It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

undeadcow: I have some stuff from Gamers Gate that claims to be DRM free. However, when I download it from their website it seems to only download a portal to the online filmes. When I run the program it begins to download the actual content. I'm a newbie but appearances are that there's no way to back up games from Gamers Gate since they installation files are hosted online behind a secondary installation wall, no way to directly download/retail the installation. Am I overlooking something?
How to back up DRM-Free GamersGate Games:

1. Download the GG downloader for the game, the link to this is in your account.
2. Run the downloader and let it download.
3. When it gets to the stage where the installer has started up, ignore the installer (don't progress through the installation, just leave the installer waiting).
4. Open the task manager.
5. Go to the processes tab and find the downloader in the list and end the task.
6. Go back to the installer and exit it.
7. Go into the folder that the downloader downloaded the files into and check the installer works.
8. Backup the folder.

Credits to SirPrimalform: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/backing_up_drm_free_gamersgate_game/post4
Post edited July 26, 2013 by JogsterXL
Stooner: Usually, you need only the downloader/installer manager from GamersGate.
undeadcow: I have some stuff from Gamers Gate that claims to be DRM free. However, when I download it from their website it seems to only download a portal to the online filmes. When I run the program it begins to download the actual content. I'm a newbie but appearances are that there's no way to back up games from Gamers Gate since they installation files are hosted online behind a secondary installation wall, no way to directly download/retail the installation. Am I overlooking something?
Yeah. You download the game with the downloader thingy and open the installer, then instead of installing the game, you go into the setup folder and copy these files elsewhere. Done. It's a bit annoying, but doable.
See? I love this forum...
Thanks!
Post edited July 26, 2013 by Stooner
Thanks Stooner, JogsterXL, and cich! +1s all around, I really appreciate the GG backup tricks.
undeadcow: Thanks Stooner, JogsterXL, and cich! +1s all around, I really appreciate the GG backup tricks.
Likewise, pluses to all the helpful GOGnards! Much ta.
Shiny Loot as now got some Nordic games, and are celebrating with a -75% sale on them

http://www.shinyloot.com/nordic-games-sale

This includes DRM free version of Gothic 4: Arcania, not sure if it is sold DRM free elsewhere?
Sweet Christmas, those are some good bargains. Will have to nab some of those, such as ones that aren't on GOG like Railroad Pioneer. Thanks!
Post edited July 26, 2013 by IAmSinistar
amok: Shiny Loot as now got some Nordic games, and are celebrating with a -75% sale on them

This includes DRM free version of Gothic 4: Arcania, not sure if it is sold DRM free elsewhere?
Is this site legit? Because... HOLY CRAP DEALS!
amok: Shiny Loot as now got some Nordic games, and are celebrating with a -75% sale on them

hkabik: Is this site legit? Because... HOLY CRAP DEALS!
Yes, it is. Still in Beta, but it is steadily improving.
Hmm.. that Dungeon Lords game looks interesting, but the reviews doesn't help...

some nice prices there, but still £5 for Arcania gothic 4 is a fucking rip off,
Stooner: Hmm.. that Dungeon Lords game looks interesting, but the reviews doesn't help...
Dungeon Lords is an OK game, the original version was more buggy than than anything else ive played but it has been worked on since release and I believe the 2012 version which is the current one sold i believe should be much better, its fun but forgettable
Post edited July 26, 2013 by reaver894
reaver894: Dungeon Lords is an OK game, the original version was more buggy than than anything else ive played but it has been worked on since release and I believe the 2012 version which is the current one sold i believe should be much better, its fun but forgettable
Thank you. ;p
Square Enix Sale at GreenmanGaming.com
75% off

hmm, same thing on GetGamesGo.com
Post edited July 26, 2013 by Stooner
JogsterXL: How to back up DRM-Free GamersGate Games:

1. Download the GG downloader for the game, the link to this is in your account.
2. Run the downloader and let it download.
3. When it gets to the stage where the installer has started up, ignore the installer (don't progress through the installation, just leave the installer waiting).
4. Open the task manager.
5. Go to the processes tab and find the downloader in the list and end the task.
6. Go back to the installer and exit it.
7. Go into the folder that the downloader downloaded the files into and check the installer works.
8. Backup the folder.
Cracking a game doesn't make it DRM-free.
Hmm Guild 2 on sale, which makes me wonder, why does gog have Guild, but not Guild 2?