It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

angstrom: If I get BF3 should I get a physical copy or a digital copy? I'm certain the physical copy requires one to log into Origin anyways before it can be used, so is there any advantage to it?

Also maps like Wake Island and Karkland aren't included in the standard BF3, they require the DLC, am I correct?
Karkland is definitely DLC. Wake Island was DLC, might have even been launch DLC, not sure. If it was launch DLC some versions of BF3 may have received it for free.
angstrom: If I get BF3 should I get a physical copy or a digital copy? I'm certain the physical copy requires one to log into Origin anyways before it can be used, so is there any advantage to it?

Also maps like Wake Island and Karkland aren't included in the standard BF3, they require the DLC, am I correct?
orcishgamer: Karkland is definitely DLC. Wake Island was DLC, might have even been launch DLC, not sure. If it was launch DLC some versions of BF3 may have received it for free.
Back to Karkand came with the Limited Edition (i have that). I *think* Wake Island map was part of it (sorry been a while since i played BF3 lol)
Foxhack: BUT IT HAS STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS ZOMG
Rodzaju: Everytime I see a comment like this I spend ages trying to figure out if you are being enthusiastic or sarcastic....
Could be both at the same time! Goddamn achievements are addictive.

In any case, ckloudsaving is pretty neat. Then again I am one of those of the opinion that steam's benefits outweigh the drawbacks of its drm, so eh, whatever.
For anyone who saw my last post about indiefacekick thing:

They emailed me back, and explained that they will be sending keys to the email of the paypal account. It seems they don't yet have a mechanism to send people confirmation emails, or that the paypal receipt should suffice.

They were polite and nice, and while the setup could have been better, I do believe I'll be getting my keys and that all will be fine.
I wonder if there is any benefits to getting a material copy of BF3 over a digital copy. I know in the end both requires Origin, but I wonder if the disc can still be used after 1 installation.
Luisfius: Could be both at the same time! Goddamn achievements are addictive.
I'll just get a DRM free version when the game ends up on an indie bundle in a few years. For now, this works.

What I didn't like, however, was buying the game, checking the achievements, and noticing that quite a few people had already "achieved" everything. Friggin' Steam Achievement Manager users... why doesn't Steam just ban them?
Post edited March 14, 2012 by Foxhack
Foxhack: I'll just get a DRM free version when the game ends up on an indie bundle in a few years. For now, this works.

What I didn't like, however, was buying the game, checking the achievements, and noticing that quite a few people had already "achieved" everything. Friggin' Steam Achievement Manager users... why doesn't Steam just ban them?
Is the game any good? I mean after playing it for a bit. I really like the music. Is it worth 2.69USD?
the_bard: Is the game any good? I mean after playing it for a bit. I really like the music. Is it worth 2.69USD?
Honestly? Yeah. If you've played Arkanoid then you know the basics. The boss fights are pretty good, and the powerups are actually useful, BUT, there are stages where you don't get any magic refills. It's still very entertaining.
Cool. Thanks.
Does Steam version of Wizorb come with sound that doesn't require fiddling with DX acceleration?
The D&D Anthology Master Collection is on sale at Gamersgate again. These are the GOG versions of these games. :D (But none of the GOG extras)

Baldur's Gate I & II and expansions, Icewind Dale I & II and expansions, and Planescape Torment for ([url=http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection?caff=2157851]£4.49 in the UK)
PenguinJim: The D&D Anthology Master Collection is on sale at Gamersgate again. These are the GOG versions of these games. :D (But none of the GOG extras)

Baldur's Gate I & II and expansions, Icewind Dale I & II and expansions, and Planescape Torment for ([url=http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection?caff=2157851]£4.49 in the UK)
So soon again. A timely sale before the Steam release perhaps?

Absolutely spectacular deal nonetheless, go go go :p
It's simply Atari week is why.
Sinizine: It's simply Atari week is why.
Curses, now I had to change my local sales post to add that information again, thanks xD
PenguinJim: The D&D Anthology Master Collection is on sale at Gamersgate again. These are the GOG versions of these games. :D (But none of the GOG extras)

Are you sure these are the GOG versions?

System Requirements
OS: Windows XP/ Vista/ Windows 7 (Not for all Baldur's Gate games)
Post edited March 15, 2012 by gyokzoli