It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Doesn't one of the Jedi Knight games, maybe Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, use CD audio for its music which is missing in the Steam release?

Did they ever fix that?

Imagine the movies without the music! Star Wars needs its music!

And the lyrics, of course.

Star Wars! Won-der-ful STAR Wars! Won-der-ful STAR Wars! It's won-der-fulllll!
Cripes, why the hell didn't I get a popup about the Star Wars sale?

And it's too bad this doesn't include the Lego Star Wars games. Really freakin' bad. :(
nijuu: Does Republic Commando work properly on WIndows 7 64 bit?
StingingVelvet: All these games do other than Jedi Knight, which runs okay it just has the movies windowed.
thanks for the confirmation. Need to buy the genuine one unlike the one i ummm borrowed :P.
Any recommendation for the JK games?. Best 2?
Already have all the JK games, even got a pile of fixes to banish Steam from them.
I remember RC as the only SW shooter without the fucking lightsabers. Which was awesome... Oh, and Empire at War was a decent RTS if memory serves...
grviper: Already have all the JK games, even got a pile of fixes to banish Steam from them.
I remember RC as the only SW shooter without the fucking lightsabers. Which was awesome... Oh, and Empire at War was a decent RTS if memory serves...
Dark Forces (1994) was lightsaberless too, don't forget!
nijuu: thanks for the confirmation. Need to buy the genuine one unlike the one i ummm borrowed :P.
I love Jedi Knight but it's pretty damn old now if you didn't play it when it came out. I think JK2 would hold up today though...
grviper: Already have all the JK games, even got a pile of fixes to banish Steam from them.
PenguinJim: Dark Forces (1994) was lightsaberless too, don't forget!
It was also fast and saveless. The perfect SW game.
Devil May Cry is / [url=http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-DMC4/devil-may-cry-4?caff=2157851]£3.74 at Gamersgate today (edit: NOT Steamworks. SecuROM!!).

Also the best price yet on Disciples: Reincarnation at (about $10 on the UK site, though, bleh!). This one's also Steamworks. Edit again: But also has [url=http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_3rd_Party_DRM_on_Steam#ACTControl]some machine activation limitations, suggesting 3rd party DRM as well.

Don't forget to drop the price further with coupon code elder-geek.com

Terrible price for Far Cry 3, though ($30/£18). It was £5 for Far Cries 1, 2 and 3 together a few months ago! ;)
Post edited May 03, 2013 by PenguinJim
My internet search has led me to believe that Kotor 2 is more like Blade Runner rather than Star Wars? Is that in any way true?
It's plenty Star Wars-y. Very similar in gameplay style to KotOR 1 and Mass Effect 1.

There's a nice Heroes of Might & Magic pack on Steam for US$5 at the moment. Includes Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Heroes V and both of its expansions. I've had my ($2.49) copy of Dark Messiah sat in my Steam inventory waiting for me to play it for nearly a year - if I didn't already have that, I'd definitely pick up this pack.
PenguinJim: It's plenty Star Wars-y. Very similar in gameplay style to KotOR 1 and Mass Effect 1.

There's a nice Heroes of Might & Magic pack on Steam for US$5 at the moment. Includes Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Heroes V and both of its expansions. I've had my ($2.49) copy of Dark Messiah sat in my Steam inventory waiting for me to play it for nearly a year - if I didn't already have that, I'd definitely pick up this pack.
Dark Messiah is an absolute MUST PLAY, if you don't play it you're doing yourself a grave disservice. After you play it you wish more games had Kick mechanics and killing mechanics in the game (being able to kick people into fire and kill them, etc).
StingingVelvet: All these games do other than Jedi Knight, which runs okay it just has the movies windowed.
nijuu: thanks for the confirmation. Need to buy the genuine one unlike the one i ummm borrowed :P.
I'd go with Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast.
GOG's EA promo weekend again. However, I think this is the first time Alpha Centauri has been on sale since they updated it to include the Alien Crossfire expansion..?
StingingVelvet: Works fine, never had any issues.
nightrunner227: Is your pc 64- or 32-bit?
I have Win7 x64.
Here is what I tried already: http://goo.gl/D6NU7
(Link leads to my google docs games performance spreadsheet.)
PenguinJim: Terrible price for Far Cry 3, though ($30/£18). It was £5 for Far Cries 1, 2 and 3 together a few months ago! ;)
That was an unintentional price drop though.

Profanity: My internet search has led me to believe that Kotor 2 is more like Blade Runner rather than Star Wars? Is that in any way true?
Both KOTOR games are a bit more cyberpunky than regular Star Wars, but it is still Star Wars, just set in a distant past.