It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'd like to ask for some input regarding Dreamfall, which is on sale for $6 on GOG.
Worth it for the price?
IMHO story is a half baked version of The Longest journey (which I already have and love) with nothing really new and gameplay is flawed end to end from what I gather and Dreamfall Chapters, is coming anyway finishing what Dreamfall couldn't.

So does it make sense to buy it, since $6 would be the maximum I ever care to spent on that game?

thanks, :)
I'm not Captain Adventure, but there's a PWYW adventure game pack at Gamezebo at the moment.

Dark Souls PTD is back to $12.90 / £8.66 for the region-free EU Steam Code at Play-Asia.

Tony at Amazon says that people who bought Hitman Absolution for $7.49 will find a $2.50 credit in their account! :)

Up to 75% off Codemasters games at GetGamesGo. Nothing particularly great - $2.49 Clive Barker's Jericho, perhaps. Or if you have a sense of humor, Aliens: Colonic Morons is $16.99 in their Spring Bestsellers Sale. (Strange to see that Bioshock Infinite wasn't a bestseller for them!)
dyscode: I'd like to ask for some input regarding Dreamfall, which is on sale for $6 on GOG.
Worth it for the price?
IMHO story is a half baked version of The Longest journey (which I already have and love) with nothing really new and gameplay is flawed end to end from what I gather and Dreamfall Chapters, is coming anyway finishing what Dreamfall couldn't.

So does it make sense to buy it, since $6 would be the maximum I ever care to spent on that game?

Warning, little spoilers ahead

April is still part of the game, but got their own sidestory. Dreamfall is about the new protagonist Zoey and here own story. Gameplay is indeed different, they tried to make it more actionish at some point, but you can still play it as an adventure game. The story is in my eyes great, but there is a big problem with it: to the end different every protagonist (it's not only Zoey and Apirl) will follow their own sidestory and every of that end in cliffhangers. I guess that's because they planned to release episodes and so could do for every protagonist it's own little episode.

But to answer you question: The game itself is very good and as you already enjoyed The Longest Journey you will storywise very likely enjoy this one. If you want to get Chapters, it's maybe the best to play/replay Dreamfall shortly before. So my advise would be to get Dreamfall now if you're in the mood to play an adventure right now and cliffhangers are no problems for you. If cliffhangers are a problem for you (it was for me, that's why I'm happy to get some answers in Chapters ), wait and get it together or shortly before Chapters. I wouldn't be surprised if Dreamfall will go on sale again before the release of Chapters.
Post edited May 10, 2013 by DukeNukemForever
Nuuvem :

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/promo/epic-weekend
PenguinJim: I'm not Captain Adventure, but there's a PWYW adventure game pack at Gamezebo at the moment.
snip
Why are games where the protagonist has some kind of "adventure" called adventure games these days?
None of these games are adventure games (there're time management, match 3, platformer and HOG games) except maybe for The Tiny Bang Story (haven't played it, read that it's along in line with Amanita games).

Sigh...
Gamefly has a bunch of EA packs for sale this weekend, but they're all regionally restricted to the US and Canada. >:\
Looks like System Shock 2 finally released on Steam as well today, and it went straight to a -30% promo 6,99
HypersomniacLive: except maybe for The Tiny Bang Story (haven't played it, read that it's along in line with Amanita games).
The Tiny Bang Story is something like 70% HOG, 20% various logic games and 10% puzzle :P
Foxhack: Gamefly has a bunch of EA packs for sale this weekend, but they're all regionally restricted to the US and Canada. >:\
The following packs are available in here :

Crysis Collection £15.99
Dragon Age Bundle £14.99
Kingdoms of Amalur Complete £14.99
Bulletstorm and Syndicate Bundle £14.99

Pheace: Looks like System Shock 2 finally released on Steam as well today, and it went straight to a -30% promo 6,99
Kids in these days . :p http://steamcommunity.com/app/238210/discussions/0/828938532655721952
Post edited May 10, 2013 by ne_zavarj
HypersomniacLive: except maybe for The Tiny Bang Story (haven't played it, read that it's along in line with Amanita games).
Vatiel: The Tiny Bang Story is something like 70% HOG, 20% various logic games and 10% puzzle :P
Thanks for that - so this is an adventure game bundle where none of the games is an actual adventure game ... nice ;P
Is Bully on PC worth $2.50? I heard it was pretty broken on PC.
StingingVelvet: Is Bully on PC worth $2.50? I heard it was pretty broken on PC.
Yea, I had retail and it was buggy as hell, always crashes.
Damn shame, Bully is a good game.

Played it on a PS2, but I bet that it would look and play so much better on PC if the port wasn't so shit.
StingingVelvet: Is Bully on PC worth $2.50? I heard it was pretty broken on PC.
I'm playing it right now and don't have any problems but it's clearly a hackjob. The options are few, the optimization is awful, and it plays a lot better with a controller. Still, you shouldn't expect any serious trouble. I got it for $2.50 and it was definitely worth that.

To elaborate: I'm pretty sure the game has been patched up since release. I've read it still has some memory leakage but I haven't experienced any crashes myself.
Post edited May 10, 2013 by cich
dyscode: I'd like to ask for some input regarding Dreamfall, which is on sale for $6 on GOG.
Worth it for the price?

DukeNukemForever: Warning, little spoilers ahead

April is still part of the game, but got their own sidestory. Dreamfall is about the new protagonist Zoey and here own story. Gameplay is indeed different, they tried to make it more actionish at some point, but you can still play it as an adventure game. The story is in my eyes great, but there is a big problem with it: to the end different every protagonist (it's not only Zoey and Apirl) will follow their own sidestory and every of that end in cliffhangers. I guess that's because they planned to release episodes and so could do for every protagonist it's own little episode.

But to answer you question: The game itself is very good and as you already enjoyed The Longest Journey you will storywise very likely enjoy this one. If you want to get Chapters, it's maybe the best to play/replay Dreamfall shortly before. So my advise would be to get Dreamfall now if you're in the mood to play an adventure right now and cliffhangers are no problems for you. If cliffhangers are a problem for you (it was for me, that's why I'm happy to get some answers in Chapters ), wait and get it together or shortly before Chapters. I wouldn't be surprised if Dreamfall will go on sale again before the release of Chapters.
thanks for the insight, DNF :)
I guess I will wait how Chapters will be.
Post edited May 10, 2013 by dyscode