It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

the_bard: Yeah, I tried it. Didn't work. It's obviously a fuckup as it shows up for a different price in the client. We was about to have a ourselves a giveaway.

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance
Pheace: UA = Ukraine? :)
HAHAHA I logged in and all the other prices were normal except for that one.
lol ukraine... i cant purchase it ...
GoJays2025: Not as good as this one: http://store.steampowered.com/app/110800/?cc=ua
the_bard: Yeah, I tried it. Didn't work. It's obviously a fuckup as it shows up for a different price in the client. We was about to have a ourselves a giveaway.

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance
You can only buy in the region your CC is registered and bypassing that to get better deals is considered fraud by Valve (rightfully so) and will get you banned if they find out.

There are some workarounds using VPNs and no regional payment options, but that is something even I avoid.
Post edited March 13, 2012 by SimonG
SimonG: You can only buy in the region your CC is registered and bypassing that to get better deals is considered fraud by Valve (rightfully so) and will get you banned if they find out.

There are some workarounds using VPNs and no regional payment options, but that is something even I avoid.
Yeah, I see what I did now. I didn't notice the little "ua" in the link. Still really don't understand the variations in region pricing. And I'm not talking about the exchange rate. I mean like that for instance, that it is cheaper in USD than it would be if I purchased it in the states.
the_bard: Yeah, I see what I did now. I didn't notice the little "ua" in the link. Still really don't understand the variations in region pricing. And I'm not talking about the exchange rate. I mean like that for instance, that it is cheaper in USD than it would be if I purchased it in the states.
The average monthly income in countries like Russia or Georgia won't even be enough to pay a very cheap US rent. (Might be a bit better now in Russia, as it was steadily rising).

To make it possible for countries like that to buy games, you have to adjust the price. And to be honest, I'm ok with that, as I do earn many times the money I would earn in those regions.
the_bard: Yeah, I see what I did now. I didn't notice the little "ua" in the link. Still really don't understand the variations in region pricing. And I'm not talking about the exchange rate. I mean like that for instance, that it is cheaper in USD than it would be if I purchased it in the states.
SimonG: The average monthly income in countries like Russia or Georgia won't even be enough to pay a very cheap US rent. (Might be a bit better now in Russia, as it was steadily rising).

To make it possible for countries like that to buy games, you have to adjust the price. And to be honest, I'm ok with that, as I do earn many times the money I would earn in those regions.
You think the reverse maybe why australia seems to be charged inflated prices (some call it the Australia tax - publishers gouge cause they can)for games despite the fact our A$ is stronger than the USD$ atm?.
SimonG: You can only buy in the region your CC is registered and bypassing that to get better deals is considered fraud by Valve (rightfully so) and will get you banned if they find out.

It's possible your browser settings are fixed to UA at the moment, usually takes a while before it goes away. If it is you can revert by changing the UA to US -> http://store.steampowered.com/app/110800/?cc=US
Post edited March 13, 2012 by Pheace
SimonG: The average monthly income in countries like Russia or Georgia won't even be enough to pay a very cheap US rent. (Might be a bit better now in Russia, as it was steadily rising).

We don't exactly earn more than in US and game are usually priced higher here in the Czech Republic (Euro region 2)...
Well pre-orders for Indie Face Kick has officially begun...
http://indie.gamingallthetime.com/
Traded games that originally cost me €2.50 and €1.79 for La Noire complete, I'm happy ^^ (assuming it doesn't get revoked xD)

Ah, k. That makes sense.
nijuu: You think the reverse maybe why australia seems to be charged inflated prices (some call it the Australia tax - publishers gouge cause they can)for games despite the fact our A$ is stronger than the USD$ atm?.
Someone linked me to page the other day showing how the AU Steam was in USD compared to the US. Fucking ridiculous. I still don't understand it.
Pheace: It's possible your browser settings are fixed to UA at the moment, usually takes a while before it goes away. If it is you can revert by changing the UA to US -> http://store.steampowered.com/app/110800/?cc=US
Haha Thanks. I sorted it. I hardly view it through the broswer unless I'm hitting links from here. Just dumped cookies and such.
Post edited March 13, 2012 by the_bard
Very tempted to get BF3 on Origin since I have a real life friend who wants to play with me.

If I get BF3 and I want to play those classic maps everyone can't stop praising (Karkland, Wake Island), then that's not included but I have to buy the extra DLC, right?

And correct me if I'm wrong but Origin almost never have games more than 50% off on sale like Steam does all the time, right? I don't remember them being very generous for the past year I for which had an EA account.

Also I've been hearing bad publicity about EA's admins, who are very generous with their bannings. They won't ban me for light cursing and sporadic acts of messing around, will they? (on BC2 I've occasionally shot rockets at allied helis and had them lose balance and crash)
edit: Nevermind about the last question. If they would ban me for such things then they would have already banned me from BC2 already, which they didn't.
Post edited March 14, 2012 by angstrom
They ban people for stuff you say in their forums, not in a game, I think.

Origin DID have some ridiculous markdowns last month in some countries - somewhere around 70% off in some cases. Many games were five bucks each.
I don't see this 70% off deal on pcdddeals.com; if it happened they should've recorded it.
Post edited March 14, 2012 by angstrom

That's not the case. Origin charges me (in Cambodia using a Cambodian debit card) significantly more than the US prices I see you guys quoting, and I'm sure no one is going to argue that Cambodians have a higher national average salary than Americans.
GoJays2025: Well pre-orders for Indie Face Kick has officially begun...
http://indie.gamingallthetime.com/
I'm slightly confused. I just clicked on the pre order button, it took me straight to a payment screen, I paid, then it said "thanks for pre ordering the bundle" on the main page. Except, they didn't ask me for an email address or contact details, so how are they going to send it to me?

Oh, and the contact form on the bottom of the page doesn't seem to work.....
Post edited March 14, 2012 by MonstaMunch