It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ofsaturn: Tomb Raider is on sale for $9.99 at Amazon.com. (It's a Steam key for the Standard Edition.)

I just picked this up for my brother. Does anyone know if the DLC typically goes on sale at Steam when the base game gets a discount? I'm wondering if I should get him the DLC now or wait for a potential 50-75% off sale this winter...
usually the DLC goes on sale, too. So WAIT until they are on sale! They are nice gimmicks for 75% off but they are definitely NOT worth the full price and some of them are totally not worthwhile and take any challenge out of the game, like the skill DLCs (headshot, silencer, Instinct) that can be unlocked in the game for free - by actually playing it! Gosh! ;)
While others are only for use in multiplayer.

The Lost Tomb DLC just expands the game maybe like 30 minutes at best but gets you some good amount of experience points.

They only really worthwhile fun DLC for me are the Lara skins, they contribute to a nicer ambience and can not be unlocked by playing. And I got the silencer (but have not activated it yet), because it is really expensive to unlock by scavanging enough crates ingame.
You mileage may vary, though :)
Post edited October 09, 2013 by dyscode
dyscode: usually the DLC goes on sale, too. So WAIT until they are on sale!
Nice, thank you!
Post edited October 11, 2013 by ofsaturn
Vitek: Good, my day is getting even better.

Mafia, here I come.

I find it quite absurd, though. GreenManGaming as main sponsor provides Steam codes of those games. I would expect them to promote their own service more than Steam.
Its offline now, its dam slow all the time :/
new indiebundle.org bundle, http://indiebundle.org/horror-bundle/

$5
The Grave Digger
The Horror at MS Aurora
Into the Dark

$7
Enola (alpha)
Into the Ice (alpha)
The Horror at MS Aurora OST

All come with Desura codes
Post edited October 10, 2013 by amok
Daily Deal on GG is Jet Set Radio. Good Old Game it seems :D and incredibly cheap:

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-JSR/jet-set-radio

1euro / 0.75 pounds
The IndieGala October Bundle

Pay minimum $1 to get Steam & Desura keys!

RefleX Soundtrack Included (Desura)
Eryi's Action (Desura)
Satazius - (Steam)
Mystery title - Unlocks 2nd Week (Steam)
Mystery title - Unlocks 2nd Week (Desura)

Pay more than $4.99 to unlock these games!

Fairy Bloom Freesia Soundtrack Included (Steam)
Gorky 17 (Steam)
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition (Steam)
Two Worlds II (Steam)
Two Worlds II Pirates of the Flying Fortress DLC (Steam)
Crusader Kings II (Steam)
Ether Vapor Remaster Soundtrack Included (Steam)
Post edited October 10, 2013 by triock
triock: Pay more than $4.99 to unlock these games!
The frozen price is only for the first 8 hours (so for about 4 hours more), after this is will follow the strange BTA prices IndieGala uses.
amok: new indiebundle.org bundle, http://indiebundle.org/horror-bundle/
Not bad, I've been interested in The Horror at MS Aurora for a while, so might be worthwhile for that one. Into the Ice has been looking promising as well. Also hoping that Enola gets into final sometime soon.
amok: new indiebundle.org bundle, http://indiebundle.org/horror-bundle/
IAmSinistar: Not bad, I've been interested in The Horror at MS Aurora for a while, so might be worthwhile for that one. Into the Ice has been looking promising as well. Also hoping that Enola gets into final sometime soon.
Judging on how "Into the Dark" from Homegrown was recieved I'd stay away from this studio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qzY49-iK-A
Post edited October 10, 2013 by dyscode
dyscode: Judging on how "Into the Dark" from Homegrown was recieved I'd stay waway from this studio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qzY49-iK-A
Thanks for the info. I do tend to shy away from alphas in general, but don't mind trying them when they are part of a pack. But yes, this sounds like one to let go to release before bothering with.
triock: Pay more than $4.99 to unlock these games!
amok: The frozen price is only for the first 8 hours (so for about 4 hours more), after this is will follow the strange BTA prices IndieGala uses.
Do IndieGala prices tend to drop over time after the lock? I seem to remember they might, but after my baby was born, my head has flushed everything I once deemed useful. :D

And do you know if they'll do the buy-one get-two-or-three free thing (happy hour or something like that).
amok: The frozen price is only for the first 8 hours (so for about 4 hours more), after this is will follow the strange BTA prices IndieGala uses.
Tallima: Do IndieGala prices tend to drop over time after the lock? I seem to remember they might, but after my baby was born, my head has flushed everything I once deemed useful. :D

And do you know if they'll do the buy-one get-two-or-three free thing (happy hour or something like that).
Yeah, Happy Hour is IG thingy.
Tallima: Do IndieGala prices tend to drop over time after the lock? I seem to remember they might, but after my baby was born, my head has flushed everything I once deemed useful. :D

IndieGala may or may not drop... they have used some strange calculations in the past, and it is not always the average which have been counted.

edit - and yes, they tend to have a couple of happy hours for each bundle, but more towards the middle and end of its lifespan.
Post edited October 10, 2013 by amok
If you missed the chances before Survior Squad is €1.75/$2.25 on GG. DRM Free
less than 200BLC difference between the regions.
Post edited October 10, 2013 by dyscode
The Horror at MS Aurora has one of the most amazing soundtracks I've ever listened to.

I'm tempted to grab the bundle just for it, but I'm not sure yet.