It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Want a new Zork-like game with a finger-busy real time combat system?
Are you an Indie Games Stand Stalker?

"World Away" = $2.50 on Desura.

http://www.desura.com/games/worlds-away/#3783413
carnival73: Want a new Zork-like game with a finger-busy real time combat system?

Ouch.. 3.7 is a very low rating on Desura. No idea if the game is bad, but that may put some people off.
Post edited May 13, 2013 by spoderman
dyscode: Though in the case of Feral the DRM is much nicer than Steam, 5 revocable activation at any time, only topped by the MacAppStore because you don't even need a serial number, while Steam is 1 active game at a time.
But this is my way, I made my choices :)
Pheace: Steam bothers you so much you prefer 5 activations over unlimited installs? :)
No, Steam does not bother me at all. And I am also talking about unlimited installs.
Maybe 'authorization' is the better notion. You can authorize the game to run on 5 machines at the same time.
And you can revoke any authorizaton at any time to move to another machine.
So you can infinitely run 5 copies at the same time.
:)

Pheace: Steam bothers you so much you prefer 5 activations over unlimited installs? :)
dirtyharry50: That must be for DVD copies. Feral games I've purchased on the Mac App Store allow you to install 5 copies concurrently, so it is okay to share purchases among family members and everyone can play at the same time, up to five at a time anyway. There is no activation/deactivation DRM on the App Store that I am aware of. The App Store does provide its own DRM system of some sort but it is not an intrusive thing I've ever seen or noticed and it does not require you to be online. Come to think of it, the App Store probably keeps track of how many copies you have installed and adjusts this number up and down as you install and remove them but it does so automatically in the background. The user is never bothered with it in any way unless you try to install a sixth copy with 5 already installed I guess. This is pretty generous though. I don't know of anywhere else that would let you buy a game and then let four other people in your home install and play it too at the same time you are. That is a pretty cool benefit for some folks.
Sorry I was unclear in my post but that's what I was trying to say.
:D

PS: anyone said Orcs Must Die Midweek on GG?
Orcs 1 and DLC -75 and Orcs 2 and DLC -50%
Post edited May 13, 2013 by dyscode
dyscode: PS: anyone said Orcs Must Die Midweek on GG?
Orcs 1 and DLC -75 and Orcs 2 and DLC -50%
This ends on Thursday:
Orcs must die! Game of the Year edition 2.99 EUR (-75%), must be activated on Steam
Orcs must die! 2 - Complete Pack 5.75 EUR (-75%), must be activated on Steam, also contains the soundtrack
DLCs alone are between 50 and 75% off.

Daily Deals:
Monday: 4 Elements 4.98 EUR (-50%), DRM free
Tuesday: Cargo Commander 1.74 EUR (-75%), Steam
Wednesday: 7.62 - High Calibre 3.74 EUR (-75%), SecuRom
Other offers includes
Strategic War in Europe (DRM free),
Deadblock (DRM free), and
Colin McRae DiRT 2 (Steam)
currently without discount, so maybe these are the daily deals later this week.

Other offers not mentioned:
Primal Carnage 4.74 EUR (-66%), Steam
Dungeon Gate 6.71 EUR (-25%), DRM free

Matrix Games' deal of the week:
Commander - Napoleon at War (2008): 16.99 EUR / $19.99
[url=http://matrixgames.com/products/366/details/Crown.of.Glory:.Emperors.Edition]Crown of Glory - Emperors Edition[/url] (2009): 24.99 EUR / $29.99
Post edited May 13, 2013 by The-Business
dirtyharry50: The other two major players are releasing their ports on Steam which is great. I wish Feral would get on the ball and work out an arrangement as well. Meantime, I am sort of on the fence about which way to go with this. It's probably nuts to blow an extra 30 plus dollars for a game just to avoid rebooting into Windows which is really not a big deal but on the other hand, it is nicer still to remain in my preferred environment now, OS X. I have the worst damned time with making decisions and often change my mind. lol
dyscode: I actually prefer booting into Window. Since I don't use it for anything else than gaming, it's like ' No Work, no emails - just me and my game'-feeling. This is actually quite realxing and adds to my immersion a lot more. When palying on OS X it's mostly shorter session inbetween things to do.

Also, I'd rather sacrifice the 30-40sec to boot into Windows for getting my games for $5 to $10.
I'll take Mac games as a convenience along the road that never bothers me on deciding which games to get.
I've been using Parallels fairly successfully on my machine, though yes, work and chat are just a Cmd-Tab away.
Reverb Publishing Midweek on GG (Ravaged, Primal Carnage and Rocketbirds Hardboiled Chicken)
The-Business: Other offers includes
Strategic War in Europe (DRM free),
Deadblock (DRM free), and
Colin McRae DiRT 2 (Steam)
currently without discount, so maybe these are the daily deals later this week.
They aren't discounted, but for some weird reason they are stuck on the sales list for a while now. It's very unlikely that these are the intended sales for the rest of the week.
carnival73: Want a new Zork-like game with a finger-busy real time combat system?

spoderman: Ouch.. 3.7 is a very low rating on Desura. No idea if the game is bad, but that may put some people off.
I don't take ratings without reviews seriously. Too easy to defame someone you don't like that way.
What does trigger me to insta-runaway, however, is "Game crashes" or "Game pad / Keyboard issues" complaints from multiple people.
Post edited May 13, 2013 by carnival73
Saint's Row: The Third (Both base game and Full Package) discounted up to 66% as well as 50% off The Witcher II

http://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/ (no referral links)
spoderman: Ouch.. 3.7 is a very low rating on Desura. No idea if the game is bad, but that may put some people off.
carnival73: I don't take ratings without reviews seriously. Too easy to defame someone you don't like that way.
What does trigger me to insta-runaway, however, is "Game crashes" or "Game pad / Keyboard issues" complaints from multiple people.
I don't take ratings that seriously either, but 3.7 is pretty damn low for Desura, it's something worth considering. I'd say about 99% of my game collection on Desura is above a 3.7 rating.. and I have over 300 games on my account. People normally overrate games on there, regardless if theres a review or not. Oh well, if it's just a case of the game being defamed for a bad reason, maybe the score will get brought back up.

EDIT: Just checked, only have 1 game on my list that's 3.4. All the rest are higher than 3.7..
Post edited May 13, 2013 by spoderman
The-Business: Primal Carnage 4.74 EUR (-66%),
Too bad it's multiplayer only .
dyscode: I actually prefer booting into Window. Since I don't use it for anything else than gaming, it's like ' No Work, no emails - just me and my game'-feeling. This is actually quite realxing and adds to my immersion a lot more. When palying on OS X it's mostly shorter session inbetween things to do.

Also, I'd rather sacrifice the 30-40sec to boot into Windows for getting my games for $5 to $10.
I'll take Mac games as a convenience along the road that never bothers me on deciding which games to get.
BoxOfSnoo: I've been using Parallels fairly successfully on my machine, though yes, work and chat are just a Cmd-Tab away.
Yes, Parallels is also solid and nice but on my low specs Mac, well, for more than some pre 2003 games or Point & Click adventures. I can forget it. With a decent GFX card, it's a whole different thing.
But I only use it for Tools, like Freehand or Photoshop. :)
The new Indie Royale The Mayhem Bundle is up, go and check it out:

Burn Zombie Burn! - (Steam)
Lucius - (Steam)
Plain Sight - (Steam)
Alien Shooter 2: Conscription - (Steam)
Primal Fears - (Steam)
Droplitz - (Steam)
??? - Mystery Game

http://www.indieroyale.com
Lucius and Alien Shooter 2: Conscription are also for Desura and Windows (= DRM free?).
The-Business: Lucius and Alien Shooter 2: Conscription are also for Desura and Windows (= DRM free?).
There are no tags on the Desura page for either, so yes, I think.
Post edited May 13, 2013 by amok