It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

langurmonkey: I hope your right because IF the world ends tomorrow, I want to die playing new games.
Big_Boss: Even if Steam sales starts today, you will not play new games due to Steam server overload and download speed things XD
NOOOOOOOOOO!
langurmonkey: Not really.
Fine with me if you prefer to stay ignorant :)
langurmonkey: Not really.
Pheace: Fine with me if you prefer to stay ignorant :)
Dude, the world might end tomorrow and Christmas is 5 days away. Why you trolling me? Where is your humanity?
Post edited December 20, 2012 by langurmonkey
langurmonkey: Dude, the world might end tomorrow and Christmas is 5 days away. Why you trolling me? Where is your humanity?
I'm assuming it is misplaced like your meds seem to be? Steam Winter Sale timing was leaked long ago by the dev of Secret of the Magic Crystals.
langurmonkey: Dude, the world might end tomorrow and Christmas is 5 days away. Why you trolling me? Where is your humanity?
Pheace: I'm assuming it is misplaced like your meds seem to be? Steam Winter Sale timing was leaked long ago by the dev of Secret of the Magic Crystals.
See folks? More trolololo from Pheace. There"s something wrong with his medulla oblongata...
langurmonkey: December 20 and still no Steam Holiday Sales... I'm getting pissed off.
I think due to start 10am Dec 20th wherever steam hq is located i guess
langurmonkey: December 20 and still no Steam Holiday Sales... I'm getting pissed off.
nijuu: I think due to start 10am Dec 20th wherever steam hq is located i guess
Washington state, USA, I believe.
I'd guess at 6pm GMT.
Rodzaju: I'd guess at 6pm GMT.
7 hours from now, whenever that is in the different time zones :)
Rodzaju: I'd guess at 6pm GMT.
Pheace: 7 hours from now, whenever that is in the different time zones :)
That'd make it 6pm!
Heretic777: If Steam goes out of business, then we can expect these types of patches so we can still play our games. If Egosoft is able to do it, im sure some code savy gamer can make a patch too.
In most cases you'd probably have to redownload the whole game as a pirated version, not just a simple "unDRM patch". Hopefully you feel confident with the Russian (mafia) repackaged versions. Maybe it is from the unpatched retail version, missing all the later updates that came through Steam. Pirates just want recognition for the original 1.0 release, much less to provide continued support by providing cracked updates.

And some Steam games might just be so obscure that no one is arsed to crack it, or at least keep it continuously shared, for you. I think torrent sites are shock full of dead torrents with 0 seeders.

So yeah, you'll possibly be able to still play many of your games, but it can be quite a lot of hassle.
Post edited December 20, 2012 by timppu
Heretic777: If Steam goes out of business, then we can expect these types of patches so we can still play our games. If Egosoft is able to do it, im sure some code savy gamer can make a patch too.
timppu: In most cases you'd probably have to redownload the whole game as a pirated version, not just a simple "unDRM patch". Hopefully you feel confident with the Russian (mafia) repackaged versions. Maybe it is from the unpatched retail version, missing all the later updates that came through Steam. Pirates just want recognition for the original 1.0 release, much less to provide continued support by providing cracked updates.

And some Steam games might just be so obscure that no one is arsed to crack it, or at least keep it continuously shared, for you. I think torrent sites are shock full of dead torrents with 0 seeders.

So yeah, you'll possibly be able to still play many of your games, but it can be quite a lot of hassle.
While browsing net and searching some stuff about Torchlight 2 I have found website that has pirated game and all updates so I guess its the practice to do that now.
The question about what happens if Valve/Steam disappears is really interesting one. The option of making all stuff DRM Free sounds great but I doubt it. Lets just hope for our own sake that they release Half-Life 3 and have enough money to keep business alive.
danteveli: Lets just hope for our own sake that they release Half-Life 3 and have enough money to keep business alive.
They have lot of new stuff so not that bad on money I guess. Big Picture, Linux client, bigger Mac library, Greenlight growing every day, addition of Market to Dota 2 and TF2 may attract some new players.
timppu: In most cases you'd probably have to redownload the whole game as a pirated version, not just a simple "unDRM patch". Hopefully you feel confident with the Russian (mafia) repackaged versions. Maybe it is from the unpatched retail version, missing all the later updates that came through Steam. Pirates just want recognition for the original 1.0 release, much less to provide continued support by providing cracked updates.

Most likely you would see something similar to gamecopyworld.com pop up. Secondly you would not have to re-download the game, the majority of steam versions just require a cracked exe, with 3-4 .dll files that emulate the background of steam. In fact two of those .dll's are the exact same for all games that use the cracked exe's.

Just like you see no-cd and cracked exe's for store bought games the past decade, you would see the same shit for steam games. Heck, some people already get those files just so they do not need to even have steam running while playing games they own.

The whole concept is similar to not having a cd to run. And the safety level is the same as the the no-cd cracks..Just have to trust your source.

For obscure games, go check out gamecopyworld and see the crap that has been cracked=) Now the bigger issue would be, should valve look to ever close steam (I highly doubt, its too much of a money maker), too play it safe I would back up every steam game on multiple hardrives for long term storage to keep those games=)

However, all the above is null and void...instead of cracking each steam game...most likely someone would develop a system to emulate steam so all games that require steam would play them...

meh...but steam is not going anywhere anytime soon=)
Amazon deals:

Post Mortem $1.99

http://goo.gl/kdmHL

Still Life 2 $1.99

http://goo.gl/dYFYN