It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

misfire200: I have to wonder if GamersGate do not have a troll in the basement screwing with them. Every day they get at least one price wrong....what are the chances they screw it up every day and not by like a dollar but occasially up to 99% such as what 3 cents earlier for a game.....either their is a troll or they are doing this on purpose to get traffic.
Psyringe: If they were doing it on purpose, then they'd probably call it a Flash Sale and advertise it as such. I don't think that a fake error would provide any advantages over a well-advertised sale.

The much more likely explanation (imho) is that pricing is actually a pretty complex task. GamersGate has a catalog of nearly 5,000 games. These have different prices in dozens of different regions in the world. GamersGate also accepts several different currencies. Then there are constantly sales going on, and often several sales overlap each other. Finally, take into account that selling games is an extremely competitive business in which most companies can't afford the time and manpower to double- and triple-check their actions. It doesn't surprise me that such an environment creates mistakes.

GamersGate isn't the only company affected, either. We just had a rather spectacular case with Gameftop (or was it Gamefly?) selling FarCry 3 for under 7$, a fraction of its worth. Gamesplanet UK had several games for 100% off lately, which promptly crashed their servers until it got fixed.

We shouldn't take GOG (who make extremely few mistakes with pricing) as an example - GOG is actual an exception, because they have only a few fixed price points, accept only one currency, don't have regionally different prices, and have a smaller catalog than most other shops. With regard to susceptibility to mistakes, GOG and GamersGate are probably at the opposites ends of the spectrum. GOG lives in an environment that minimizes most causes for mistakes, GamersGate's environment is much more complex.
Very good points.

I also find it funny that people are on their facebook page have been saying how they have been hitting f5 for hours now...poor GG have caused there own customers to DDoS them.
This ErrorGate just make my day, i get my email confirmed order and it is enough, i will go outside to have some fun after 1.5 hour f5 :)
Post edited December 21, 2012 by metalkidz
Finally I have bought it myself. So much frustration and swearing but it was worth. Now just have to wait till GamersGate starts working again to get my codes and start downloading my Christmas gift.
danteveli: Finally I have bought it myself. So much frustration and swearing but it was worth. Now just have to wait till GamersGate starts working again to get my codes and start downloading my Christmas gift.
gratz dante
Foxhack: On another note, remember how I bought DarkStar off StrategyFirst's website?

It finished downloading this morning. All 12.6 GB[/b[ of it. Jesus!
Well, at least I'm not the only one who found the thing ridiculously slow. It was downloading at like 30 kb/s for me. Luckily Pathologic was only a bit over 1 gig.
Also, wow, I'm glad I picked up my IndieFort this morning. GamersGate really need to upgrade their tech support types.
Post edited December 21, 2012 by Gazoinks
DnD anthology (BG1+2, IWD1+2, PST, TOEE) is $5 atm on Gamersgate.
DnD Neverwinter Nights anthology (1 + 2 + expacs) is $14.95.

Think i'll be buying them from GG since I doubt GoG will beat those prices :/
Giltonnam: DnD anthology (BG1+2, IWD1+2, PST, TOEE) is $5 atm on Gamersgate.

Not sure how u could see them since the site is still playing sillybuggers

nijuu: Not sure how u could see them since the site is still playing sillybuggers
I can also confirm the anthology is $4.99=)

nijuu: Not sure how u could see them since the site is still playing sillybuggers
That's because Bethesda complete pack is $28ish atm (Skyrim, Obliv GOTYED, Morrowind GOTY, Dishonored, Rage, and a couple others).
Post edited December 22, 2012 by Giltonnam
on ErrorsGate i have my deal tucked into the Order History and it shows up as 'Pending'.
each round with Paypal after i log into Paypal it wants to send the transaction to ErrorsGate for the confirm, but it keeps timing out.

am i safe? can i wait til ErrorsGate is more functional, or will i run the risk of them pruning my pending transaction, and being back at Zero?

should i keep up with the F5ing along with all the other GG customers effectively DDoS them?

---
here on GOG and even IG do the confirm on the paypal side then ping me a success message when im passed back.
why does GG do this differently? :(
ErekoseDM: on ErrorsGate i have my deal tucked into the Order History and it shows up as 'Pending'.
each round with Paypal after i log into Paypal it wants to send the transaction to ErrorsGate for the confirm, but it keeps timing out.

am i safe? can i wait til ErrorsGate is more functional, or will i run the risk of them pruning my pending transaction, and being back at Zero?

should i keep up with the F5ing along with all the other GG customers effectively DDoS them?

---
here on GOG and even IG do the confirm on the paypal side then ping me a success message when im passed back.
I would hit refresh/try again button on the window when it popped up stating that the request timed out. I did that about 2-3 times and it went through still with no over charges or anything.
ErekoseDM: on ErrorsGate i have my deal tucked into the Order History and it shows up as 'Pending'.

---
Giltonnam: I would hit refresh/try again button on the window when it popped up stating that the request timed out. I did that about 2-3 times and it went through still with no over charges or anything.
thanks for the info Giltonnam!
ive been at it more than 3x though(maybe 20+ tries), but at least one of them went through.

i never hit any 'confirm' payment button but i just got a receipt for my Paypal at GG.
hopefully im not about to receive 500 more 'payments received' messages.
^_^

now to F5 my email account in terror >_<
Why's GG so slow? I mean, they fixed Age of Wonders pricing, what else could be there?
grviper: Why's GG so slow? I mean, they fixed Age of Wonders pricing, what else could be there?
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post33444 :)
In case anyone is wondering the Bethesda Bundle games are:

Brink Complete
Dishonored
Doom 3 BFG
Fallout 3 GOTY
Fallout NV Ultimate
Hunted Demon's Forge
Morrowind GOTY
Oblivion GOTY
Rage
Skyrim