It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Well, in terms of cash the deal with all those D&D games is better.

But there is more to the individual evaluation of value than just price. Just some examples:

The GOG NWN2 release includes some nice goodies including 3 soundtracks and a hint guide for Westgate.

The GOG NWN2 release appeals to people who prefer to shop at GOG and limit how many retailers they buy from. This is a fairly common theme with consumers who tend to limit themselves to Steam or GOG or both or etc.

It is probably a fair assumption that many customers here already own the other D&D titles in that bundle making it much less appealing as a value. I for one don't need extra copies of all those games. I already own them on GOG. The only one I don't own on GOG is NWN2.

For less than four bucks savings I personally don't want another retail account to keep track of. I also want the extras. I don't need the other games. So, just for me anyway the GOG deal is preferable even though the price is a little higher.

I respect that this is a very subjective call but I can see both sides of the coin here. It's valid to point out the other deal for people and it's just as valid to reject it in favor of buying it at GOG.
dirtyharry50: I respect that this is a very subjective call but I can see both sides of the coin here. It's valid to point out the other deal for people and it's just as valid to reject it in favor of buying it at GOG.
Some good points there, although I would argue that it's far more common that people try to stick with a few client based places, and they make purchases *anywhere* as long as it gets their games there. That's far more common than people absolutely only buying at one place even if you can get the same cheaper elsewhere I think. (unless it gets it on their accounts of course but for DRM free that seems to be of lesser concern apparently).

And since these from the looks of it are probably DRM-free like the GG mirror packs by the same publisher you wouldn't have to keep track of another retail account for it. (I do see that point though, for me there's a lot of value in being able to download my purchase when I want it, it's probably one of the main purchasing points for me)

In the end though, although I can see the value of a few sound tracks and a guide for some, I don't feel it balances out in any way to the list of extra games you get in the other bundle which was what ... $21 on the last -75% GOG bundle sale? In the best case thats $24 versus 3 soundtracks, a guide and Mysteries of Westgate (an unrelated sidestory of ~15 hours). I'm probably tainted by the fact that I never cared for Sound tracks and guides anyway, but I don't feel that compares, at all :)

That said, if it's like in your case, where the only game you need is NWN2, then I'd probably get on GOG as well, if only to simply have it here and not somewhere else that I normally never use (+mysteries of Westgate)
Post edited January 24, 2013 by Pheace
I think the impulse version of NWN Complete has mysteries as well.
dirtyharry50: Well, in terms of cash the deal with all those D&D games is better.

But there is more to the individual evaluation of value than just price. Just some examples:

The GOG NWN2 release includes some nice goodies including 3 soundtracks and a hint guide for Westgate.

The GOG NWN2 release appeals to people who prefer to shop at GOG and limit how many retailers they buy from. This is a fairly common theme with consumers who tend to limit themselves to Steam or GOG or both or etc.

It is probably a fair assumption that many customers here already own the other D&D titles in that bundle making it much less appealing as a value. I for one don't need extra copies of all those games. I already own them on GOG. The only one I don't own on GOG is NWN2.

For less than four bucks savings I personally don't want another retail account to keep track of. I also want the extras. I don't need the other games. So, just for me anyway the GOG deal is preferable even though the price is a little higher.

I respect that this is a very subjective call but I can see both sides of the coin here. It's valid to point out the other deal for people and it's just as valid to reject it in favor of buying it at GOG.
Nwn2 is coming to GOG?
abolat: Nwn2 is coming to GOG?
It's here today, Check the front page. Or This Thread.
dirtyharry50: Well, in terms of cash the deal with all those D&D games is better.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/neverwinter_nights_2_complete

(lousy ninjas)
Post edited January 24, 2013 by Tallima
Coelocanth: It's here today, Check the front page. Or This Thread.
Awesome ;) time to wait for a sale now... :)
Tallima: http://www.gog.com/gamecard/neverwinter_nights_2_complete
(lousy ninjas)
Your effort has not been overlooked... Thanks
Post edited January 24, 2013 by abolat
1/27-2/2
$10 ($5 after coupon) Deadlight + Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet+ Iron Brigade + Mark of the Ninja + Toy Soldiers

YES YES YES! :)
grynn: 1/27-2/2
$10 ($5 after coupon) Deadlight + Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet+ Iron Brigade + Mark of the Ninja + Toy Soldiers

?
Indie GALA
Chaos on Deponia $4.79 ONLY NEXT 140mins
http://store.indiegala.com/index.php/chaos-on-deponia.html
grynn: 1/27-2/2

ne_zavarj: ?
Some guys here weren't believing this bundle would happen but Amazon Tony gave the date at last :)
dyscode: Indie GALA
Chaos on Deponia $4.79 ONLY NEXT 140mins
http://store.indiegala.com/index.php/chaos-on-deponia.html
Thanks for that info!
grynn: Some guys here weren't believing this bundle would happen but Amazon Tony gave the date at last :)
Thanks for the info .
grynn: Some guys here weren't believing this bundle would happen but Amazon Tony gave the date at last :)
Any word on the Fable Bundle? :(

Nvm, approved it seems, just waiting on the DLC keys, sweet.
Post edited January 24, 2013 by Pheace
Pheace: Any word on the Fable Bundle? :(
1/27-2/2
$10 ($5 after coupon) The Fable Bundle (Fable Lost Chapters + Fable III + FIII DLC)
$10 ($5 after coupon) Age of Empires III Complete Collection

:)