It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gamersgate seems to be having a rather large space game sale in general. Evochron games, Space Ranger games, Master of Orion, handful of other obscureish looking entries in the genre too.

Edit- looks like I'm late to the party and this was already discussed.
Post edited March 05, 2012 by Sinizine
ABH20: Sword Of The Stars: Complete Collection $5.99 on GamersGate.

It lists the DRM as 'Other DRM' but I'm having trouble finding out what it is. The individual pages for the expansions say they're DRM Free but the page for the standalone SotS doesn't list any DRM at all, but also doesn't say it's DRM Free. Searching online just gave me a bunch of forum posts by people who emailed GG asking what the Other DRM is and getting no response.
You do get a serial number (4x4 digits) when you buy that item at GamersGate. I don't rcall if I had to actually use it though.
ABH20: Sword Of The Stars: Complete Collection $5.99 on GamersGate.

It lists the DRM as 'Other DRM' but I'm having trouble finding out what it is. The individual pages for the expansions say they're DRM Free but the page for the standalone SotS doesn't list any DRM at all, but also doesn't say it's DRM Free. Searching online just gave me a bunch of forum posts by people who emailed GG asking what the Other DRM is and getting no response.
Psyringe: You do get a serial number (4x4 digits) when you buy that item at GamersGate. I don't rcall if I had to actually use it though.
Wouldn't that be there to enable multiplayer? Maybe that's the 'Other DRM'.
Psyringe: You do get a serial number (4x4 digits) when you buy that item at GamersGate. I don't rcall if I had to actually use it though.
ABH20: Wouldn't that be there to enable multiplayer? Maybe that's the 'Other DRM'.
Probably yes (I remember other games which needed keys only for multiplayer, which were labeled as "other DRM" by GamersGate), but I can't say for sure.
Greenmangaming referral:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=suzatehu

Are you guys sure that the referral amount is 10 USD? It says 2 for me (though they are former referral followers who never bought anything).

PS: the amazon sale is on for Divinity II DKS and Cities XL 2012
abolat: Greenmangaming referral:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=suzatehu

Are you guys sure that the referral amount is 10 USD? It says 2 for me (though they are former referral followers who never bought anything).
That was a one-day promotion.
Psyringe: Daily Deal at GamersGate:

Sword of the Stars II for 8.99 $/€ (70% off). Requires Steam.

Only get it if you want to support the developers. The game was released as a mess, calling it merely "unfinished" would be a euphemism. Basically a dev admitted that they hgad to release it to fund further development. Since then, patches have improved the situation, but the game is still far from finished. Personally, I'd recommend getting the previous game and its expansions, as linked above by ABH20.
After couple of months, the game still in "beta" phase?
spinefarm: Mafia is DRM Free but still needs Capsule....
Mafia is not DRM free @GMG. Securom with every 3 days activation.
Psyringe: Daily Deal at GamersGate:

Sword of the Stars II for 8.99 $/€ (70% off). Requires Steam.

Only get it if you want to support the developers. The game was released as a mess, calling it merely "unfinished" would be a euphemism. Basically a dev admitted that they hgad to release it to fund further development. Since then, patches have improved the situation, but the game is still far from finished. Personally, I'd recommend getting the previous game and its expansions, as linked above by ABH20.
wormholewizards: After couple of months, the game still in "beta" phase?
I haven't bought it myself, so I can only relay other's reports. From what I'm reading, the game has reached beta state now, but is still several months away from release candidate status. The devs do work diligently on it, so there's hope that they game will live up to its potential eventually. However, people buying it now are buying into this potential rather than buying a game that's enjoyable right away.
ABH20: It seems like people aren't reading posts fully more and more around here...

Anyway, if you're ever wondering if a game can be activated on Steam or not, check out this list.
That list isn't comprehensive, unfortunately. I registered Supreme Commander Gold from GG on Steam and it's not in that list.
Use these threads if you want to find out what can be redeemed on Steam:

GamersGate
GreenManGaming
Amazon
Tallima: All Drakensang games on a DRM-free DVD for $14.99 -- very limited time (it looks like 15 left):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005OGYVKU/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=legeofleef-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B005OGYVKU

(ref link included)
nijuu: Drats. Was waiting for something like this.Oh well.Maybe it will be available from same sellers sometime in future :/
If you haven't ordered yet, now is the time. Just 3 copies left.
nagytow: Use these threads if you want to find out what can be redeemed on Steam:

GamersGate
GreenManGaming
Amazon
Thank you! This will come handy.
Other current Amazon Digital sales:

Sonic Generations, $10.19 - Activates on Steam.

Dead Island, $14.99 - Activates on Steam.

That's in addition to the ones from yesterday:

Payday: The Heist, $7.5 - Activates on Steam.

Saints Row 2 - $3.75 - Should activate on Steam.

Cities XL 2012, $9.99

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga, $5.99

A Game of Thrones - Genesis, $10 - Activates on Steam.
Tizzysawr: Other current Amazon Digital sales:

Sonic Generations, $10.19 - Activates on Steam.

Dead Island, $14.99 - Activates on Steam.

That's in addition to the ones from yesterday:

Payday: The Heist, $7.5 - Activates on Steam.

Saints Row 2 - $3.75 - Should activate on Steam.

Cities XL 2012, $9.99

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga, $5.99

A Game of Thrones - Genesis, $10 - Activates on Steam.
It should be noted that Divinity II is patched DRM free. (Maybe even the Amazon build has the patches alreas applied?)

Edit: I took out the part of SR not being redeemable on Steam.
Post edited March 05, 2012 by SimonG