It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

summitus: I've been waiting for Crusader Kings 2 sale , then I just got an email from Gamestop saying that it was 75% off .... when I checked it was one of those stupid Flash sales they have with only 500 on Friday , arrgghh ! its practically impossible to get anything with these ridiculous Flash Sales ..... I thought someone had said it was going to be an Amazon Deal this week but it hasn't happened yet . :(
uqblf: It's going to be in the Mayhem sale later on (probably next week) and Tony confirmed the price to be lower than the last one they had ($17.99). We'll have to wait and see what the offer is going to be.
Thanks for the info ! .. and thanks to Tony too ;)
Ubisoft Weekend at Steam, first deal is on the Ghost Recon series.
Daily Deal on Steam is Take On Helicopters -50% (19,99€)
Weekend is -33%, with today's promotion being [url=http://store.steampowered.com/sale/ubi_weekend2012]Ghost Recon Franchise -75% (7,49€ for the complete pack). Promotion does not include Ghost Recon: Future Solder, but you get the "Deluxe Edition" for the price of the Standard.

edit: damn you ninja, this is what happens when I try to provide info :P
Post edited May 17, 2012 by JMich
Psyringe: I can see that. As I explained in my posts, "I want" is (for me personally) not as strong a motivation as "What's good? / What's fair?". To me, using a competitor's space for one's own advertisement and/or community building, without reciprocating, is neither good nor fair, independently of whether or not some members here would like it. I think that's a valid argument that should be understandable even for people who "really like" Tony to be here.
Let me use simpler words then, just for you.
It is not your space, it is not up to you to decide what's fair and what's not. We are all part of the GOG community and so far more people like the idea of having Tony here. If you are so concerned about it, report it to GOG. Your posts are simply pointless and rude towards one new user.

Edited out bad words. No need for a hatred in this thread.
Post edited May 17, 2012 by nagytow
Psyringe: I can see that. As I explained in my posts, "I want" is (for me personally) not as strong a motivation as "What's good? / What's fair?". To me, using a competitor's space for one's own advertisement and/or community building, without reciprocating, is neither good nor fair, independently of whether or not some members here would like it. I think that's a valid argument that should be understandable even for people who "really like" Tony to be here.
nagytow: Let me use simpler words then, just for you.
I honestly don't think that anything I wrote warrants condescending replies, but thanks.

nagytow: It is not your space, it is not up to you to decide what's fair and what's not.
Of course it's not for me to decide, and I never said that I would. I voiced my opinion on the matter, just as others voiced theirs. I also explained it multiple times. I therefore don't really see the relevance of you stating something that no one ever disputed.

nagytow: We are all part of the GOG community and so far more people like the idea of having Tony here.
That may be so, or it may just seem so, who knows. In any case, it doesn't change my opinion, and I don't think it's relevant to the question, since - as you were stressing just seconds ago - it's GOG's space, not ours.

nagytow: If you are so concerned about it, report it to GOG.
Since Tony already notified us of his retreat, I see no need to report anyone or anything.

nagytow: Your posts are simply pointless and rude towards one new user.
The "new user" came to this forum in his capacity as an Amazon business representative, so I treat him as such. And while I did state that I regard advertising and community building attempts on a competitor's space (without reciprocation) as inappropriate, I don't think I have been rude toward him. If he does think so, I'll gladly invite him to contact me via PM and discuss the matter. Since he's a business person as well, I actually think that he might have less difficulties respecting my opinion than some forum members seem to have.

Also, I actually wouldn't have posted anything beyond my very first post on this issue (and perhaps my reply to orcish, who raised a valid counter-point, so I clarified my original message), if people were actually able to accept my opinion as differing from theirs. Actually, the verve with which people are trying to defend "Tony"'s intrusion here (which is a term he used himself) against someone who simply dares to have a different opinion, is starting to make me a bit suspicious of him.

nagytow: Edited out bad words. No need for a hatred in this thread.
Thanks. I agree. It would have been nice to remove the condescension as well though.
Post edited May 17, 2012 by Psyringe
Psyringe, please be quiet already. You are a rude hypocrite and the only condescending person in this topic. Congrats on driving Tony away, now you can post your aff links without fear again.

To get this thread back on track
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008235PQQ
Bioshock 1 + 2 for $7.49, interestingly you can choose Securom DRM or Securom + Steam DRM

Medal of Honor $4.99 again, I found it fun, especially the MP
http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40465imited-Edition-Download/dp/B00477471U/

Serious Sam 3 $9.99 until Saturday
http://www.amazon.com/Serious-Sam-3-BFE-Download/dp/B007L87VYW/

Arma2 Combined Operations $14.99 for those craving a bit of the milsim zombie apocalypse :)
http://www.amazon.com/Meridian4-40365ned-Operations-ArmA2-Combined/dp/B003UV8RRE/

And here a clean link to the whole sale, Simcity 4, Civilization 4, Borderlands GOTY etc
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_363105342_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000800391&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_r=0B3HC3Z1V1PECTT4NWJ6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1369175202&pf_rd_i=979455011
Revisor: Psyringe, please be quiet already. You are a rude hypocrite and the only condescending person in this topic. Congrats on driving Tony away, now you can post your aff links without fear again.
1. I don't appreciate the insults, but I won't retaliate and make it even worse, so I'll just let them stand.

2. I have not "driven Tony away" by any stretch of imagination, I didn't even address the whole issue before he already had announced his retreat.

3. I also don't even have anything against his presence on these forums (as you will know if you read my posts), I just stated that I regard advertising and community building on a competitor's space, without reciprocation, as inappropriate. This leaves multiple options open - for example, reciprocating and opening some room for a GOG representative on Amazon's space.

4. While I know that affiliation links are a matter of contention for you, I really can't see any connection of that issue with the current one. Why would I have "fear" to post such links if Tony had stayed here? I'm sorry, that really isn't making sense to me.

I'm sorry that my opinion apparently upset you so much that you deem personal attacks and insults as justified, but it _is_ my honest opinion, I explained to make it understandable, and I don't think I voiced it in an inappropriate way.
Post edited May 17, 2012 by Psyringe
Could you guys take it to a separate thread or PMs, please?
> Again, really sorry for the intrusion, it was in no way my intention to offer offense.

No, No! don't go tony!

The ones who like your input don't automatically respond - it would clog up the thread.
Psyringe: Since Tony already notified us of his retreat, I see no need to report anyone or anything.
I'm going to ask GOG staff to invite Tony back. It was not nice of you to not welcome him here. Actually after reading your posts I know you are just a rude hypocrite. Therefore I'm not nice to you. And with this sentence I'm ending this discussion with you. I always hated mod-wannabes.
Post edited May 17, 2012 by nagytow
Psyringe: Since Tony already notified us of his retreat, I see no need to report anyone or anything.
nagytow: I'm going to ask GOG staff to invite Tony back. It was not nice of you to not welcome him here. Actually after reading your posts I know you are just a rude hypocrite. Therefore I'm not nice to you. And with this sentence I'm ending this discussion with you. I always hated mod-wannabes.
And why exactly you care about Amazon.com? Digital Sales are for US only. So you are cheating the system and yet calling other people hypocrites...
Opinions whether Last Remnant or Divine Divinity 2 (DRM free surprisingly is an option) worth it?.

Fwiw Tony does a good service in the CAG forums..... but im not quite sure another company being allowed to advertise their products for sale on a 'competitor's' forum is the right thing to do :/
Could you all just stop fighting here? It's difficult to see the deals.

http://www.amazon.com/Viva-Media-40588Gray-Matter3-Download/dp/B004NNVE8M/

Gray Matter is $5 on Amazon as part of their "12 days of dynamte deals". I suppose that means the deal is only valid for today so hurry up and get it.
Yeah, if you wanna continue to argue, especially on a weekend where there's quite a few deals going after a relative drought, take it elsewhere.
OmegaX: Could you all just stop fighting here? It's difficult to see the deals.

http://www.amazon.com/Viva-Media-40588Gray-Matter3-Download/dp/B004NNVE8M/

Gray Matter is $5 on Amazon as part of their "12 days of dynamte deals". I suppose that means the deal is only valid for today so hurry up and get it.
No, it's all 12 days. Most of the stuff on sale is staying the enire week. The only exceptions are the Square Enix stuff and the non Sims EA stuff is only till the 20th. Sims are out the 25th. They'll be adding to the sale as it goes on.
Post edited May 17, 2012 by Sinizine
nagytow: I'm going to ask GOG staff to invite Tony back.
Yes, that's probably a good idea, since it would allow both business partners to discuss the terms and limitations, if they want to.

nagytow: Actually after reading your posts I know you are just a rude hypocrite. Therefore I'm not nice to you. And with this sentence I'm ending this discussion with you. I always hated mod-wannabes.
I do find it rather disturbing that despite multiple replies, the actual point of my criticism (the sentence explaining what I find inappropriate) has never been addressed, but instead the emotions fly high and I receive personal insults. I surely hope that if an Amazon representative ever (re-)appears on GOG, it will be possible to voice criticism without being personally attacked in turn.

That said, it's probably a good thing that the discussion between us has ended, since it has now degraded into personal attacks, and it seems unlikely that I could achieve even as little as respect for my opinion (I do respect yours). Also, people are already perceiving this as an off-topic "fight", so I agree, let's end it.