It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

timppu: Yeah, everyone claims to have heard rumors from a friend of a friend that it is very simple and easy, yet when you ask concrete proof from them, they always seem to come empty.
JMich: Simple dll replacement, which may possibly need you to first legitemately run steam to get a decrypted executable.
It is odd that for something so allegedly so simple, the cracks/dll replacements/whatever sure seem to be hidden well from the public. Maybe it isn't quite as simple after all, maybe it is so version specific (both for the Steam and the game version), or the 3rd party DRM in Steam games makes it useless.

Your example was unfortunately about having to re-download a full "scene release", not a simple dll replacement or crack file. That was my original point: you end up having to redownload your Steam games as pirate torrents, just because for some odd reason the cracks are not available separately.

But yes, in some singular cases it may indeed be simple, like the X Superbox case... except that if I understood right, one of the X games will still stay DRM-fied even with those instructions... :)
Post edited December 20, 2012 by timppu
timppu: Your example was unfortunately about having to re-download a full "scene release", not a simple dll replacement or crack file. That was my original point: you end up having to redownload your Steam games as pirate torrents, just because.
Read the example again. Artic0ne had bought the game for himself, then applied the proper tools, and he uploaded his game. He could have just uploaded the tools, but demonoid didn't allow cracking tools to be uploaded (and quite a few people wouldn't bother). But the same idea works for cracked executables as well, find the function and bypass it.
And as for the tools being hidden from the general public, it's the same with any circumvention technique. Once people know about it, they can prevent it.
merow: Rayman Origins on GMG for 8,5€ with voucher about 6€ (8$).

BTW:
What would you recommend more Sonic Generation, Giana Sisters or Rayman Origins?
Dont know, Rayman seem a little bit hard (bosses)...

Greets!
All of them!

Not helpful I know, but they're all great and all different.
JMich: Read the example again. Artic0ne had bought the game for himself, then applied the proper tools, and he uploaded his game. He could have just uploaded the tools, but demonoid didn't allow cracking tools to be uploaded (and quite a few people wouldn't bother). But the same idea works for cracked executables as well, find the function and bypass it.
Yes yes, and X games could be cracked quite easily as well even without specific tools, just using the official patches from the publisher. But for some reason it doesn't seem to apply to rest of the games, especially those with 3rd party DRM.

And your example _still_ required having to download the whole scene release. There was no single small file(s) that would allow anyone to turn your Steam game collection DRM-free, for whatever reason. Your point seemed to be that Steam games can be cracked with right tools and when you know what to do, which was never the argument anyway. Duh, that's what the crackers usually do, don't they?
Post edited December 20, 2012 by timppu
timppu: And your example _still_ required having to download the whole scene release. There was no single small file(s) that would allow anyone to turn your Steam game collection DRM-free, for whatever reason. Your point seemed to be that Steam games can be cracked with right tools and when you know what to do, which was never the argument anyway. Duh, that's what the crackers usually do, don't they?
I'm sorry, are we talking about me having the game files on the computer while steam no longer exists, thus by getting some files I can crack it, thus I'm Artic0ne, or are we talking about me not having the game files on my computer while steam no longer exists, thus I have to download the whole thing from somewhere? Artic0ne had the original uncracked game, and uploaded everything, since there wasn't any other files in circulation at that point, legit or not. We are talking about a single individual cracking the game within an hour of it being made available, how much simpler does it need to be to assume it's a "Download, click, crack"?

BTW:
What would you recommend more Sonic Generation, Giana Sisters or Rayman Origins?

Greets!
deadfolk: All of them!

What is the most frustrating one?
deadfolk: All of them!

merow: What is the most frustrating one?
Well, I haven't played enough of any of them to be sure on that point, to be honest. I think it depends on how much of a completionist you are.

BTW:

Greets!
Definitely Rayman Origins. Beautiful game and the difficulty curve is almost perfect (most reviewers noticed that too.) I never found it too frustrating, level variety is interesting and fun and the bosses aren't really bad, it's a lot kinder than the older Raymans.
Sonic Generations is fairly good for a Sonic fan has some nostalgia trips but the fast placed gaming is let down a bit by some poor level design and you'll get some frustrating deaths due to the game mechanics not behaving consistently, the levels also feel weaker as you go on.
Not played Giana Sisters but I've heard it's quite a tough game.

BTW:

Greets!
serpantino: Definitely Rayman Origins. Beautiful game and the difficulty curve is almost perfect (most reviewers noticed that too.) I never found it too frustrating, level variety is interesting and fun and the bosses aren't really bad, it's a lot kinder than the older Raymans.
Sonic Generations is fairly good for a Sonic fan has some nostalgia trips but the fast placed gaming is let down a bit by some poor level design and you'll get some frustrating deaths due to the game mechanics not behaving consistently, the levels also feel weaker as you go on.
Ok thank you (both of you) I give it a chance, I guess!
Nuuvem deals

https://www.nuuvem.com.br/produtos?promo=1
CymTyr: Steam sale is on with lackluster sales.
You don't have to stay on the front page. There are some deep 75% sales
like: Blades Of Time $7, Cargo Commander $2.49, Dreamkiller $2.49, or Harvey's New Eyes $5, Dungeon of Dreadmore 1.24, Krater $5, Prince of Persia (2008) $2.49, Rocketbirds $2.49, Silverfall Complete$3.74, Deep Black $9.
some cool Stuff IMHO :)

BTW:
if anyone still have that uk.gamesplanet.com voucher
Max Payne 3 is £10.50, which means £5.5 after use.
Post edited December 20, 2012 by dyscode
CymTyr: Steam sale is on with lackluster sales.
dyscode: You don't have to stay on the front page. There are some deep 75% sales
like:
I have this thread bookmarked on Steam forums to learn about deals that are not on front page. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3032613

Some of the stuff is 90% off and under $2.
Post edited December 20, 2012 by teshra
Amazon will have Scribblenauts for $7.50 from the 24th to the 26th.
dyscode: You don't have to stay on the front page. There are some deep 75% sales
like:
teshra: I have this thread bookmarked on Steam forums to learn about deals that are not on front page. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3032613

Some of the stuff is 90% off and under $2.
It's vaguely tempting to buy like 10 copies of Bad Rats and gift them to people.
Post edited December 20, 2012 by Gazoinks
GoJays2025: Amazon will have Scribblenauts for $7.50 from the 24th to the 26th.
Apparently Lego LTR will also be 75% from 24th - 26th. Another not listed on frontpage of that thread yet :P.