It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

domgrief: They're comparable to Direct2Drive in that regard. I'm not sure if it's the case, but it's like Steam have actually bothered to try and get deals with the international distributors, but Impulse and D2D decided that they'd deal with the US distributors or forget about it.

That's not likely to improve for either company now that they've both been acquired by gaming companies with an almost exclusive US presence.

Impulse/Gamestop also occasionally doesn't follow Steam's lead with regards to US/Australia pricing variations, so it's worth having it installed (or the website bookmarked) just to keep an eye on the sales. I picked up Arkham City for AUD$25 a couple of weeks back, 75% less than it's currently going for on Steam.
I used to be able to buy stuff from Direct2Drive but now that GameFly owns it, I can't.

Nothing really changed witih Impulse, they region locked everything anyway. :P
Most (not all) of THQ's catalogue is on sale at GamersGate right now for 50% off. Homefront is the daily deal, 75% off.

http://www.gamersgate.com/publisher/46/thq
I keep being tempted by this, and then running away because I don't like Sonic games. How's the pad support? Is it a pain, or out-of-the-box?

The brilliant THQ bundle is discounted today, with Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, as well as Dawn of War I & II & expansions, Metro 2033, Darksiders, Company of Heroes & expansions, Titan Quest + expansion, Saints Row 2, the first STALKER, Supreme Commander + expansion... etc etc for ([url=http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DDB-THQCC/thq-complete-collection-bundle?caff=2157851]£30 in the UK).

And there's a Heroes of Might & Magic V sale at GetGamesGo - 70% off the base and two expansions.
PenguinJim: I keep being tempted by this, and then running away because I don't like Sonic games. How's the pad support? Is it a pain, or out-of-the-box?

The brilliant THQ bundle is discounted today, with Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, as well as Dawn of War I & II & expansions, Metro 2033, Darksiders, Company of Heroes & expansions, Titan Quest + expansion, Saints Row 2, the first STALKER, Supreme Commander + expansion... etc etc for ([url=http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DDB-THQCC/thq-complete-collection-bundle?caff=2157851]£30 in the UK).

And there's a Heroes of Might & Magic V sale at GetGamesGo - 70% off the base and two expansions.
One thing that concerns me about this; is it gonna be one HUGE fucking download or is it gonna be separate keys.
That's odd - a bunch of the THQ games aren't on sale individually but they're in the Complete Collection Bundle.

What's stranger is that a bunch of the games are individually 'unavailable in your region' but the Complete Collection Bundle itself is available!
ABH20: Most (not all) of THQ's catalogue is on sale at GamersGate right now for 50% off. Homefront is the daily deal, 75% off.

http://www.gamersgate.com/publisher/46/thq
Can we redeem on steam ?
I'm trying to find out. Cause if it is; fuck THQ and their EDS.
I can't find anything atm. Someone go first and tell us what happens...
Post edited March 18, 2012 by the_bard
Most of THQ's newer stuff is Steamworks. So Homefront for example is, but TItan's Quest isn't

Also, if you click the game in general it will tell you. For example, DOW II's page lists Steamworks under the DRM entry.
Post edited March 18, 2012 by Sinizine
Metro 2033, Darksiders, Warhammer 40: Space Marine and Dawn of War II: Retribution have to redeem on Steam. DoWII & Chaos Rising may redeem on Steam (the former being GFWL doesn't confirm either way, as some download retailers carry the "Steam" (+GFWL) version).

The others probably won't.
PenguinJim: Metro 2033, Darksiders, Warhammer 40: Space Marine and Dawn of War II: Retribution have to redeem on Steam. DoWII & Chaos Rising may redeem on Steam (the former being GFWL doesn't confirm either way, as some download retailers carry the "Steam" (+GFWL) version).

The others probably won't.
AFAIK DoW2 requires BOTH Steam and GFWL. The boxed versions did and I believe all DD versions do too.
Sinizine: Most of THQ's newer stuff is Steamworks. So Homefront for example is, but TItan's Quest isn't.
Yeah was just eyeballing this list. I may take the plunge. This would get me a few of the games I want. As long as I have steam keys and can gift some of the others I should be good.
I'm seriously considering getting the bundle - even though I already have some of the games it's still the cheapest way to get the others.

EDIT: Fuck it, I'm taking the plunge. Will report back what can and can't be activated.
Post edited March 18, 2012 by ABH20
ABH20: I'm seriously considering getting the bundle - even though I already have some of the games it's still the cheapest way to get the others.
Ah man, I'm glad the EDS put me off the THQ sale. I was gonna go back just get Metro 2033, but this is a better deal.

Hold on I'm waiting to see if I can gift the ones that don't have Steam keys separately from the bundle.

The ones that don't have Steam keys can be gifted separately from the bundle by the looks of it. Woohoo!
Attachments:
whoohoo1.jpg (129 Kb)
Steam daily: Peggle Complete 66% off
Okay, here's the rundown:

NOT TESTED (already have):
Frontlines: Fuel Of War, Metro 2033, STALKER: Shadow Of Chernobyl, Saints Row 2, Titan Quest, Titan Quest: Immortal Throne.

STEAM ACTIVATE:
Darksiders, Homefront, MX vs ATV Reflex, Supreme Commander, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine and all Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War II titles.