concept Art PDF.
Post edited May 02, 2014 by dyscode
The game is very cool!
Much better than Rome 2, in my opinion.
Very big map, new features and cool graphics.
Especially like the fact that you can make a revolution and a coup in the country)