It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I picked this one up from Gamersgate when they had it for $3. \o/

Look! You can even see my review! 3 stars at $3, so at $8... maybe wait for a further discount. ;)

Edit: all the Disciples III stuff seems to be cheaper at Impulse in my region. Edit again: no it isn't! Apparently I'm not Captain Math.
Post edited May 17, 2012 by PenguinJim
DukeNukemForever: Gamersgate Daily Deal is Patrician 4 Gold, including Conquest of Trade and Rise of the Dynasty.

80% off: 7€ / 6$ / 6£

No mistake, 7€ vs 6$ :-/ . Both games are labeled with "other drm". Any idea what exactly it is?

Edit: German forum thread says the game itself uses only a serial, but for patches you need to be online. There is no standalone-patch. Sounds like Stardock-method, shame on you Kalypso.
A couple of forums I checked, people were blasting Kalypso for the DRM, causing nothing but problems etc. No idea still what the DRM is or if it has been fixed. As it is, I will stay away from this.
I just bought Mafia 2 from Amazon deals but Steam didn't let me activate my key?! Is the game region locked? Can anyone help me out please?
Psyringe: Actually, I don't think that the presence of an Amazon representative on GOG's forums in such a thread is ... appropriate, for lack of a better word. It's as if one of my competitors would visit my shop to advertise his own, competing products there - I simply wouldn't expect such a thing, and would probably see it at least as a lack of courtesy on his part.
Revisor: I'm sorry for this personal remark, but Psyringe, you seem to have no problem advertising Gamersgate (and Gamersgate only) deals here, with your affiliate link no less.

What's the difference between your behavior and an official rep from Amazon, who introduces himself as such? His is more transparent IMO.

Please don't take it personally, I just think it's a bit hypocritical from you. You (we all actually) are doing exactly the same thing that seems to bother you - we advertise deals from competition on GOG forums.
The difference is that we are GOG customers talking about things that are of interest to us (gaming deals), whereas Tony is a direct competitor entering space that belongs to a competitor of his business, and is advertising competing products there. I don't think it's hypocritical to treat competitors as competitors, and customers as customers. We have paid money to GOG, GOG uses parts of this money to maintain an internet presence, we then use this internet presence for community activities. Tony is not part of this community, is not a customer, and attempted to use a direct competitor's internet presence for advertisement and community building. The difference seems pretty obvious to me, but perhaps that's because I've been a businessman myself for so many years.

If Amazon representatives want to enter GOG's space in an official capacity, then I'd really expect them to ask for permission first, and to offer GOG an opportunity to also do so on _their_ space.

I'm also not only posting links to GamersGate deals here. If you check the thread, you'll also find posts from me linking DotEmu deals, bundle deals, and even links to GOG items. I'm also linking to GOG items on other places, including GamersGate. I'm not offended at all, but please get the facts right, okay?
Post edited May 17, 2012 by Psyringe
The gist is - I'm very glad Tony is here and I think there is no reason to be rude to him.
If his presence bothered GOG, TET would surely step in and ask him himself.
Revisor: The gist is - I'm very glad Tony is here and I think there is no reason to be rude to him.
If his presence bothered GOG, TET would surely step in and ask him himself.
Actually, if Tony's presence bothered GOG, it's much more likely that TET politely asks him in private to leave, instead of magnifying the effect of Tony's blunder by addressing it publicly and officially. Actually this might have happened already (since Tony's explanation for his retreat does sound a bit odd), but we probably won't know.

If you're really interested, then I can ask TET for an official statement about what he thinks of competitors using GOG's space for their own advertising and community building without reciprocating - but I don't think you'll like the answer. I imagine that TET (and Tony as well) would prefer to not comment on such an issue if possible though.

But it's a moot point anyway, since he has already announced his retreat, which is imho appropriate.

If he chooses again to use GOG's space for his own community building at some point, then I hope he has something comparable to offer GOG in return.
Post edited May 17, 2012 by Psyringe
Psyringe: If Amazon representatives want to enter GOG's space in an official capacity, then I'd really expect them to ask for permission first, and to offer GOG an opportunity to also do so on _their_ space.
Oh for the f... sake dude, just read your posts and think. You are not a GOG employee, you don't have to worry about them and the way they do business.

A customer rep took an effort to come to us here and talk to us directly and this is what he gets. You just can't make some people happy...

I was really happy about seeing Tony here. Hopefully he's not gone for good.
Post edited May 17, 2012 by nagytow
trusteft: A couple of forums I checked, people were blasting Kalypso for the DRM, causing nothing but problems etc. No idea still what the DRM is or if it has been fixed. As it is, I will stay away from this.
Same here. It looks very tempting, but there is no hurry. I'm very sure it will be someday here, so let's wait.
...not worth it
Post edited May 17, 2012 by Revisor
low rated
Psyringe: If Amazon representatives want to enter GOG's space in an official capacity, then I'd really expect them to ask for permission first, and to offer GOG an opportunity to also do so on _their_ space.
nagytow: Oh for the f... sake dude, just read your posts and think.
Thanks, but I actually am thinking constantly. ;) I also honestly don't see how thinking even more about the statement that you quoted would make it any less valid. Come to think of it, you didn't actually present any reasoning why I wouldn't be valid, did you?

nagytow: You are not a GOG employee, you don't have to worry about them and the way they do business.
You're right, I don't have to. I could just look at my own advantage and simply don't care about anything else. That's not the way I operate though. I'm afraid you won't be able to change that, sorry. Generally speaking, I'm strongly convinced that a lot of grief and harm could be prevented if more people started to look beyond their own personal advantage again, and started to advocate "fair" solutions instead of "solutions that benefit me in some way". But let's not get into that, neither this thread nor the actual issue at hand are a particularly good platform for such a discussion. Feel free to PM me if you're interested in one.

nagytow: I was really happy about seeing Tony here.
I can see that. As I explained in my posts, "I want" is (for me personally) not as strong a motivation as "What's good? / What's fair?". To me, using a competitor's space for one's own advertisement and/or community building, without reciprocating, is neither good nor fair, independently of whether or not some members here would like it. I think that's a valid argument that should be understandable even for people who "really like" Tony to be here.
I recall this post by Tony at CAG last week recommending to use GOG for Alan Wake while it was on sale here, as the Amazon sale the following week would only be roughly the same extras at the same price. (Another forumite posted that the content between Amazon/GOG versions would be roughly the same and so would the price)

This is accurate, we'll be at 50% off next week as well so if the GOG version is the one for you I'd go for it. Otherwise, the Steam versions will be on Sale on Amazon next week.

Cheers,
Tony
Posting on the CAG forum, telling someone to "go for it" with GOG.com instead of waiting a week for the Amazon sale.

Tony's a good'un. Although for Christ's sake, Tony, service us non-Americans already!
Psyringe simply doesn't want us to have nice things. :/
Niflmine: I just bought Mafia 2 from Amazon deals but Steam didn't let me activate my key?! Is the game region locked? Can anyone help me out please?
Sorry to hear! :( Yes, the Mafia II Steam-Key from Amazon is region-locked (as reported from the last big sale). Seems to be the only one from the acutal sale so far. I wasn't going to buy Mafia II in this sale, but maybe someone here want's to take your key?
I've been waiting for Crusader Kings 2 sale , then I just got an email from Gamestop saying that it was 75% off .... when I checked it was one of those stupid Flash sales they have with only 500 on Friday , arrgghh ! its practically impossible to get anything with these ridiculous Flash Sales ..... I thought someone had said it was going to be an Amazon Deal this week but it hasn't happened yet . :(
summitus: I've been waiting for Crusader Kings 2 sale , then I just got an email from Gamestop saying that it was 75% off .... when I checked it was one of those stupid Flash sales they have with only 500 on Friday , arrgghh ! its practically impossible to get anything with these ridiculous Flash Sales ..... I thought someone had said it was going to be an Amazon Deal this week but it hasn't happened yet . :(
It's going to be in the Mayhem sale later on (probably next week) and Tony confirmed the price to be lower than the last one they had ($17.99). We'll have to wait and see what the offer is going to be.