It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

^^ isnt that what is currently on a gog offer?
chezybezy: ^^ isnt that what is currently on a gog offer?
Gog is $2.49 . Funny how its on sale on that Humblestore as well...
nijuu: Gog is $2.49 . Funny how its on sale on that Humblestore as well...
thanks! wasnt sure. i think i picked it up for 3.99 a while back, still not got around to playing it, not sure if i even like it ><, but at that price you cant go wrong! plus you get the choice of platform there so awesome!
Mac Game Store (not to be mixed up with the App store) has a large sale on. Nothing mind-blowing, but it is nice to see Arkham City for $20. I still have a coupon from the last MGS sale, so $10, sweet!

Games are delivered by the Mac Game Store client, which was hilariously broken wayyy back in june 2013. To recap, summer was just starting, Haswell was transitioning from a product that Intel was shipping into a product that stores were receiving, and the new Xbox wasn't called the One yet. Halcyon days. Anyways, there was a 6 Feral games for $20 deal going on, and the client couldn't actually download what you bought during the deal. A week later it was finally fixed, but it was a generally brilliant move to spread the word to stay away.

Well, if you did buy that 6 for $20 deal, the coupon that you got then is still usable now. I just got Arkham City for $10, and it is in all probability downloading now. The Feral games I got before completely use Feral's own 5 activation DRM, MGS just delivers an unaltered DMG from Feral. Once you find the DMG that Mac Game Store delivers, you can back that up, save your activation key, delete the client, and never deal with MGS again.
Post edited June 21, 2013 by pen_sq
nijuu: Gog is $2.49 . Funny how its on sale on that Humblestore as well...
It's on sale on the FTL website themselves as well, also with DRM-free and Steam key. They tend to match any sales they have out there from what I can tell.
https://twitter.com/SunsideGames/status/348271043007356929
For a limited time only, through June 30th 2013, purchase Crow on Desura and get Abducted Episode 1 for free.
http://www.desura.com/games/crow
New Getloadedgo is live:

You can get 2 games for 12€

Dishonored
The Elder Scrolls III - GOTY
The Elder Scrolls IV - GOTY
Fallout 3 - GOTY
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Pack
Doom 3 BFG
Hunted
Brink Rage
Foxhack: Is the digital art book a BTA bonus? I already have everything except that and would pay one dollar for it alone.
Region blocked yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. >:|
Were you able to get it my Mexican friend? I can if you want.
pen_sq: Mac Game Store (not to be mixed up with the App store) has a large sale on. Nothing mind-blowing, but it is nice to see Arkham City for $20. I still have a coupon from the last MGS sale, so $10, sweet!

[...]

Well, if you did buy that 6 for $20 deal, the coupon that you got then is still usable now. I just got Arkham City for $10, and it is in all probability downloading now. The Feral games I got before completely use Feral's own 5 activation DRM, MGS just delivers an unaltered DMG from Feral. Once you find the DMG that Mac Game Store delivers, you can back that up, save your activation key, delete the client, and never deal with MGS again.
Thanks for the info.
I always wondered how the MGS Client works exactly. As much I love the IMG forums, I never had much enticement to buy from the Store, because of the client. Not buying much Mac game these days anyway.

They have Borderlands 2 for $10! BUt seems like the Online crossplatform compatibility is mostly broken.
Post edited June 22, 2013 by dyscode
lorek: https://twitter.com/SunsideGames/status/348271043007356929
For a limited time only, through June 30th 2013, purchase Crow on Desura and get Abducted Episode 1 for free.
Got it DRM free in the support Greenlight Groupees bundle...didn't seem like there was very much to the game. Kinda short.
lorek: https://twitter.com/SunsideGames/status/348271043007356929
carnival73: Got it DRM free in the support Greenlight Groupees bundle...didn't seem like there was very much to the game. Kinda short.
Then I have good news for you. You will get a Desura key soon. Check the Desura page for more info.
Game.co.uk Digital Download Deals:
Civilization V Gold Edition - £7.50
Empire: Total War £3.50
Sid Meier's Civilization V £5.00
Total War Grand Master Collection £30.00
XCOM: Enemy Unknown £9.99
Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai £6.25
Total War Master Collection £18.75

not sure about the current prices of any of these (been outa the loop lately) but thought id put em up.
at least you get points too.
Post edited June 22, 2013 by chezybezy
dyscode: I always wondered how the MGS Client works exactly. As much I love the IMG forums, I never had much enticement to buy from the Store, because of the client. Not buying much Mac game these days anyway.

They have Borderlands 2 for $10! BUt seems like the Online crossplatform compatibility is mostly broken.
That's just how MGS works with Feral titles, I have no idea what they do for any other publisher. Feral is kinda unique in having their own activation system that they bring to any store they're at. Most other publishers just kinda go along with whatever DRM the store has, and throw on SecuROM for good measure. I wouldn't take a chance on any other games without a crazy-good sale, such as $10 Bioshock Infinite.

Borderlands 2 is worth it. You're getting a PC+Mac Steam key there, so again no MGS pain. The compatibility goes at the speed of Aspyr, as soon as they get caught up on the latest PC patch, another one goes out and breaks cross-platform again. There is no other Mac-ism holding it back, at some point the devs on BL2 will shift over to working on BL3, and Aspyr will finally be able to catch up. Guessing whether Aspyr still wants to finish the job at that point cracked my magic eight-ball, though.

You'll end up playing one toon solo on Mac, and a multiplayer toon in Bootcamp. As far as the baseline Borderlands experience goes, you pretty much have to be the same level to play multiplayer, so running multiple characters is a given anyway. Parallels 8 works reasonably with BL2, you'll pay maybe half the framerate for the privilege. The Radeon 6750M was enough to get through the game in Parallels, but it definitely hurt my already mediocre marksmanship. Still worth it for the convenience.
Post edited June 22, 2013 by pen_sq
dyscode: I always wondered how the MGS Client works exactly. As much I love the IMG forums, I never had much enticement to buy from the Store, because of the client. Not buying much Mac game these days anyway.

pen_sq: That's just how MGS works with Feral titles, I have no idea what they do for any other publisher. Feral is kinda unique in having their own activation system that they bring to any store they're at. Most other publishers just kinda go along with whatever DRM the store has, and throw on SecuROM for good measure. I wouldn't take a chance on any other games without a crazy-good sale, such as $10 Bioshock Infinite.

Borderlands 2 is worth it. You're getting a PC+Mac Steam key there, so again no MGS pain. The compatibility goes at the speed of Aspyr, as soon as they get caught up on the latest PC patch, another one goes out and breaks cross-platform again. There is no other Mac-ism holding it back, at some point the devs on BL2 will shift over to working on BL3, and Aspyr will finally be able to catch up. Guessing whether Aspyr still wants to finish the job at that point cracked my magic eight-ball, though.

You'll end up playing one toon solo on Mac, and a multiplayer toon in Bootcamp. As far as the baseline Borderlands experience goes, you pretty much have to be the same level to play multiplayer, so running multiple characters is a given anyway. Parallels 8 works reasonably with BL2, you'll pay maybe half the framerate for the privilege. The Radeon 6750M was enough to get through the game in Parallels, but it definitely hurt my already mediocre marksmanship. Still worth it for the convenience.
I get my Feral games on The Mac App Store. There is no special activation on Feral titles there. It's just the same as purchasing any other game there. Aspyr games i prefer to get on Steam but I've gotten some on the App Store depending on what was available where and for what price on sale, etc.

That is interesting about BL2 on Parallels with the GPU. I have Parallels 8 myself but have shied away from trying newer titles with it. I should where I dislike rebooting so much. I'm already setup with my bootcamp Win7 install as a VM with Parallels so it simple enough to test anything in both places. I've got a Radeon 6970m in my system and can probably run a fair amount of newer games in a VM. I'm fine with anything that looks decent (does not need to be max) and can maintain a steady 30 FPS or better. The one exception would be any online shooter I'd rather just run full tilt with bootcamp. I don't spend much time on those anymore though.
dirtyharry50: I get my Feral games on The Mac App Store. There is no special activation on Feral titles there. It's just the same as purchasing any other game there. Aspyr games i prefer to get on Steam but I've gotten some on the App Store depending on what was available where and for what price on sale, etc.

That is interesting about BL2 on Parallels with the GPU. I have Parallels 8 myself but have shied away from trying newer titles with it. I should where I dislike rebooting so much. I'm already setup with my bootcamp Win7 install as a VM with Parallels so it simple enough to test anything in both places. I've got a Radeon 6970m in my system and can probably run a fair amount of newer games in a VM. I'm fine with anything that looks decent (does not need to be max) and can maintain a steady 30 FPS or better. The one exception would be any online shooter I'd rather just run full tilt with bootcamp. I don't spend much time on those anymore though.
Oh yeah, I did derp a bit about the MAS. Apple has the strictest digital store regarding many things, such as linking to the Dropbox website or using your own DRM scheme. On the plus side, Apple keeps it simple for the customers. On the minus, the MAS has been looking pretty stagnant, how much software could have been there with a little flexibility?

Enjoy Parallels while it's still here, MS seems more interested in killing VMs than improving graphics with the design of DirectX10+. I just keep Parallels in its own fullscreen Space, it's so easy to flip between a game bottled in there and the rest of my Mac apps. So much better than a native Fullscreen Mac app without the Lion fullscreen API (um, all of them?).