It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Avogadro6: For those who are intrested in Mass Effect DLCs, I've noticed Bioware Points appear discounted if you access the store through the Origin client intead of a normal browser. If in your region they still show up at full price, then you'll find them slightly cheaper at the Bioware Store.
... the hell?

1600 Bioware points = $300 Mexican pesos ($25 USD)
800 Bioware points = $64.26 (50% off, $5 and change)

o_O
Foxhack: ... the hell?

1600 Bioware points = $300 Mexican pesos ($25 USD)
800 Bioware points = $64.26 (50% off, $5 and change)

o_O
Haha, yeah, and it's probably not the weirdest thing that happened on Origin. :P
Avogadro6: For those who are intrested in Mass Effect DLCs, I've noticed Bioware Points appear discounted if you access the store through the Origin client intead of a normal browser. If in your region they still show up at full price, then you'll find them slightly cheaper at the Bioware Store.
Hm. I don't see the discounts. Not available in Canada?
PandaLiang: Hm. I don't see the discounts. Not available in Canada?
The promo is probably for regions other than the US and Canada.
Foxhack: The promo is probably for regions other than the US and Canada.
Arrr. Too bad.
I have Steam; never have any problems with it. I like their client. When I saw Deux Ex for 2.99, just had to get it. Now I have to wait for my gf to leave so I can actually play it uninterrupted.
lightnica: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/12086/

Any opinions on Dungeon Siege 1 and 2?

DS3 doesn't really look that appealing to me but a tried a demo of DS1 a while back and it was rather pleasant.

Doesn't look like this package includes the expansions.

Thoughts?
IMHO DS1 and 2 (i have both on disc)are better than 3. Both the originals are party based RPG's . Though, inventory management is awkward and fullscreen on higher res doesnt work properly without mods. Many didnt like DS3
Post edited March 25, 2012 by nijuu

DS3 doesn't really look that appealing to me but a tried a demo of DS1 a while back and it was rather pleasant.

Doesn't look like this package includes the expansions.

Thoughts?
I played both, they were fun. The first one is an extremely linear, mindless action (hacknslash) romp with cool effects, tons of loot and awesome music. The second one was essentially more of the same but it did bring forward new features, became a LOT less linear, had better story and fully fledged companions. If you do end up playing it I recommend the fan fixes and mods laying around in the webs (for DSII).
Foxhack: But PDFs? They cost the same, sometimes MORE, than print books. That's just wrong.

If you want the guide, gifted to you, then we can work something out. A trade, maybe?
I only ever buy the digital ones on sale. But as it is, most of them these days aren't PDFs but are websites instead. Handy for maps when they allow tagging and tracking of collectibles, etc. Sure books can provided spaces to write such information, but I absolutely abhor defacing books in any manner, even when they are created with expectation of you doing so.

As for a trade, I don't have anything worth $2.49.
Foxhack: But PDFs? They cost the same, sometimes MORE, than print books. That's just wrong.

If you want the guide, gifted to you, then we can work something out. A trade, maybe?
bansama: I only ever buy the digital ones on sale. But as it is, most of them these days aren't PDFs but are websites instead. Handy for maps when they allow tagging and tracking of collectibles, etc. Sure books can provided spaces to write such information, but I absolutely abhor defacing books in any manner, even when they are created with expectation of you doing so.

As for a trade, I don't have anything worth $2.49.
If you have PayPal you can just pay it back, no biggie. :)

Thoughts?
When DS1 came out I played it to the end 7-8 times. Trying different ways. One character, 2-3 chars, full party and so on. Other than a rare game-killing bug (a MU who relied upon summoning monsters stopped getting xp for the damage the monsters dealt. Just happened on that one game) I had tons of fun.

Never played DS2 - thought about getting the bundle on steam just for DS2 but I'll just wait for it to show up by itself (with the expansion). Yeah, I know it'lll be a long wait.

So DS1 is an absorbing, obsessive game. Haven't heard anything bad about ds2. DS3 is ... ok but plays nothing like the other 2 games.

If you like action RPGs and loot mongering you'll probably like DS.
Foxhack: If you have PayPal you can just pay it back, no biggie. :)
Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. The Paypal fees are a bit of a turn off right now as the price will increase to around $3.00 (plus it's the end of the month and the exchange rate isn't ideal), not to mention I'll also have to mess around with a VPN again if I put Steam back in online mode as I'm currently playing a game which is IP blocked when I'm online.

My point was more, that had it been sold in my region, I'd have picked it up pretty much as an impulse purchase, but with the extra hurdles, I'll just hold off and reconsider the next time it's on sale for that price (bound to happen several more times this year).
bansama: Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. The Paypal fees are a bit of a turn off right now as the price will increase to around $3.00 (plus it's the end of the month and the exchange rate isn't ideal), not to mention I'll also have to mess around with a VPN again if I put Steam back in online mode as I'm currently playing a game which is IP blocked when I'm online.

My point was more, that had it been sold in my region, I'd have picked it up pretty much as an impulse purchase, but with the extra hurdles, I'll just hold off and reconsider the next time it's on sale for that price (bound to happen several more times this year).
Ah, okay then. The offer stands for whenever you need help from someone who's in Americaland... sorta. ;)
Foxhack: Ah, okay then. The offer stands for whenever you need help from someone who's in Americaland... sorta. ;)
I appreciate that and may take you up on the offer in the future =)
Daily Deal at GamersGate:

Airline Tycoon 2 for 9.99 $/€ (75% off).

Also currently on offer:

Thief - The Dark Project for 2.50 $/€ (75% off) , DRM free.
Thief - Deadly Shadows for 3.75 $/€ (75% off), SecuRom
Both Thief games in one bundle for 6.23 $/€ (75% off)
Post edited March 26, 2012 by Psyringe