It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Nice one. I just grabbed the $10 tier. :D
Impaler26: Nice one. I just grabbed the $10 tier. :D
Already own Dark Souls so just went for the BTA. Solid bundle again.
Flying Bundle - Opium Pulses' Summer Sci-Venture

- Air Guardians
- Bard to the Future
- Bliss
- Incognito
- Mystery game
- Mystery game 2
- Red Goblin: Cursed Forest
- Robot Rescue Revolution
- Starlite: Astronaut Rescue
- Time Ramesside (A New Reckoning)
- Vox Populi Vox Dei 2
Still no movement from groupees regarding the DRM on SimplePlanes (supposedly DRM Free).
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post59415
high rated
Sachys: Still no movement from groupees regarding the DRM on SimplePlanes (supposedly DRM Free).
That was the only game that looked interesting to me, mentioned earlier in this thread. So glad I didn't go in. Their lackadaisical attitude is quite the turnoff as well. I would be a definite for the comic bundle, but currently don't have plans following the "meh"-heard-round-the-world.
Sachys: Still no movement from groupees regarding the DRM on SimplePlanes (supposedly DRM Free).
budejovice: That was the only game that looked interesting to me, mentioned earlier in this thread. So glad I didn't go in. Their lackadaisical attitude is quite the turnoff as well. I would be a definite for the comic bundle, but currently don't have plans following the "meh"-heard-round-the-world.
Aye, that was one massive bollock dropped right there. If they had even said
"sorry, we didnt realise / have time to test it specifically (as a non-profit), but will remove the drm free icon and do what we can to right this situation pronto!"
- or some other kind of customer service level brush off... I might have been okay with it. At least then they'd be matching certain other (larger) stores levels of incompetence and customer facing skills.
Hell - when I've had issues with IGS and Shinyloot, they both gave me free games to smooth over the experience - and neither has the amoutn of people on team as groupees I'd reckon!
You realize you only asked the junior IT guy, who doesn't know anything about the games, right?
yogsloth: You realize you only asked the junior IT guy, who doesn't know anything about the games, right?
actually, I had sent it to groupess via social media channels a good while before posting either here or in the chat. His was the only response I got. it was an open statement / question.
fact is, he shouldnt be replying to anything customer service wise if he doesnt have the know how / not their dept - particularly as a non-profit organisation (as I believe they still are?!) - as its something that could really harm them.

ultimately though, im just annoyed at having bought something that requires always online connection when it was sold as drm free.
I'd have rather had some other drm bollocks even!
Post edited August 05, 2015 by Sachys
budejovice: That was the only game that looked interesting to me, mentioned earlier in this thread. So glad I didn't go in. Their lackadaisical attitude is quite the turnoff as well. I would be a definite for the comic bundle, but currently don't have plans following the "meh"-heard-round-the-world.
Agreed, only SimplePlanes caught my eye, too. This was my first groupees purchase in over 18 months. Unfortunately, it was prior to Sachys' discovery. I didn't think my expectations re: their service could sink further. I should have had greater faith!
grimwerk: I shouldn't have had faith!
FIXED!
yogsloth: You realize you only asked the junior IT guy, who doesn't know anything about the games, right?
Even if you *don't* care about the product you are selling (pushing?), the cardinal rule of Customer Service is empathizing. I don't care if the junior IT guy has Aspergers - he has to be empathetic or at least pretend to be when dealing with customers.

Now, I'm sure our resident four star, high rep, upstanding fellow is not calling for his head on a pike - a simple apology and if possible a Groupee coin or two might smooth things out. Unless those coins are worth 1/6 of a shilling or something - that'd be bad to give a customer a 2c credit.

Hmm... now that you mention it, I had a bad experience with the comics bundle #2 where the uploaded copies (epub/mobi versions) were the low resolution samples instead of the full size versions. Completely unreadable on a 7" tablet. Submitted a ticket, they said dynamite gave them the wrong versions, so they'd update the ticket as soon as they got new ones from them. Since then, nothing. So, either Dynamite took the money and ran, only giving Groupees half of what they promised, or Groupees doesn't give a darn. And, yes, of course, I passed on the Dynamite 3 bundle because of it.

That was, oh two months ago, so if you have some pull there... I've got a ticket # here somewhere.
Post edited August 05, 2015 by PincushionMan
PincushionMan: That was, oh two months ago, so if you have some pull there... I've got a ticket # here somewhere.
Send it to me via PM.
PincushionMan: Even if you *don't* care about the product you are selling (pushing?), the cardinal rule of Customer Service is empathizing. I don't care if the junior IT guy has Aspergers - he has to be empathetic or at least pretend to be when dealing with customers.

Now, I'm sure our resident gorilla is not calling for his head on a pike - a simple apology and if possible a Groupee coin or two might smooth things out. Unless those coins are worth 1/6 of a shilling or something - that'd be bad to give a customer a 2c credit.

Hmm... now that you mention it, I had a bad experience with the comics bundle #2 where the uploaded copies (epub/mobi versions) were the low resolution samples instead of the full size versions. Completely unreadable on a 7" tablet. Submitted a ticket, they said dynamite gave them the wrong versions, so they'd update the ticket as soon as they got new ones from them. Since then, nothing. So, either Dynamite took the money and ran, only giving Groupees half of what they promised, or Groupees doesn't give a darn. And, yes, of course, I passed on the Dynamite 3 bundle because of it.

That was, oh two months ago, so if you have some pull there... I've got a ticket # here somewhere.

actually, all I wanted was for groupees to aknowledge the mistake and pull the drm free icon from the game tab on the bundle.

also, im not a fucking gorilla, dont be a dick!
yogsloth:
and thanks for belittling me in the chat there - nice standpoint for someone who complains about the lack of drm free in groupees bundles.

well done!
Post edited August 05, 2015 by Sachys
Sachys: also, im not a [edited], dont be a dick!
My mistake. I apologize. No disrespect was meant what-so-ever. Previous post fixed.

[edit] So, what is your avatar picture, then?
Post edited August 05, 2015 by PincushionMan
Sachys: and thanks for belittling me in the chat there - nice standpoint for someone who complains about the lack of drm free in groupees bundles.

well done!
Ah man, you totally took it the wrong way! Not belittling you at all! Sorry you took it that way. :(

[edit] Shit call on my part, I guess it could look like I was making fun of you. Really not my intention. :(

I went to private chat there to try and sort some things out...
Post edited August 05, 2015 by yogsloth