It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

merow: IMO Adams Venture is awful and Last Half of Darkness is under average...
dyscode: They are surely not the best, I agree. Cannot comment on Last Half though.
@ Last Half of Darkness: there is a demo! It seems the story is rather(!) good, but its no eye- or ear-candy. But I dont know for sure too. But I heard more bad things about it...

Greets!
dyscode: I don't see anything from the Survival Ed. that makes it worthwhile gameplay wise.
It`s the kind of goodies I really don't care (at least not with this game), or do I miss something here?
Psyringe: Check my review for the survival edition, I mostly agree. :) The soundtrack is nice if you like the music, and the comic helps getting attached to the NPCs, but whether that's worth the extra charge is certainly debatable.
Thanks for the review, really helpful. Yes goddies are always a balance act, esp. if you have to pay for them. :)
Post edited April 29, 2013 by dyscode
Seeing as Legacy of Kain collection is on sale, how is the game? I've heard that it has a great story but abysmal gameplay.
Profanity: Seeing as Legacy of Kain collection is on sale, how is the game? I've heard that it has a great story but abysmal gameplay.
I assure you that story AND gameplay are stellar!

The thing is that the whole Kain Series MUST be played with a controller. It's useless otherwise.
And Soul Reaver 1 does not support Game Controllers (at least the GOG version does not)
you need a Key to Joystick remapper. here is a link on how to set it up with a Key/Joy software:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/pats_gamepad_profiles_for_xbox360gamepads_and_probably_all_xinput_devices
Were you guys aware that the Square Enix shop has knocked 75% off virtually everything? I bought over 20 games from them at the weekend, about half were Steam keys (mostly the new releases) and the rest were DRM free.

The Legacy of Kain games are 99p each (DRM Free). All the Thief and Deus-Ex, Tomb Raider, Hitman games are on sale.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned. Can't post the link as i'm a newbie :)
andynick: Were you guys aware that the Square Enix shop has knocked 75% off virtually everything? I bought over 20 games from them at the weekend, about half were Steam keys (mostly the new releases) and the rest were DRM free.

The Legacy of Kain games are 99p each (DRM Free). All the Thief and Deus-Ex, Tomb Raider, Hitman games are on sale.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned. Can't post the link as i'm a newbie :)
So, welcome to games sales addict thread.

Yes, the Square sale has been mentioned before. Nice you can still find so many games you don`t have ;)
Would be nice to share info on DRM when the shop does not mention it.

cheers
:) The reason I had so few is because up until a few months ago I was a console addict, but now i'm converting my games to the PC versions and selling off my 360 ones (Usually for a nice profit too).

Out the ones I bought the following were DRM Free

Battlestations: Midway
Championship Manager Series
Conflict: Denied Ops
Deus Ex: Game of the Year
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Just Cause
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2
Legacy of Kain: Defiance
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
Project: Snowblind
Republic: The Revolution
Rogue Trooper
StarTopia
Thief II: The Metal Age
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Thief: The Dark Project - Gold
Urban Chaos

The following were Steam Keys
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Supreme Commander 2
Mini Ninjas
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Dungeon Siege III
Battlestations: Pacific
Post edited April 29, 2013 by andynick
andynick: :) The reason I had so few is because up until a few months ago I was a console addict, but now i'm converting my games to the PC versions and selling off my 360 ones (Usually for a nice profit too).

Out the ones I bought the following were DRM Free

Battlestations: Midway
Championship Manager Series
Conflict: Denied Ops
Deus Ex: Game of the Year
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Just Cause
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2
Legacy of Kain: Defiance
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
Project: Snowblind
Republic: The Revolution
Rogue Trooper
StarTopia
Thief II: The Metal Age
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Thief: The Dark Project - Gold
Urban Chaos

The following were Steam Keys
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Supreme Commander 2
Mini Ninjas
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Dungeon Siege III
Battlestations: Pacific
Cool, thx :)
Psyringe: Where and when did you ask? It's definitely DRM-free on GamersGate, I own that version.
dyscode: Yes, I own it, too. But the GG specs description of the game does not have any info on DRM.
Exactly.

dyscode: [...]
Yes, the Square sale has been mentioned before. Nice you can still find so many games you don`t have ;)
Would be nice to share info on DRM when the shop does not mention it.
[...]
Well, there are some differences between the countries in the store from Square Enix. The American store for example provides keys for Steam for games like Rogue Trooper.
Funny thing is the response from their support quoted below.

Dear Larnackel,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We can confirm that Deus EX: Invisible War is DRM free, any game on the Store that require Steam or any other activation should be listed in the system requirements.

If you do require any further information please do contact us again.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team
[...]
I another answer the German upport told me, that all of the games were Steamworks and how beatiful Steam is. In fact they were wrong. Thief: The Dark Project - Gold, Deus Ex: Invisible War and Rogue Trooper all shipped without Steam.
Porkdish: I'm very tempted to get this, I love the look of the gameplay and the environments but ever since I watched Conan play it and a few other reviews I just cannot see myself playing past the first few deaths. Watching Lara grab at a tree branch with wide eyed panic because it has punched its way through her throat was just too much for me to endure for a game.
Psyringe: Yep, that was an unexpectedly gruesome scene for me as well. I think it's limited to one specific paragliding sequence fairly far into the game though. Most other death scenes are far less cruel, usually it's just the usual "character aches and falls to the ground" thing. However, unless there's a cheat to bypass it, you _will_ probably see the scene you described, it's unlikely that you can complete that sequence without dying at least once.
I got the parachute bit without dying
However its possible to get one very similar if you screw up a rapids bit but with a big metal pipe instead of tree
I can't deny I was shocked
Big_Boss: I just played this on PS3, a friend of mine lend me her copy.
I hated this game. I found it to be a simple Uncharted rip-off, with a boring plot and boring gameplay.
On Hard the game is easy as hell, there is no challenge at all.
There aren't puzzles, it's an "on rail title", and this is bad, because I really love old TR games (excluding the "new" trilogy). There are too many collectibles (but well, I just skipped them), the fake RPG system is simply boring.
And...there are TOO MANY cutscenes!
Oh. My. God. There is one cutscene per second! You walk, and BAM, cutscene.
You shoot some enemies, cutscene.
And Lara too, is the worst character I ever seen in the past five years... "Oh My God, what I've done"...PAM, and she kill a man with her axe in his head.
Ha, someone else who shares my opinion. I thought I was crazy or something.

It's the worst Tomb Raider game ever made. I can't even agree with the people that rattle on about its graphics - it's terrible (more polygons a beautiful scene do not make). The old Tomb Raiders has some really awe-inspiring vistas - the new one looks like Far Cry (hardly a work of art, but some people like that, I guess).

There are no real puzzles.

Tombs are tacked on just because and take 5 minutes to complete (there are half a dozen or so).

They have absolutely butchered one of the strongest female characters ever created in a video game. Props for sorting out the stupid anatomy, but the rest of her character was actually inspiring (Tomb Raider was one of the few titles with a majority female playerbase). She is now nothing more than someone doing what must be done to sruvive, which involves shooting indiscriminately like Bruce Willis having a fit, before turning into Mary Poppins after the fact. LARA USED TO VALUE HUMAN LIFE FFS - THAT'S WHY SHE WAS A BREATH OF FRESH AIR!!!! No moments of psychological tension when she faces off with the enemy and puts them in their place - using her intelligence, power and wit. Tomb Raider is now a 3rd person shooter, plain and simple.

It's a boring game of paint by numbers, so of course it's the fastest selling Tomb Raider ever. Tomb Raider fans beware - Angel of Darkness is the better game!!!

Probably not the correct place to rant, but it's been eating me up badly since I completed it a few days ago. =D
Matrix Games started their Deal of the Week promotion with Forge of Freedom and John Tiller’s Battleground Civil War discounted up to 60% this week. Details here

I can only say: Finally!
Gamersgate has a - The Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection - sale. 5,99€

[url=]http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection[/url]
I was looking at the Enix site and was surprised to see somebody remade Space Invaders, and is selling it for $15!! I guess people will buy anything.