It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cecil: If everything was DRM free this would be a no brainer but sadly most of the games I really want are Steam only on this deal...
Is marvelous miss take any good?
Why does it from the trailer look like Gravity Ghost is some kind of a mobile game?
Looking at the video, it kind of reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy.
high rated
Cyraxpt: ...
So, in context, here's why I took it as harmless.

Here you have two outwardly very artsy people who hoped to appeal to a gaming market which is pretty well dominated by smacking things til they're dead. During this attempt, they felt obligated to step carefully. That is, censor themselves so as not to offend that portion of vocal gamers (or hell, that vocal portion of the internet in general) that puts the worst possible interpretation on anything said and explodes. As they both have strong criticisms of and feelings about how the world should work, keeping quiet is something that very likely made them impatient. That is, they are artists. It's their job to speak up about the world, and they put themselves in a position where they felt that they couldn't do so as freely for a while.

Anyway, they failed to appeal to the gaming market, and opted to return to a field perhaps more accepting of (or interested in!) what they had to say. Certainly, they were frustrated both by their own failure and the collection of know-it-alls who confidently explained that said failure was obvious. But also, they were somewhat relieved to have a voice again. And that was the point to the tweets you posted. (They were explicit about this, if you read the context.) So I understood it as "Hey, look what I can say now!" rather than some serious wish to see people harmed. The comments weren't even spoken in anger. They were part of an outwardly playful (albeit snarky and perhaps too public) conversation with a friend.

Sorry to clutter up the thread a bit. But this is where the don't-pay-for-this-game challenge was made, and so the response belongs here, too. As for the game, I've never played it.

Please see this as a friendly response, Cyraxpt.
cecil: Why does it from the trailer look like Gravity Ghost is some kind of a mobile game?
It's not. PC, Mac and Linux only. I just played it for over an hour (with a gamepad) and thought it was fun. It is casual, but in a good way and very well done. You don't really do anything challenging just zoom around the planets trying to use the gravity to collect stuff, but surprisingly I find it very enjoyable regardless. The story bits are pleasantly weird and mysterious and I like the art style, the music is pretty great, too, and the soundtrack is included in the bundle. Whether a game like this would be worth 12$ to you, I can't say, as for me I was a little sceptical at first but now that I played it, I don't regret buying it at this price and supporting the devs and the charity cause with it. I'd suggest watching a gameplay review to see whether it might be your cup of tea or not.
Post edited July 03, 2015 by Leroux
grimwerk: Snip
Hey, i just gave an advice and showed why, it's up to you (and others) to decide what to do, from my point of view, even as a joke, it's just disrespectful to wish death upon others because they didn't bought their game, especially considering all the "noise" about their company closing because the game didn't sell so they were banking in the players pity to save them, that didn't work then "fuck the gamers".

Not sure why the need of "friendly response" i don't see other way to interpret your post. :)
Cyraxpt: Not sure why the need of "friendly response" i don't see other way to interpret your post. :)
Surprisingly often, I reread what I have written and think, "What the hell did I say?! That's not what I meant."

So it's best to disagree carefully with people I like!
cecil: Why does it from the trailer look like Gravity Ghost is some kind of a mobile game?
I think this style of "jump around a sphere with gravitational pull" game has proliferated quite a bit and is sort of taking on its own genre. There are quite a number of mobile games that use this same basic gameplay mechanic, and I think the reason why it has caught on is because it is indeed rather simple yet addictive (and also probably pretty easy to program).

Personally, I'm a bit tired of the mechanic and the million iterations and clones of it, but Gravity Ghost does appear to have a nice style to it and a good amount invested in the aesthetics and story. I think if you are new to this style of game it might be worth it, but the core gameplay mechanic which has been used to death recently is kind of putting me off.

If you want to try a free game out that is in this "planet jumping" genre of games, there's a pretty nice one here that hooked me for a good hour or so (Flash-based):
http://www.kongregate.com/games/Seirie/stardrops
grimwerk: Surprisingly often, I reread what I have written and think, "What the hell did I say?! That's not what I meant."
So I'm not the only one. That is kind of a relief. What is worse is when you know what you want to say, but you can't seem to do it without wall of text, resulting in possibly several well earned tl;dr replies.

...then someone else replies, and says what you were trying to in one sentence. Or a quote from Oscar Wilde or someone. Leaving you then feeling both "Yes, that's it!" but also.. "d'oh!"
grimwerk: Surprisingly often, I reread what I have written and think, "What the hell did I say?! That's not what I meant."
HeDanny: So I'm not the only one. That is kind of a relief. What is worse is when you know what you want to say, but you can't seem to do it without wall of text, resulting in possibly several well earned tl;dr replies.

...then someone else replies, and says what you were trying to in one sentence. Or a quote from Oscar Wilde or someone. Leaving you then feeling both "Yes, that's it!" but also.. "d'oh!"
Yes, I know that feeling. Usually the perfect reply is posted whilst I'm typing in my wall of waffle, so that it appears right above my poorly crafted, meandering effort.
This weekend on DotEmu: Merge Games -60%.

While most of these games are available on GOG, there are some things notable about the promo:

1) The Commandos games on offer are most likely not regionally-locked for German users.
2) It has Commandos: Strike Force, which is the only Commandos game not on GOG.
3) It has Constructor, a game that was removed from GOG 10 months ago.
Grargar: This weekend on DotEmu: Merge Games -60%.

2) It has Commandos: Strike Force, which is the only Commandos game not on GOG.
Thanks for the heads up! I just grabbed Commandos Strike Force.
Fantasysci5: Will the Indiegala Friday bundle be new tomorrow, or will it be happy hour?
According to their countdown, the current Friday Bundle has two weeks left. I wouldn't expect a new one.
Post edited July 03, 2015 by madth3
Deals on GamersGate:

Deponia - The Complete Journey (Steam) -80% for 24 hours.

Resident Evil (Steam), up to -75% for the weekend.

Total War, up to -75% for the weekend. Most games require Steam, but the Mac versions for a few of them use Feral Interactive's DRM, so pay attention to the DRM section.

Iceberg Interactive, up to -75% for the weekend. The DRM used varies between games, so pay attention to the DRM section.
Post edited July 03, 2015 by Grargar
Independence Bundle on IndieGala

$1.99 (first 24 hours) for

- Gold Rush! Classic
- Major Mayhem
- Battleplan: American Civil War
- Sideway New York
- The Race for the White House
- The Bluecoats: North vs South
- Tycoon City
- Commander: Conquest of the Americas + 2 DLC
Groupees Girls, Girls, Girls 2 bundle preorder - $1

https://groupees.com/ggg2

4 games + 2 albums
Does anyone know how this companies pick the games for their bundles? Sometimes i think that they grab the intern, dive him in a drum container filled with tree sap and throw him at the garbage container, whatever sticks on him will be the games for the next bundle.