It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

lackoo1111: *off question*
Anyone played or playing with any game made by Spiderweb Software, Inc.

Yeah, I am currently playing through Geneforge 5. Good game but it tends to suffer from balancing problems at times. I can't wait to see what Jeff's new series is going to be. I am hoping for something along the lines of Geneforge with the way he mixed magic and technology (Shaping). I am also hoping that he uses a different/upgrades his current engine somewhat.
honorbuddy: Did anybody say that Europa Universalis: Rome Gold is $5 until Friday on D2D?
taczillabr: through 3/25.

You're right, on Friday's the new deal comes out. But if you get up early Friday you can still get it though!
chautemoc: I think it'd save space to talk about Impulse games which aren't restricted. :P

I don't mind restricted posts. Sometimes it's only for US, and sometimes only for EU, either way since there's people from both places here they should all be here, no?
Post edited March 22, 2010 by honorbuddy
honorbuddy: I don't mind restricted posts. Sometimes it's only for US, and sometimes only for EU, either way since there's people from both places here they should all be here, no?

I don't mind either, just seems like most stuff on Impulse is restricted to the same regions so why bother saying so for every deal on there..possibly that's not accurate.
Post edited March 22, 2010 by chautemoc
honorbuddy: I don't mind restricted posts. Sometimes it's only for US, and sometimes only for EU, either way since there's people from both places here they should all be here, no?
chautemoc: I don't mind either, just seems like most stuff on Impulse is restricted to the same regions so why bother saying so for every deal on there..possibly that's not accurate.

True. Get with the program Impulse!
Can you gift region restricted games via Impulse?
lackoo1111: Can you gift region restricted games via Impulse?

I do not believe that you can, no.
taczillabr: [url=tale-of-tales.com/blog/2010/03/18/the-path-anniversary-discounts/]"The Path is one year old. To start the anniversary festivities, we are discounting all our titles by 50%!
For the next 10 days, until Sunday March 28, prices are:"[/url]
So, anyone bought directly from their site before? how is it?

Thanks for the heads up on this one.
I just went through Fatale and i have to say, i'm impressed. These people clearly have some very interesting ideas about games and narrative and a good concept about how art can be factored into them.
If you're still wondering about purchasing something from their site, it's a straight up PayPal/CC payment. I got a download link as soon as payment went through and an email with the same link. The link is temporary though, so i guess you need to contact them if you ever need to redownload.
I'm off to grab The Path now ;)
gamersgate:
A load of 1C titles.
+
Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection $10.48
UFO Trilogy $9.99
Tropico 3 $14.97
Namur: If you're still wondering about purchasing something from their site, it's a straight up PayPal/CC payment. I got a download link as soon as payment went through and an email with the same link. The link is temporary though, so i guess you need to contact them if you ever need to redownload.

I didn't got it yet, but probably will at the end of this week.
Well, I'm not worried about the payment since they have PayPal, I'm worried if I need to re-download the game at three, five years from now and can't do it.
That bothers me a lot, and the same with games with online drm servers: can't authenticate or re-download products which you paid for.
taczillabr: gamersgate:
A load of 1C titles.
+
Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection $10.48
UFO Trilogy $9.99
Tropico 3 $14.97
Namur: If you're still wondering about purchasing something from their site, it's a straight up PayPal/CC payment. I got a download link as soon as payment went through and an email with the same link. The link is temporary though, so i guess you need to contact them if you ever need to redownload.

I didn't got it yet, but probably will at the end of this week.
Well, I'm not worried about the payment since they have PayPal, I'm worried if I need to re-download the game at three, five years from now and can't do it.
That bothers me a lot, and the same with games with online drm servers: can't authenticate or re-download products which you paid for.

Hm? It works similar to GOG. Just back up the installer. No online authentication, just serial. But it does say if you want another download, just contact them (I bought two copies the other day).
Post edited March 22, 2010 by chautemoc
taczillabr: Well, I'm not worried about the payment since they have PayPal, I'm worried if I need to re-download the game at three, five years from now and can't do it.

Yeah, the 'contact us to redownload' angle it's far from ideal. I'm willing to make a concession for these guys though, and i usually do so for small dev teams, and take the responsability of backing stuff up in case something goes terribly wrong at their end.
I just installed The Path and unlike Fatale there's a serial delivered by email btw.
Post edited March 22, 2010 by Namur
Just picked up Still Life for 6.99 USD at Micro Center in Chicago. They also had Star Wars Battlefront 2 at the same price. I've been to other Micro Centers that had more PC games marked this way, including Jedi Academy and Republic Commando (these were not in the Chicago store, though).
Left 4 Dead 2 is 50% off ($24.99) on Steam through Thursday.
4 Pack is also 50% off ($74.99).
Post edited March 23, 2010 by Crassmaster
Crassmaster: Left 4 Dead 2 is 50% off on Steam through Thursday.

Still too expensive if you ask me. Maybe I'll buy it if my brother wants to buy it too and I can find 2 more people to get the 4 pack.
D2D: The Path 50% off ($4.95) till 29 March
Catshade: D2D: The Path 50% off ($4.95) till 29 March

That game looks interesting and I'd buy it, but my laptop is besmirched with the curse that is intergrated graphics! :X
(No es funcionado! Es mucho mal!! (Forgive me if me espanoles is bad, I am making a funny!))
EDIT: Might still get it, because even though it says intergrated is not supported, my 256mb 950GMA seemed to get it running at a functioning level (though not fancy looking), by tweaking the graphics settings to fairly low levels.
Also, from the demo, the movement was a bit funky with the mouse... :/
Post edited March 24, 2010 by RetroVortex