It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Drakhyrr: I'm thinking about buying Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood on GamersGate, but I have a question to wich I couldn't find a clear answer around the internet.

The Deluxe Edition page says it includes two "exclusive" single-player maps plus the Da Vinci DLC. But apparently the DLC was released for free on the PC, and anyone can get it on Uplay. Do the two maps mentioned before come with it if I purchase the regular version?

Otherwise, the only interesting bonus content of the deluxe edition are the Codex and the soundtrack. Are they worth it?
Dude the last thing you need is more Assassin's Creed filler content.

Anyway, the AC2+ games have underground maps and shit that they could theoretically add in infinite. I think there were some exclusive to some edition or another, but seriously you don't care.
Drakhyrr: I'm thinking about buying Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood on GamersGate, but I have a question to wich I couldn't find a clear answer around the internet.

The Deluxe Edition page says it includes two "exclusive" single-player maps plus the Da Vinci DLC. But apparently the DLC was released for free on the PC, and anyone can get it on Uplay. Do the two maps mentioned before come with it if I purchase the regular version?

Otherwise, the only interesting bonus content of the deluxe edition are the Codex and the soundtrack. Are they worth it?
StingingVelvet: Dude the last thing you need is more Assassin's Creed filler content.

Anyway, the AC2+ games have underground maps and shit that they could theoretically add in infinite. I think there were some exclusive to some edition or another, but seriously you don't care.
I know, I'll probably pass very far from 100%-ing it anyway. It's just that OCD about having something incomplete. What about the non-game content, though?
Drakhyrr: It's just that OCD about having something incomplete.
The way the industry is now you REALLY have to get over that. You're a huge supple sheep in a den of wolves.
there's probably going to be easier 5 buck promo for Bf3 Friday from midday.saw it on an email newsletter. EA Australia origin.
base game apparently
details on their Facebook page.deal from midday to midnight
Post edited April 18, 2013 by nijuu
Drakhyrr: It's just that OCD about having something incomplete.
StingingVelvet: The way the industry is now you REALLY have to get over that. You're a huge supple sheep in a den of wolves.
At least in some cases, it's the industry who has to get over that, if they want my money. I'm not getting Mass Effect 2 without the DLC. Not even from Indie Gala.

The good news is that I don't care at all about extra multiplayer content, which is the focus of most games nowadays.
Drakhyrr: At least in some cases, it's the industry who has to get over that, if they want my money. I'm not getting Mass Effect 2 without the DLC. Not even from Indie Gala.
Fair enough. Keep in mind though like games themselves DLC varies wildly in value, importance and content. The added underground maps in AC2 are largely irrelevant, pointless and even make the game worse because it's too long already. In contrast the ME2 DLC, at least the story stuff, was pretty awesome and worth the money.

It all depends. My main point was you should never feel compelled to buy a DLC just for those OCD collector reasons. I think that just leads to waste and stress.
Amazons Deal of the Week 04/18-04/24 (until 11:59 PM PST):

FIFA Soccer 13 $9.99 (Origin, 75% off)
FIFA Manager 13 $9.99 (Origin, 75% off)

Eve Online: Starter Pack $4.99 (75% off, only for new users and including 30 days of game time)

Pet Pack - The Troobles: Second Life FREE if you connect your Second Life account to your Amazon account

Also on sale but not for a very good price are the MAC versions of Empire: Total War - Gold Edition ($19.99, 50% off, Download version) and Rome: Total War Gold Edition ($14.90, 50% off, Download version) and the surely stupid game Toilet Tycoon ($4.99, 50% off, Download version).
dyscode: EDIT: replaced GG.com links with cheaper GG.UK links

other deals on GG are:
Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection for £5.08, -66%, DRM Free
inkl.
- Baldur’s Gate & [url=http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-BG2C/baldurs-gate-ii-complete?caff=1869351]2 + Expansions
- Icewind Dale & [url=http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-IWD2/icewind-dale-2?caff=1869351]2 + Expansions
- Planescape: Torment
- The Temple of Elemental Evil
GG.UK link ~1000BC cheaper!

Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter Nights Complete £6.78, -66%
incl.
- Neverwinter Nights + 3 Expansion Packs, other DRM, NOT compatible Win 64Bit
- Neverwinter Nights 2 + 3 Expansions Packs, SecuRom, NOT compatible Win 64Bit
GG.uk link ~1000BC cheaper!
uqblf: Gamersgate.co.uk seems to be only cheaper if you are in (Western) Europe. US prices for these two items on Gamersgate.com are:
Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection $6.78 or 6 780 Blue Coins (about 1000 BC less)
Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter Nights Complete $10.18 or 10 180 Blue Coins (only about 170 BC less, but still...)
sorry, right now I am more EU-centric, I shoud just have copied the whole thing and adjust the .com - but who reads such information overflow posts? ;)
uqblf: and the surely stupid game Toilet Tycoon ($4.99, 50% off, Download version).
It was one thing when we were making games about boring stuff, now we're making games about stuff that no one wants anything to do with in the first place? WTF
Drakhyrr: At least in some cases, it's the industry who has to get over that, if they want my money. I'm not getting Mass Effect 2 without the DLC. Not even from Indie Gala.
StingingVelvet: Fair enough. Keep in mind though like games themselves DLC varies wildly in value, importance and content. The added underground maps in AC2 are largely irrelevant, pointless and even make the game worse because it's too long already. In contrast the ME2 DLC, at least the story stuff, was pretty awesome and worth the money.

It all depends. My main point was you should never feel compelled to buy a DLC just for those OCD collector reasons. I think that just leads to waste and stress.
Perhaps. Well, I did end up buying the standard version. It seems all the in-game content is in there as well. But you're right, it probably wouldn't have made a difference if they were not.

There are also some other games where I might make exceptions. Saint's Row The Third and Sleeping Dogs come to mind. I better begin to mind only meaningful DLC.
dyscode: sorry, right now I am more EU-centric, I shoud just have copied the whole thing and adjust the .com - but who reads such information overflow posts? ;)
Well it surely doesn't help that GG seems to show different prices for every other country out there. I just saw by chance that the Master Collection was at least for me quite a bit cheaper on the .com page.
uqblf: and the surely stupid game Toilet Tycoon ($4.99, 50% off, Download version).
stoicsentry: It was one thing when we were making games about boring stuff, now we're making games about stuff that no one wants anything to do with in the first place? WTF
Some idiots will buy them. Cue the guys from cheapassgamer lol
Anyone mention the Hellish Dungeons Bundle yet? Not a bad bundle.
Post edited April 19, 2013 by johnki
johnki: Anyone mention the Hellish Dungeons Bundle yet? Not a bad bundle.
Has its own thread.
Which games u like? I want Rogues tale and the Claustrophobia one.. but $7......
nijuu: Has its own thread.
Which games u like? I want Rogues tale and the Claustrophobia one.. but $7......
Dark Gates, Rogue's Tale and Guy vs blah blah all look interesting.