It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ne_zavarj: D2D :
Doctor Who: The Adventure Games - Episode 1 - 4 $5.15
Taleroth: Maybe want.
Living in the UK, I got them free. The first one was so bad that I didn't even try the rest, despite them being free. Also, they're barely adventure games.
SirPrimalform: Living in the UK, I got them free. The first one was so bad that I didn't even try the rest, despite them being free. Also, they're barely adventure games.
i did them all, they didnt get any better, i wouldnt even pay that for them
Gamestop / Impulse full list :

http://www.impulsedriven.com/mailers/IMP_DownloadDays_mailer_072211.html
Post edited July 22, 2011 by ne_zavarj
Daedalus1138: Steam's Daily Deal is Eufloria. Interesting-looking game, but I probably won't get it.
GoJays2025: It's VERY slow to get a game started, but once the action starts there's a LOT of micromanagement to be done. Essentially you're simply waiting patiently for the first 20 minutes or so for your forces to build (maybe have some reading material nearby), then when you're ready to attack, suddenly it becomes this huge click-fest as you're giving directions to hundreds of little units at your disposal.

Visuals are pretty artistic and nice to look at, but if you're really playing the game then you're probably zoomed out anyway since it's so much easier to manage the battles when you have a clear view of the entire battlefield.
It got a huge update and the game is much faster now. Well worth its price.
SirPrimalform: Living in the UK, I got them free. The first one was so bad that I didn't even try the rest, despite them being free. Also, they're barely adventure games.
They did get better but remember they are aimed at people 12 and under not us adults. Don't go into them expecting sierra or even lucas arts level games just enjoy them for what there are a little extra side story and history
wodmarach: They did get better but remember they are aimed at people 12 and under not us adults. Don't go into them expecting sierra or even lucas arts level games just enjoy them for what there are a little extra side story and history
I didn't go into them expecting Lucas Arts or Sierra, but I at least expected an adventure game (given the name of the damn thing and the fact that Charles Cecil worked on it). What I got was a crappy stealth game with some puzzles.
Post edited July 22, 2011 by SirPrimalform
Here's a perhaps stupid question.

As someone who loved Medieval Total War to death, but fell out of favor with RTS's, but still loves grand strategy games like EU3, is MTW 2 worth four dollars?

I keep hemming and hawing about it. I loved the first, but I never played the battles. So I dunno if I'd lose all the flavor of MTW2 if I did that.
Hawk52: Here's a perhaps stupid question.

As someone who loved Medieval Total War to death, but fell out of favor with RTS's, but still loves grand strategy games like EU3, is MTW 2 worth four dollars?

I keep hemming and hawing about it. I loved the first, but I never played the battles. So I dunno if I'd lose all the flavor of MTW2 if I did that.
MTW 2 is worth more than 4 dollars, in my opinion. :)

It is a steal at that price, and thus, why I decided to get it.

Having said that, now that I M2TW, should I get Rome? And if so, with or without the Alexander expansion? Because Medieval and Rome are pretty much the only TW games I am interested in.
wodmarach: They did get better but remember they are aimed at people 12 and under not us adults. Don't go into them expecting sierra or even lucas arts level games just enjoy them for what there are a little extra side story and history
SirPrimalform: I didn't go into them expecting Lucas Arts or Sierra, but I at least expected an adventure game (given the name of the damn thing and the fact that Charles Cecil worked on it). What I got was a crappy stealth game with some puzzles.
I was interested, seems now not anymore. :(

As long as you use one of the many mods that adds an AI back into the game (CA decided to not include one at all with Rome TW, and just didn't bother to program one into M2 but the ability to mod it was there thank goodness) and you'll probably like it, though IMO it still isn't at MTW level. Get it with the Kingdoms Expansion for sure, as most mods are now made for that. TWcenter has a bunch listed in their forum, personally I really like Chivalry (awaiting a 4.0 update any day now), and Deus lo Vult (solely for sadomasochistic, difficult-campaign loving players). Plenty of other good ones that are more like the out of the box game with a functioning AI added as well though (Kingdoms Grand Campaign for Kingdoms, or The Long Road for MTW2 on its own).
Weird Worlds seems to be on sale for $17 through July 27, down from $25.
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Digital_Eel/WW/WW_page.html
They charge extra for physical shipping (understandable) and long-term download (not so understandable).

Eufloria:
GoJays2025:
gyokzoli: It got a huge update and the game is much faster now. Well worth its price.
It's an okay game with unique minimalist style, but it's not a big departure from other growth-rush games. Victory usually goes to whoever can seize the best planet first and redeploy their forces fastest, territory gains often come through attacking a planet immediately after its fleet commits elsewhere, that kind of thing. Even with the update, it's relatively slow paced.
Post edited July 23, 2011 by wvpr

mlc82: As long as you use one of the many mods that adds an AI back into the game (CA decided to not include one at all with Rome TW, and just didn't bother to program one into M2 but the ability to mod it was there thank goodness) and you'll probably like it, though IMO it still isn't at MTW level. Get it with the Kingdoms Expansion for sure, as most mods are now made for that. TWcenter has a bunch listed in their forum, personally I really like Chivalry (awaiting a 4.0 update any day now), and Deus lo Vult (solely for sadomasochistic, difficult-campaign loving players). Plenty of other good ones that are more like the out of the box game with a functioning AI added as well though (Kingdoms Grand Campaign for Kingdoms, or The Long Road for MTW2 on its own).
Another stupid question on top of my already stupid question. Is there any way to automate battles but still be able to watch them in the campaign? Like from a cinematic/free roam perspective?

There's something about Total War games that the battles themselves instantly overwhelm my brain. But I like watching them.
mlc82: As long as you use one of the many mods that adds an AI back into the game (CA decided to not include one at all with Rome TW, and just didn't bother to program one into M2 but the ability to mod it was there thank goodness) and you'll probably like it, though IMO it still isn't at MTW level. Get it with the Kingdoms Expansion for sure, as most mods are now made for that. TWcenter has a bunch listed in their forum, personally I really like Chivalry (awaiting a 4.0 update any day now), and Deus lo Vult (solely for sadomasochistic, difficult-campaign loving players). Plenty of other good ones that are more like the out of the box game with a functioning AI added as well though (Kingdoms Grand Campaign for Kingdoms, or The Long Road for MTW2 on its own).
Hawk52: Another stupid question on top of my already stupid question. Is there any way to automate battles but still be able to watch them in the campaign? Like from a cinematic/free roam perspective?

There's something about Total War games that the battles themselves instantly overwhelm my brain. But I like watching them.
Don't think so. Sounds like you need to give Dominions 3 a shot...
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Illwinter/DOM3/DOM3_page.html
Can someone from NA gift me Create from Impulse ? I can activate the serial on Origin.